Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP:Redskins safety faces up to 46 years in jail

RDSKNFN_48

Who actually serves 46 years with no hard evidence and no injuries. :rolleyes:

If OJ can kill his wife, Ray Lewis murder someone, and Jamal Lewis sell crack and get off, then Taylor more than likely will get off. Look at Kobe Bryant. They said if convicted he could spend 60 yards in prison. I think he just had 81 the other night. :rolleyes:

This will never happen. I believe the prosecuters are trying to get Taylor and his attorney to plea bargain as these cases normally never make it to trial. I feel they do not have enough evidence to convict.

However, if Taylor does plea bargain he will most likely also get a suspension from the league up to 4 games.

Number one, he'll never come close to seeing 46 years, even if he's found guilty of one or more charges.

Number two, if he's found guilty, then he deserves what he gets. Redskin or not, you break the law, you face the charges.

Riggo, I don't know how you figure he is being treated unfairly. The trial hasn't even begun. Just because you're his number one fan does not mean that he is being treated unfairly based upon the color of his skin. And if you don't think that he is being treated unfairly, and just hoping that he will get off because of a misinformed jury, well then, that's just morally reprehensible.

Agree, no one has a clue of what the evidence is, and it is strange there are more counts now.

If he gets one conviction then he is in jail for 3 years.

This will never happen. I believe the prosecuters are trying to get Taylor and his attorney to plea bargain as these cases normally never make it to trial. I feel they do not have enough evidence to convict.

However, if Taylor does plea bargain he will most likely also get a suspension from the league up to 4 games.

This is a felony charge right? If so I think he would get more then 4 games, maybe 6?? I agree no matter what he will be suspended.

Exactly what I thought. I kno that athletes seem to get special treatment when it comes to the law. But there is no reason why you should be in jail for nearly 50 yrs for threatening someone with a gun, and then punching them.

It makes absolutely no sense. Like you said, you get half that time for murder.

The reason it is that much time is because it's three counts. Allegedly he threatened THREE people with a gun, not one. If he only threatened one person, he would face a 15 yr maximum, which is less than anyone would get for murder.

Conversely, if a person was charged with THREE counts of murder, he'd be looking at 3 life sentences easily, and probably the death penalty.

It actually makes sense if you look at the charges

They are being charged too I'm sure... you just wont hear about it because they don't play in the NFL.

They shot the car of someone who does play in the NFL, and what happens to them has a lot to do with what happens to Sean Taylor. You don't have to be in the NFL to get your name in the news.

Last I heard, they were waiting for Sean's trial to be over before they do anything to those guys. They wouldn't want to damage the credibility of their star witnesses.

I highly doubt he will spend time in jail. He's a celebrity, he has money...we live in America, those things count. Look at Simpson, there were so many flaws in that case, and he got off.

Like a bunch of ya'll said it really depends on the jury.

And do any of you know where I can find a "Free Sean Taylor" shirt cause I want one. :D

Archived