Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP:Redskins safety faces up to 46 years in jail

RDSKNFN_48

I don't think that he will see 46 years in prison either, however, i think this will do irreputable damage to a career that really has not been the smoothest to begun with. I hope that he beats the charges and learn from his mistakes and begin anew. However with the squabbles over his rookie contract, Being fined for missing a mandatory rookie symposium and this recent spitting incident he has a ton of growing up to do.

For every high profile athlete who have either not gotten time or not a whole lot of time (O.J. Simpson, Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Kobe Bryant, Michael Irvin, Allen Iverson, Randy Moss etc. etc. ) there are certainly alot of athletes who weren't established enough to beat the rap (Rae Carruth, J.R. Rider) which catagory does Sean Taylor fit in????

How many cases that go to trial are ruled in the favor of the defendant? Look it up, you might be surprised.

I would be more interested in the number of high profile cases that are awarded in favor of the defense. They are so much different than than the normal trial. I also think that Florida shoots themselves in the foot with mandatory sentencing in a case like this. The jury may think he is guilty of the charges but if the they think the resulting penalty is too harsh they could be tempted to change their minds. Sure the possible sentence shoud never affect the decision, this is human nature and things don't always go as they were planned. I think Taylor will walk based on the history of jury decision in high profile cases in Dade County.

Lay off my home state buddy! :D

NY is nothing to brag about either: ;)

http://wcbs880.com/nynews/NY--ChildDeath-Law-on/resources_news_html

"The proposal is named after Nixzmary Brown, found dead in her home on Jan. 11. Authorities said the girl was bound and held captive before her stepfather Cesar Rodriguez killed her with a blow to the head.

He noted that Rodriguez, if convicted, could serve as little as 15 years behind bars for the crime."

I'd argue with you on the NY thing, but....

my area elected Hillary Clinton :doh:

Yeah he'll get 46 years for threatening people with a gun. I think after he's found not guilty (or at the maximum given a suspended sentence), the ADA should be disbarred for wasting resources on this stupid thinly-veiled publicity stunt.

Funny how murderers dont even get threatened with that amount of time. Makes you wonder?

For every high profile athlete who have either not gotten time or not a whole lot of time (O.J. Simpson, Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Kobe Bryant, Michael Irvin, Allen Iverson, Randy Moss etc. etc. ) there are certainly alot of athletes who weren't established enough to beat the rap (Rae Carruth, J.R. Rider) which catagory does Sean Taylor fit in????

Hey thats kinda like this web site if you're an established poster you can get away with murder, but if you're post count is low look out you're going up the river. :laugh:

I would be more interested in the number of high profile cases that are awarded in favor of the defense. They are so much different than than the normal trial. I also think that Florida shoots themselves in the foot with mandatory sentencing in a case like this. The jury may think he is guilty of the charges but if the they think the resulting penalty is too harsh they could be tempted to change their minds. Sure the possible sentence shoud never affect the decision, this is human nature and things don't always go as they were planned. I think Taylor will walk based on the history of jury decision in high profile cases in Dade County.

Well. Those are some good points you bring up.

Increasing the number charges helps the prosecutor get a plea, hopefully to a non-jail charge. These agg assualt charges can be very difficult to prove - no shots fired therefore no casings or residue to corrobarate alleged victims' tesimony. Also, I forgot, isn't the speedy trial rule 180 days and therefore couldn't Taylor get the new charges dismissed?

Anything can happen in a court of law.

Just don't be surprised if he's found guilty.:( That would really suck.

I wonder what the media coverage of this has been down in FL?

Is the DA making a real big deal out of this case? Are they always holding news conferences? Any replies from you FL people would help.

Regardless of how strict Florida laws are, sending someone with no criminal record to jail for 46 years for threatening someone is absurd. And it won't happen. This is what lawyers are paid for. I won't be surprised if the lawyer tries to get a change of venue.

If they sentence a convicted child molester to 60 days in jail (this is a fact and a sad one at that) and turn around and send taylor to Jail for more than that if convicted all hell will break loose because unfortunatley the justice system in Florida just plain sucks.

If they sentence a convicted child molester to 60 days in jail (this is a fact and a sad one at that) and turn around and send taylor to Jail for more than that if convicted all hell will break loose because unfortunatley the justice system in Florida just plain sucks.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO13344/

Talk about back tracking. At least the "right thing" was finally done.

Funny how murderers dont even get threatened with that amount of time. Makes you wonder?

Exactly what I thought. I kno that athletes seem to get special treatment when it comes to the law. But there is no reason why you should be in jail for nearly 50 yrs for threatening someone with a gun, and then punching them.

It makes absolutely no sense. Like you said, you get half that time for murder.

Taylor going to jail? Get real. If he does any time, it will be of the weekend variety, and conveniently will be over before next season.

This is America. Taylor is football star. No one got hurt.

All he has to to do is shell out the money and start getting ready for next season.

Yeah he'll get 46 years for threatening people with a gun. I think after he's found not guilty (or at the maximum given a suspended sentence), the ADA should be disbarred for wasting resources on this stupid thinly-veiled publicity stunt.

My thoughts exactly.

There's no proof, there's no gun and the alleged witness are crack smoking thugs.

Not Guilty!

Hail!:point2sky

seanT.jpg

Who are the witnesses? Do they have any criminal records? I see the defense team destroying the credibility of the witnesses leading to a plea bargin. The bargin being the prosecution dropping the 3 felony counts and Taylor pleading guilty to the misdeamenor charge. Because this is his first offense, he is placed on probation and does no jail time.

Archived