Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxSports: NFL Sleepers for 2006

Oldskool

J.J. Arrington is listed as a sleeper? He looked pretty terrible in the Skins/Cards game. Our defense does that to runningbacks, but still, he didn't look good running the ball and he kept fumbling it.

Apparently he had a really good training camp last year and everyone was surprised that he sucked so much. He might rebound. You never know, its the Cardinals blocking for him.

I stopped reading when I saw Kyle Boller at 12. :laugh:

Considering Boller played pretty well towards the end of the season, why is that a stretch?

If you really want to laugh at something, it was the mention of JJ Arrington at no.5. Unless someone gave him a heart transplant he's never going to work out in the NFL.

Apparently he had a really good training camp last year and everyone was surprised that he sucked so much. He might rebound. You never know, its the Cardinals blocking for him.

Everyone figured the Cards would open the Offense up and give room for a back -- Problem was the O line completely sucked against the run and protecting the QB

"2. Chris Simms, QB, Tampa Bay

The Bucs won their division after two straight two-touchdown performances in the team's final regular season games, then could've easily been directing them into the second round if not for an unfortunate dropped touchdown pass that would've beaten the Redskins."

I'm guessing he means, would have tied the Redskins

J.J. Arrington is listed as a sleeper? He looked pretty terrible in the Skins/Cards game. Our defense does that to runningbacks, but still, he didn't look good running the ball and he kept fumbling it.

Considering the talent of the running backs available in free agency, I full expect the Cards to upgrade at that position. Arrington, IMO, could be utilized as a change of pace speed back who is more effective in limited opportunities rather than being the guy who carries the football 20-30 times a game.

Of course, upgrading the offensive line should be a priority as well.

LOL, Arrington was a sleeper back in my fantasy draft --- but he stayed asleep.

No kidding. I was pretty salty about that draft choice. Eh, you win some, you lose some.

Boller may be a good sleeper choice. He looked like he was coming on towards the end of the season a bit. (may just have gotten lucky)

35. Tony Romo sits to pee, QB, Dallas

2005 stats – N/A

2006 outlook – This is more a knock on Drew Henson than one on Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe can't last an entire season without getting injured at this age, and Romo sits to pee is the man the Cowboys will go to as the primary backup. Trust me

40. Patrick Clayton, WR, Dallas

2005 stats – 22 receptions, 341 yards, 2 touchdowns

2006 outlook – Had a great start to 2005 before losing half the season to an injury. He'll be back as the Cowboys' No. 3 wideout again in 2006

Archived