Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Online Dating

chomerics

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Has anyone done it, and have they had any success? I was wondering what others expereinces have been with it, any luck or not?

BTW, for those who think online dating is not a good thing, or look down on people for doing it, what better way to meet people, and to screen out the bad ones? In the past two weeks, I've met some fascinating people, who I would have never met at a bar.

I never engaged in online dating as it wasn't out yet by the time I got married. If I was not married I probably would give it a whirl.....I have a close friend that meets people online through a dating service and has met some nice ladies. I don't look down on people for doing this at all, but I know some people do.

Problem is you get people who don't tell you the truth about what they look like.

Case in point our neighbor. She tells people she is "slighly overweight".

She's 350 pounds. That is not slightly overweight.

Guys have literally seen her in the parking lot and drove away.

The ones that actually go out with her once bang her and never call her again.

Well, I've never used online dating as I was married before Al Gore invented the internet :), but I have known several people who did use it. The general consensus was that match.com sucks....the people I knew who used it preferred eharmony. They said it did a better job of weeding out your less desireable candidates. Of the 4 people I know who used it, 3 are in long term relationships as a result...it did take a few shots at it before they met the person they are with now. It's quite common these days....I'd probably use it if I were single...

My dumb-ass brother-in-law fell for one of those Russian chicks who contacted him through one of those sites. You know the ones...send hot pics in bikinis, say they love you after 3 e-mails, want to come visit you but just had to pay for nephew's emergency surgery...can you send me $1800 for airfare....but I know you are smarter than my brother-in-law Chom...

Problem is you get people who don't tell you the truth about what they look like.

Case in point our neighbor. She tells people she is "slighly overweight".

She's 350 pounds. That is not slightly overweight.

Guys have literally seen her in the parking lot and drove away.

The ones that actually go out with her once bang her and never call her again.

you know too much about your neighbor's business. :laugh:

Well, I've met two girls so far, and each one is great. The first one I went on a date with is a biopharmaceutical teritorial sales manager. We had a great date, spent hours on the phone, and we really hit it off. She is half Chinese, and half Irish and she has this alluring quality about her. The second one I met was drop dead gorgeous, and she works in transportation policy for the state, but she's a republican :doh: She works for the dark side, but other then politics, we have a lot in common. I already warned her people who know me think I will be the next Che Guevera :laugh: I met her for coffee, and we're getting together again next week.

I also have been e-mailing another girl, she is a diehard liberal, she works for a local politician and she shapes the health care policy for the city. She is a recient KSG grad (Kennedy School of Government @ Harvard) and says she wants to change the world, we haven't met, but we ave a hell of a lot in common.

Just curious because I have met two amazing women so far, and hopefully one more. I am past that point of looking for meaningless sex, and I am looking for something more then just a "hook up", but the people I met so far are stellar (at least right now, they still may turn out to be psycho's in the long run) :silly:

I don't know if I am just lucky or what, but I have met two beautiful women who are both bright, and intelligent. Hopefully I will meet the third girl as I think from her e-mails she is the most like me, but I am really psyched about this. I was wondering if any other ES'rs had the same type of experience, or got to meet some great people. . .

My sister-in-law met your boyfriend on e-harmony.com. Real nice guy, they have hit it off and it looks like it might be the real thing. Just watch out - they sneak Eagles fans in there - he actually likes all Philly sports.

since rincewinds post came after chomerics and bugs posts, Im wondering which ones boyfriend rincewinds sister-in-law hit it off with. :munchout:

I have a couple of experiences...one not so good and one very good.

About 10 years ago I met a lady from Pittsburgh in an AOL chat room. We exchanged pics and her pic was smoking. We talked for quite awhile and agreed to meet. The Skins were playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh and she offered to get tix if I wanted to come meet her and go to the game. I hopped a flight and when I got to the airport she was nowhere to be found. I went to the bar and ended up talking to another young lady for a long while trying to figure out what to do next. I was then paged to pick up a phone and was connected to her....she said that she "didn't really think that I was coming" ...but that she would be there shortly. About an hour later the Bride of Frankenstein came walking into the airport bar and announced that she was the young lady that I had been waiting for. It was obvious that she had sent me a pic of someone else and I was floored. I really didn't know what to say but figured anyone that was that desperate I couldn't help but feel sorry for. I got in the car with her and she drove me back to her house. The things one will do to go to a Skins game. To her disappointment I told her that I felt more comfortable sleeping in the guest room. I went to the Skins game with her the next day without ever saying a word about the fake pic. After the game I had her drive me back to the airport so I could leave that night instead of the next day as I had originally planned. After I returned home I emailed her and told her that I couldn't understand why she would send a pic of someone else but that it was all good......she said that it was a pic of a friend b/c she didn't think that I'd like her as she was. You'd think I'd have learned a lesson........

