Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:More Charges Filed Against Redskins' Taylor

Love_Them_Dirtbags

I would. 3 years for brandishing a weapon, fine, I think that MIGHT be reasonable. But threatening with 46 years? Convicted murderers get less time than that. :doh:

true that, a convicted murderer can be out after like 20 years with parole, I think ST will end up getting probation, or if he gets time, itll be during the offseason, they are just trying to add things to make him serve at least some time.

You can't get 46 years in prison in this country for waving a gun. Sorry it's impossible, it would be deemed excessive and appealed. If he did do it, then he deserves something, but giving a man 46 years for that is not serving Justice in any sense of the word

Aw ****...of all states to do that in...dammit, i hope he gets off.

The sad thing is that if he would have been in Ashburn at the time, doing the off-season workouts with the rest of the team, this wouldn't be happening. Hopefully he's found not-guilty, we need him next year if we're going to make a run at the Superbowl.

Exactly! IF this was a Cowboy, we'd be ridiculing him and rooting for the DA!
Well I don't know about the rest of you but I don't care who is involved or if they are famous or not. A guy facing 46 years for waving a gun, is stupid. Add to that the fact that the people that fired at a house are placed on the witness stand instead of jail and I can honestly say I'd oppose this DA even if it was a cowboy on trial. This case is disgusting.

Taken soley in context of football...if he gets more than a year, he is going to fall off of the football map. (Remember, the league will give him a suspension as well.) I know that he's very young...but being out of the game for an extended period is hard to come back from and resume like nothing happened. Instincts and conditioning play a big part of that position...it'll take some time to recover.

The laws and punishment may not be fair...but in context to this forum and sport, any real time is going to make it hard for him to ever reach his potential on the field.

I'm a "Sean Taylor - Redskin's Safety" fan...he's a great player when he's on the field, no question. But his actions off the field (and sometimes on it) really make me wonder about him... The ultimate question for character is..."Would I want him dating my daughter?" And I'd have to say no.

Regardless of whether he wins or loses his court case...the Redskins defense will move on and thrive. He's 1/11th of the defense. Williams will find a way...and we have some other quality safeties.

I hate to see this happen to anyone...especially a valuable Redskin player...but either way, it isn't the end of the world.

:2cents:

I'm not worried. I hope the bullet holes in ST's house and car can be used for a self defense plea.

No, because he went and sought out these guys who he suspected stole his stuff.

Self defense necessarily requires that you had no option but to use potentially deadly force because you could not reasonably retreat to safety.

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I don't care who is involved or if they are famous or not. A guy facing 46 years for waving a gun, is stupid. Add to that the fact that the people that fired at a house are placed on the witness stand instead of jail and I can honestly say I'd oppose this DA even if it was a cowboy on trial. This case is disgusting.

Exactly. It's annoying when people try to be the anti-homer instead of just looking at the facts for what they are.

This is even more ridiculous a case than the Kobe trial. I don't like Kobe but even I thought the case was flimsy. I thought the Jamal Lewis case was also questionable - conspiring to sell drugs during a phone conversation??

Rape is extremely serious and is a terrible crime since actual harm may have been caused. Allegedly pointing a gun at some questionable characters who later shot up his car?? Come on, it should smell like a celebrity witch hunt to anyone.

Here we go with the first off season drama. Then the player moves and then we will obtain our next superstar. Next will be more drama and who fails to report for mini camp and then more drama. I can't wait. Just remember all things will be fine and dandy by kickoff. Looks like Gibbs will be putting out alot of fires this off season as well.

Leonard Little of the Rams pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter after running a red light and killing a woman with his Lincoln Navigator...had BAC of .19 at the time, almost twice the legal limit....served 90 "nights" in jail and was suspended by the NFL for 8 games.

Sean Taylor faces 46 years in jail. How many people did Sean Taylor kill?

what a great birthday present i get today, taylor in jail for up to 46 years... isn't 46 a little high for no criminal action detrimental to anyone physically? or is miami just too chocked full of cubanos ahora? todas palabras en miami es en espanol, es loco

edit: if he does get 46 years i'll be happy to point out at least 20 murderers around the country who got 20 years without parole, seriously 46?! miami is nuts! glad i dont live there

Archived