Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Online Dating

chomerics

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I dated a girl I met in a aim chatroom for a little less than 2 years, haven't tried any form of dating online since. I don't understand why anyone would be against it though, other than the possiable safety issues.

right, though there are horror stories, no matter what medium you meet a girl/guy, if you click, then that matters more. Considering that the online communication world has exploded especially in the past 5-6 years (myspace, facebook, former places like AIM chatrooms, etc...) more and more people will start meeting online. It makes sense in a way because it cuts out potential downfalls by knowing certain things up front, though that could also become a problem as well.

um am i the only one stating the obvious? myspace? hello? i've done pretty well on there..and made some really great friends too!

MySpace netted me my last girlfriend and she was the only acceptable prospect to email me in my entire time there. She was really cool but she is a different girl than most. I emailed a bunch of girls but nothing ever came of that. MySpace has been absolutely ABYSMAL as a meeting place, in my experience.

um am i the only one stating the obvious? myspace? hello? i've done pretty well on there..and made some really great friends too!

yeah myspace is good i met my fiancee on there well we went to the same college and we would chat on myspace during class. Then we decided to go out and then started dating and have been engaged for a year.

I met my current girlfriend through Myspace on accident. She was friends with my friend and then I ended up adding her (I forget how). The rest is history.

Other than that I've had zero luck with even making new friends on Myspace. Guys and girls alike. Most people will message you and talk to you for about 2 or 3 messages then after that you don't ever hear from them again.

Hey Chom, How did this end up working out for you? I'm curious about these websites. A few years back I was on match.com and it sucked pretty bad.

Anyone else have any more stories to add?

Well, I would say it has worked out VERY well for me :D I met a great woman, and we dated for about 6 months but it didn't work out. . .although now we are FWB, so it's not too bad ;)

In the past month, I have been on about 10 dates, last week was a busy one, I had a date a night for 5 straight nights (2 first, 2 second, 1 FWB). I am meeting a Neuroscientist tomorrow who is in her post-doc @ Harvard, and she works at Children's hospital. I actually am hoping to hit it off with her, because I am getting very tired lately :laugh: She is very hot though, and unbelievably smart. . .plus she is a skins fan to boot!!! She's from NOVA, so we already have that is common.

I am on match and e-harmony. I usually date one from each a week, sometimes a few more depending on the week. I usually get about 4 winks a day, and 2 e-mails with 60 or so views. I have met a lot of great women, but nothing incredible so far. I am 35, so I know what I am looking for, and I won't settle for anything but greatness :D

Boston is a great area for online dating though, we have 400,000 college students every year haha! I'm going after them one skirt at a time ;) But the GREAT think about Boston is MIT and Harvard. I have dated a couple of people from both, and I actually like a woman that challenges be on all levels, especially intellectually. It is nice to get your ass kicked in scrabble every once in a while :) If you are a decient looking guy and in relatively good shape, you will find it very easy to meet women online. Heck, I don't even bother pursuing women any more, I let them pursue me and chose the ones I want :laugh: Yes, the internet is great!

One girl and I seemed to hit it off real good (a craigslist girl)

Craigslist ish??? CRAIGSLIST?!?!? :wtf:

Dude, you are a good looking young male, craigslist is the LAST place you should be looking. Online dating is for us older folk who get laughed at when we try to talk to the 24 year old hottie at the bar :laugh:

I've signed up for a couple over time, but without any real results. E-Harmony couldn't come up with much of anything in a three month period of time. The others were similar in results.

Never met anyone from any of them. Never even talked on the phone with anyone they sent me info on.

What a total waste of money. At least for me.

Archived