Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fate Of Charlie Brown, Mike Nelms, other Lost Redskins?

RiggoReincarnated

I wanna know what Tydus Winans, Shar Pourdanesh, Jamel Williams, Lamont Hollinquest, and Keith Thibodeaux are doing now.

Did you pull a random media guide out to come up with those names. I do remember them all with the exception of Jamel Williams (was he a DE??)

Did you pull a random media guide out to come up with those names. I do remember them all with the exception of Jamel Williams (was he a DE??)

Absolutely not. They all came right off the top of my head. Really. :)

And no Jamel Williams was a hard-hitting strong safety (from Nebraska, I think) that I really liked. However, I think the probelm with him was that he couldn't cover...well...me.

I'm not positive on this but I seem to remember that Matt Mendenhall lives in Utah. I know he attended BYU, and for some reason I keep thinking he hosts a sports show out that way. ParkCitySkins may have some information on him.

Nothing from me on that one sorry. I've seen Jason Buck on local sports shows on ocassion, but not Mendenhall.

Nothing from me on that one sorry. I've seen Jason Buck on local sports shows on ocassion, but not Mendenhall.

Its probably my faulty memory. Its been several years since I was out your way.

Just found this:

It's one thing to lose a player to injury during camp; it's another when a perfectly healthy

player leaves. Defensive end Matt Mendenhall

started every game for the 1982 Super Bowl

champs and was expected to do the same for the

1983 team. About four weeks into camp, however,

he walked out without telling the team, returning to

his home in Utah. After giving him a week to

change his mind, the Redskins placed Mendenhall

on a non-football injury reserve list and he never

played in the NFL again

http://www.warpathnewspaper.com/issues/2004/08/08/volume_20040808_FULL-3.htm

I wonder what happened to the rest of the Smurfs Alvin Garrett and Virgil Seay????? :whoknows

Virgil Seay was my HS WR coach, got to where his ring, it was huge :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last I heard he was doing some real good things for the local community in Arlington.

I believe Brown got injured, and lost a step or two, and the Falcons cut him

Bubba I just checked the Falcons website, it says Charlie Brown played for them from 85-87 not much on why he left, but I suspect your right that he lost a step, or two.

Finally what happened to Charlie Brown.....

http://www.savannahnow.com/stories/011406/3560532.shtml

Two Savannah residents who are former NFL players have a keen interest in the outcome of today's divisional playoff game between the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks............Brown, 48, was a wide receiver in the NFL for six seasons (1982-87), three with the Redskins, followed by three for the Atlanta Falcons.

"We're going to get together and we'll get some kind of wager going," Bailey said, laughing. "I'll make him take me out to lunch if the Seahawks win."

"Lunch?" Brown said. "I'll have him take me out to dinner, not lunch. I'm going for the gusto. I want him to take me out for an expensive meal, not lunch."

It looks like Charlie is alive and well in Savannah.

charlie brown got injured b/c that girl kept moving the football when charlie went to kick it,he broke his tailbone LOL.

lolololololololololololol

lmaolmaolmaolmaolmao

rotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:wavetowel :wavetowel

Its probably my faulty memory. Its been several years since I was out your way.

Just found this:

It's one thing to lose a player to injury during camp; it's another when a perfectly healthy

player leaves. Defensive end Matt Mendenhall

started every game for the 1982 Super Bowl

champs and was expected to do the same for the

1983 team. About four weeks into camp, however,

he walked out without telling the team, returning to

his home in Utah. After giving him a week to

change his mind, the Redskins placed Mendenhall

on a non-football injury reserve list and he never

played in the NFL again

http://www.warpathnewspaper.com/issues/2004/08/08/volume_20040808_FULL-3.htm

I thought that once a player is under contract, under no circumstances can they just leave the team without having to pay back the money thats in the contract...unless the team voluntarily releases the player?

Frank Gifford's autographed game-used 1960s New York Giants jersey sold for $15,687 ranks number seven over all. Ranking in the number eight spot is a 1935 National Chicle Football Set selling for $15,510 at a Collectors Universe auction in 1997 that features a Bronco Nagurski Rookie Card. The ninth most valuable piece of football memorabilia to sell during the 20th century is Alvin Garrett's 1982 San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl Championship ring for $14,703.

I didnt know Alvin Garrett played for the 49ers. I heard he sold his Redskins Ring to a private party.

Archived