Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kornheiser to do MNF if Michaels quits?

hail2skins

that would put the final nail in the coffin of me watching MNF with the volume on.

Agreed. We'd have to listen to him blabber on about old time radio, TV shows nobody watches and how he doesn't really watch sports and goes to bed at 9PM WHILE TRYING TO WATCH MNF. I started a thread about my dislike of the TK show some time ago and got crushed by the Mr. Tony fans

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131392

Totally agree! Why is 980 punishing us by putting him on for

4 hours every morning? His show consist of talking about

what he ate, saw at the movies, etc, etc, and every other

word out of his mouth is WILBON this and WILBON that...

I think he has a hard on for that guy. THEN when they try

to give us the actual SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS he always

interrupts them...

Yall are a bunch of haters with no sense of humor, he is on 4 hours because he is the number 1 rated show in the time period. I for one would rather here his rant than hear some idiotic radio personality talk about the backup center fielder for the Nats. This guy would be great on TV, and most of yall are the wannabe anti-establishment who hates a member of the media no matter who he is. TK is the man

Guest ComebackKing

I also heard that Michaels might want to go to NBC and stick with Madden but they don't have enough money to offer Michaels. If Michaels does leave ABC/ESPN and doesn't do the booth stuff with ESPN or whatever Tony would probably be a cool fit.

Yall are a bunch of haters with no sense of humor, he is on 4 hours because he is the number 1 rated show in the time period. I for one would rather here his rant than hear some idiotic radio personality talk about the backup center fielder for the Nats. This guy would be great on TV, and most of yall are the wannabe anti-establishment who hates a member of the media no matter who he is. TK is the man

Well, glad to see who defines sense of humor. I personally hate his show. I like him on PTI, but I can't stand him on his radio show. He whines, talks about stuff in his personal life, talks about HIS DOG, his man-wife, Wilbon, etc...

I am one to say, if you don't like it, don't listen...but it is on the only "sportstalk" station in town.

I don't know what you are talking about with the anti-establishment thing. I don't know how this possibly relates. I don't hate every member of the media. I hate Kornheiser. He is a whining little, well, nevermind.

But I just wish he were on a different station. That's all. I want sportstalk, not reality radio with the most boring person in the world!

I will refrain from blasting you back, even though you felt it necessary to classify me without knowing anything about me.

Tony would not go because he doesn't fly.

what you just aid is directly out of the washington post. what tony k. said was..... people know that i dont like flying and i go to bed at 9:00...but if the oppertunity came around who would turn that position down

(in semi different words) :applause:

1) I've been catching Dan Patrick on the radio, and I've liked him.

2) OK, so I'm an old fogey, but is Frank Gifford still available? Maybe a one-year deal, with the original MNF theme music and so forth, to ease the transition to a new network.

3) Maybe get Theisman and Riggo in the same booth. OK, so they hate each other's guts, but Howard Cosell and Don Merideth hated each other, too. So it's certifiably "retro".

4) I'll also point out: I like Jaws on the Matchup show, but I've heard him doing preseason games in the booth, and he's nowhere near as good. Maybe he's better when he has a script, or something. Or maybe he could be the sideline guy.

Totally agree! Why is 980 punishing us by putting him on for

4 hours every morning? His show consist of talking about

what he ate, saw at the movies, etc, etc, and every other

word out of his mouth is WILBON this and WILBON that...

I think he has a hard on for that guy. THEN when they try

to give us the actual SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS he always

interrupts them...

Hello.....he is an idiotic radio personality, so I guess that you do not

mind listening to one after all. No wonder you like him, your rant of

a post makes absolutely ZERO sense "anti-establishment" WTF?

You guys are made for each other.

Tony knows enough about football to be a third guy in the booth -- you only need so many "experts" up there, anyway. As far as 980 goes, he's funny, he's local and spends plenty of time talking about Washington sports -- including the behind the scenes stuff -- and he's popular for a reason. It is a nice break sandwiched between Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick where you hear the same news over and over again.

BTW, Dan Patrick is the absolute worst! He never validates a single sports opinion, he spends half the time talking to himself, refuting some argument that he made up, and failing to disguise his resentment for half of the professional athletes.

If Tony ever leaves 980 we'll have to hear the same stuff from 7am - 3pm when DP's goes off-- it'll seem like one long show.

This isnt the same article bubba. It seems to give more info. (unless this link is in there later, but I wouldnt have seen this otherwise)

Anyway, its cool to see TK with all these offers. Ive always been a fan of his. I would like to see him on the Redskins station.

I apoligize, it was not Bubba.

tony used to be a beat reporter for the skins didn't he? i think he knows plently about the sport.

I think it is mildly amusing how many people here do not like TK Stack Money. Most talking heads ( Patrick, etc) are only as good as the news. Slow news day-- and there is no sense in listening to the show. Anthony Irwin Kornheiser talks about all issues. From the State of Union to the State of the Capitals. Sports is a big part of my life but the only section of the newspaper I read.

Tirico does basketball not football

that is completly false, hes done the espn thursday night game w/ kirk and corso for awhile and he did the penn state-fsu orange bowl this year.

I don't think tony would be that great on mnf either as play-by-play or color, but anyways i dont think he would do it....

He complains about driving further to work now that sportstalk980 moved, he is old and lazy, has plenty of money and rarely does the radio so why would he do mnf :laugh: However, I would like to see him do it and listen to his stories about it on the radio

Archived