Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you add T.O. doesn't Moss become secondary

Staylor21

Instead of saying "T.O. isn't coming here", why can't some of you just answer the question?

IF Owens was to come here he'd be the #1 WR. He's a bigger, stronger, more physical WR then Moss and thus would lead the team in catches, regardless of who the QB is. Moss on the other hand would become the biggest big play WR in the NFL, he will face constant single coverage and would have a sick YPC average. Moss would score probably 15 plus TD's, lead the league in catches over 30 yards, and have another incredible year statistically.

The player who would suffer in the catch category most is Cooley, as a WR will always be open as Moss and Owens can beat any CB one on one and not too mention Patten would then be singled up against a nickel.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

If Owens would come here, Moss would not be upset.

Cooley and Owens would be the intermediate range receivers and Moss would get the screens and the intermediate to long range passes and be single covered due to the FS and the SS having to decide if they are going to cover the run, assist the LB's with Cooley and Owens or play a cover 2-esque pattern with the CB to cover Moss.

If we do add Moss do you think Moss could possibly be mad about adding T.O. to be number or does that Joe Gibbs nature come in?

I think Moss will be jumping for joy. If they add TO, then teams can't double team him and that can be only good news for Moss. I want TO for 2 reasons: 1. He is about the best WR in the league. 2. I completely trust Gibbs and co. to make sure TO will not disrupt this team. These are old school coaches who won't take anyone's crap. So if TO comes over, he will not disrupt the team.

As for Moss becoming the #2, I doubt that will happen. Moss will still line wup where he is and will get his number called as before. Gibbs is a loyalty guy when you produce and Moss is a handpicked Gibbs player who has produced a record setting season.

No matter what you think about TO as far as his behavior, you can't argue that he is practically unstoppable on the field. He is absolutely the best player to fill our position of need from a play standpoint, there's not even a remotely close second. That can't be argued.

If, and that's a very big if, TO were to come here he would be featured very prominently in the offense. Would Moss' numbers go down? Yeah, most likely they would, but they would have gone down next year anyway due to the increased attention he will attract after a year like this, it's just a fact of life in the NFL. It would in no way be a reflection of his value to the team, and Santana would understand what his role is and his value to the team. That's all most players really need, to know that their coaches and teamates appreciate their efforts and talents.

What bringing TO in would do though is open up your entire offense. If we added TO, we would almost instantly be one of the best offenses in football. Everything would look better. Oline, passing game, running game, you name it. Want proof? Look at the Eagles with and then without the threat of TO. With Moss, TO, and Cooley all consistently involved in the passing game, and Portis running the ball, we would have one of the most diverse and dynamic attacks in the game. You can no longer load up to stop Portis, lest you be torched by Moss, TO, and Cooley, and vice versa. It's pick your poison time for defenses, and none of their options look good. From a personell standpoint, how do you match up against that? Think about it...how do you defense that? No matter what you do, you're always going to be like the little dutch boy trying to stop the dyke from leaking and running out of fingers.

I place my trust in Gibbs on this one. There are many friends of TO on this team, and that could be a factor. Even an egotist like TO will respect his friends to some degree. That is a factor that people thought was real in Philly, but it turns out TO and McNabb never really actually liked each other as people, just as players. I think coach Gibbs believes in this team's character and makeup, that they could handle a guy like TO. If Coach Gibbs were to meet with TO and decide that he can help the team, then I will trust that decision. I think it's a longshot to actually happen, given our salary cap room or relative lack thereof at the moment and the demands TO is likely to make, but it is a possibility. If it happens, I will enjoy watching all the TO bashers do 180's, at least for a while.

Another team to watch for in the TO sweepstakes. New England. May seem like a darkhorse to some, but it looks like something they would actually do to me. They have the salary cap room, and have had good luck with a certain other former team cancer in recent times.

don't be surprised he would fit in perfect here cause regardless of all the haters but as soon as the season starts and he scores a TD everybody in The metro area will be on his nuts

exactly. well put.

now, although i dont see him wearing burgandy and gold next year, lets look at this hypothetically, and stop saying "he wont be here next year." this is the offseason, and every proposal could become a possibility. that said, assuming he's here, i think moss wont be so mad when he's burning 2nd string corners trying to single cover him.

don't be surprised he would fit in perfect here cause regardless of all the haters but as soon as the season starts and he scores a TD everybody in The metro area will be on his nuts

Hello...I am was not all that enthused by the way TO acted in Philly...but if he was in Burgundy & Gold, I would not be mad at all...and Moss would have the biggest smile on his face...becasue he would get more 1 on 1 coverage

Ist off there's no reason that a team can't have 2 1000 yd WR's. Hell the Skins had 3 in one season before.

When you start a thought of with "first off" you should usually follow it up with "second..." Just giving you a hard time. :nana:

I don't see it happening because of our Salary Cap situation. However if Snyder was able to work his magic and land TO I'd be stoked. He can become a cancer but look at what teams he caused a problem for. He was fine in SF when Young was around. The 49er and Eagle teams he disrupted lacked leadership. We have good coaches and strong leaders on this team. I think they could keep him in check for the most part. He's still going to make some ridiculous comments here and there but I think he'll be focusing them on other teams for fear of losing his job. He has to know he's running out of chances and is going to want to make it work this time.

When you start a thought of with "first off" you should usually follow it up with "second..." Just giving you a hard time. :nana:

I don't see it happening because of our Salary Cap situation. However if Snyder was able to work his magic and land TO I'd be stoked. He can become a cancer but look at what teams he caused a problem for. He was fine in SF when Young was around. The 49er and Eagle teams he disrupted lacked leadership. We have good coaches and strong leaders on this team. I think they could keep him in check for the most part. He's still going to make some ridiculous comments here and there but I think he'll be focusing them on other teams for fear of losing his job. He has to know he's running out of chances and is going to want to make it work this time.

Why would he think he's running out of chances when everyone (fans and commentators) are all abuzz about who's getting him next season? He's obviously still the single hottest commodity on the market and he'd have to be pretty stupid not to see that.

You think seeing ESPNews going crazy every time his name is mentioned is HURTING his ego? Heck no.

The guy knows what he's worth to some teams and he could care less about second or third chances, that's not how people like him think.

This is one of the reason that T.O. probably wont be coming here, we found a great recevier in Moss and all we need is someone to complement him and not take over his role, realisticly TO will be traded because of the intrest and not released, Philly would never send him somewhere they would have to face him twice a year, he will be in AFC guarenteed

Archived