A year later while casually dating a bevy of women yet not content with any of them I did something I had never done before...I answered a personal ad (with no pic) on AOL. We exchanged pics and once again this girl's pic was smoking. We had a great first date...dinner and drinks and she looked even better than her picture. She lived an hour away and I was kind of busy with the other young ladies so I didn't really pursue it too hard. We talked on the phone a few times and then I called her one Saturday morning and she ****ed me out for not having asked her out again yet..wanted to know what my deal was. I happened to have tix to Dave Matthews that next weekend so I invited her. We started dating and never stopped. We have now been happily married for 6 years and have a beautiful 4 year old daughter. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. She makes me want to be a better man, a better husband, and a better father every day of my life.

Each day I wake up and wonder if this is the day the dream ends...the day that she figures out she's way out of my league :) In all seriousness.....internet romance can happen...I'm thankful that I attempted it again after the first disastrous attempt.

About 10 years ago I met a lady from Pittsburgh in an AOL chat room. We exchanged pics and her pic was smoking. We talked for quite awhile and agreed to meet. The Skins were playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh and she offered to get tix if I wanted to come meet her and go to the game. I hopped a flight and when I got to the airport she was nowhere to be found. I went to the bar and ended up talking to another young lady for a long while trying to figure out what to do next. I was then paged to pick up a phone and was connected to her....she said that she "didn't really think that I was coming" ...but that she would be there shortly. About an hour later the Bride of Frankenstein came walking into the airport bar and announced that she was the young lady that I had been waiting for.

But you did get to see the Skins game! Too bad you had to hook up with the Bus to get there.

Skins lost 14-13...I enjoyed the game and treated her like a gentleman would in spite of what she had done.. Would it have been not cool to email her and ask for her friend's # ?

Nah. She deserved every bit of it. But it's good you didn't. What kind of girl would give her pic to another girl to send to some online guy? I wouldn't want to mess with that.

Great story, by the way. Thanks for sharing.

About 10 years ago I met a lady from Pittsburgh in an AOL chat room. We exchanged pics and her pic was smoking. We talked for quite awhile and agreed to meet. The Skins were playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh and she offered to get tix if I wanted to come meet her and go to the game. I hopped a flight and when I got to the airport she was nowhere to be found. I went to the bar and ended up talking to another young lady for a long while trying to figure out what to do next. I was then paged to pick up a phone and was connected to her....she said that she "didn't really think that I was coming" ...but that she would be there shortly. About an hour later the Bride of Frankenstein came walking into the airport bar and announced that she was the young lady that I had been waiting for. It was obvious that she had sent me a pic of someone else and I was floored. I really didn't know what to say but figured anyone that was that desperate I couldn't help but feel sorry for. I got in the car with her and she drove me back to her house. The things one will do to go to a Skins game. To her disappointment I told her that I felt more comfortable sleeping in the guest room. I went to the Skins game with her the next day without ever saying a word about the fake pic. After the game I had her drive me back to the airport so I could leave that night instead of the next day as I had originally planned. After I returned home I emailed her and told her that I couldn't understand why she would send a pic of someone else but that it was all good......she said that it was a pic of a friend b/c she didn't think that I'd like her as she was. You'd think I'd have learned a lesson........

A year later while casually dating a bevy of women yet not content with any of them I did something I had never done before...I answered a personal ad (with no pic) on AOL. We exchanged pics and once again this girl's pic was smoking. We had a great first date...dinner and drinks and she looked even better than her picture. She lived an hour away and I was kind of busy with the other young ladies so I didn't really pursue it too hard. We talked on the phone a few times and then I called her one Saturday morning and she ****ed me out for not having asked her out again yet..wanted to know what my deal was. I happened to have tix to Dave Matthews that next weekend so I invited her. We started dating and never stopped. We have now been happily married for 6 years and have a beautiful 4 year old daughter. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. She makes me want to be a better man, a better husband, and a better father every day of my life.

Each day I wake up and wonder if this is the day the dream ends...the day that she figures out she's way out of my league :) In all seriousness.....internet romance can happen...I'm thankful that I attempted it again after the first disastrous attempt.

Great post, thanks for sharing :cheers:

Well, I've met two girls so far, and each one is great. The first one I went on a date with is a biopharmaceutical teritorial sales manager. We had a great date, spent hours on the phone, and we really hit it off. She is half Chinese, and half Irish and she has this alluring quality about her. The second one I met was drop dead gorgeous, and she works in transportation policy for the state, but she's a republican :doh: She works for the dark side, but other then politics, we have a lot in common. I already warned her people who know me think I will be the next Che Guevera :laugh: I met her for coffee, and we're getting together again next week.

I also have been e-mailing another girl, she is a diehard liberal, she works for a local politician and she shapes the health care policy for the city. She is a recient KSG grad (Kennedy School of Government @ Harvard) and says she wants to change the world, we haven't met, but we ave a hell of a lot in common.

Just curious because I have met two amazing women so far, and hopefully one more. I am past that point of looking for meaningless sex, and I am looking for something more then just a "hook up", but the people I met so far are stellar (at least right now, they still may turn out to be psycho's in the long run) :silly:

I don't know if I am just lucky or what, but I have met two beautiful women who are both bright, and intelligent. Hopefully I will meet the third girl as I think from her e-mails she is the most like me, but I am really psyched about this. I was wondering if any other ES'rs had the same type of experience, or got to meet some great people. . .

Dude, I hope you are not such a political nut you won't date someone with different political ideals then yourself. I see the Liberal and Conservative dating websites and shake my head.

I never went through a dating website but I've heard a lot of good things about eharmony.com. I met my wife on AOL and we have been happily married for 7 yrs now.

Something to keep in mind while sizing up a potential mate regardless of where you meet them....

People will meet someone new and the first thing they often say is "how they have so much in common" ......

Walter Cronkite was married for 65 years and was once asked the reason behind the longevity of his marriage.....his response was "It's not so much the things that you have in common...it's how well you can laugh about the things that you don't"

That always stuck with me and I really believe that there's a lot of truth in that.

Wow what a great story! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Dude, I hope you are not such a political nut you won't date someone with different political ideals then yourself. I see the Liberal and Conservative dating websites and shake my head.

Absolutely not, it just adds for some stimulating discussion :) In fact, the only two girls I hve gone out with are both republicans. One, as I mentioned before is in the biopharmaceutical industry, and is a republican, but I can rationalize that approach. It is directly related to her job, and she is a benificiary of republican policies. I have no problem when people actually vote to make themselves better, that is what they are supposed to do. It is also why I hold no ill feelings towards cskin or Art, they both SHOULD be republicans because it is in their best intrest. Where I have a problem is when I see the teacher making $32K/year and saying the liberals are what's wrong with the world.

I never went through a dating website but I've heard a lot of good things about eharmony.com. I met my wife on AOL and we have been happily married for 7 yrs now.

Thanks, the place I met the two girls I am intrested in was eharmony. I was told it was a "republican" web site :doh: NOTE: The :doh: was in the person who told me it was a republican matching site, not because the site is republican ;)

And yes, have you ever seen the people on the "political dating" boards? For the republicans, you get either the toothless lady that weighs 400 lbs and is spitting tobbaco out of her cheek, and for the liberals, you get the hippy dread lock people who haven't bathed since Bill Clinton was preaident. . . I think I'll pass by those sites :)

I had a LOT better success and far more attractive options (to be blunt) when there was Love@AOL and it was FREE.

When all these sites went pay-for-play, it tilted things dramatically in favor of women. Hell, in the space of a few weeks, I had 3 VERY attractive women I met from Love@AOL. With match.com, well...meh.

www.jdate.com

That's where I met my wife.

It's a little strange to the extent that you don't know anything about someone before meeting, but it made a lot of sense in NYC given that the bar scene is far more oriented to random hook-ups.

I think if you go about it the right way, and you're honest and forthcoming, you can really find somebody worthwhile. I know I did. :)

Archived