Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Show your best ink

Bonef1de

I will post a pic. I want a feather like the ones on the "X" at the top of each page of EXTREMESKINS. I will have to take my laptop to the tatoo place!!

I was in "jail" for Muscular Dystrophy yesterday. I had to raise my "bail" money.....which was actually donations.

WHICH......BTW......I AM STILL ACCEPTING.

;)

I will have to stop over in Huly's thread about you in jail and find out where to send a check. Good luck with the ink, and dont let any of your future boyfriends get their initials anywhere near your back. BTW, i think its awesome that you participate in fundraiser like that. Very admirable.

i've been contemplating the idea of getting a tattoo but there are so many things to consider. i feel like whatever you pick should have at least some kind of deeper meaning to you, something you can appreciate years from now. i don't want to get tired of it. i really like tatoos that people make in tribute/honor/memory of those close to them. where to get it is hard to decide on too. i'm thinking shoulder blade. it's hard to pick somewhere somewhat discrete, that doesn't look trashy. besides, being a girl, you don't want to pick one that will look like **** after you get pregnant. :-\

For years I refused to get a tatto. When I decided to finally go for it, I got the Redskins logo (what other choice did I have). After that it was easy to get more.

The inside of the arm hurts, but the most painful by FAR is the ribcage.....ouch!!!

I do have someone's name - it was my second and most meaningful tatto. My best friend was murdered in 1995, so I have her name on my arm. I have only had one girlfriend since who gave me a hard time about it, but if any woman can't accept she was important to me..........**** 'em.

I wish I could post the pics (technically challenged), I have some good art. The Redskins tatto is by far the best work.

Blondie, how could it be any other feather than that of the Sonny Jurgenson era Redskins' feather? Not the arrow, but the two feathers off the end?

• 2 months later...
I have a half sleeve in the works on my right arm. Its a tribal dragon on the outside of my right arm, and a graffiti dragon on the inside of my rightarm, going up into my armpit a little. Nothing too overly symbolic. Friend drew the tribal dragon for me, i got it when i was 18 in Canada... kinda spur of the moment thing. He passed on a while back, and its the only drawing of him i ever had. The graffiti dragon was done by one of my good friends who became a tatto artist's. It has a lot of negative space in the background and was done almost ten years ago. I will get pics of those up as soon as I take some.

I just got my back piece started. The same guy that did my graffiti dragon on my inner arm did my back piece. I love hyper lines and graffiti style in anything, drawings, tags, advertisements, and especially my tattoo's. I wanted a new take on something traditional. Take something old and put a new look to it kinda thing. We took a few idea's from pics in history books and he took it from there.

Im looking at two sessions of color. My next piece is gong to be a chest piece. I have a few ideas in mind but i havent made a definitive decision on what i want.

Figured Id update my last pics. I had my second five hour sesion last month, and figured Id wait until all the scabbing healed to post the progress. I hate the scabbing part, because you wanna scratch the crap out of it, but if you do, it can potentially mess your tatt up. Anyways, Ill post after my next five hour session. Only about three more to go.

Nice. I havn't started on my back yet. I aalmost have my sleeves done and my chest will be next to finish. I have an Hurbert Humphries eagle, shoulder to shoulder. I'm planning on putting battle ships on my stomach. I've got the ones drawn for mu hands, I just have to pull the trigger. I have my knuckles done, so it's not a big deal. Well, it's kind of a big deal. Some of my best friends own shops, so it's more of a getting around to it thing.

Nice. I havn't started on my back yet. I aalmost have my sleeves done and my chest will be next to finish. I have an Hurbert Humphries eagle, shoulder to shoulder. I'm planning on putting battle ships on my stomach. I've got the ones drawn for mu hands, I just have to pull the trigger. I have my knuckles done, so it's not a big deal. Well, it's kind of a big deal. Some of my best friends own shops, so it's more of a getting around to it thing.

How did your chest feel? After I finish my back I think we are starting on my chest piece. No pics Koolblue?

not the best picture...

The three rings on the tail signify my wife and kids, chose red because its my personality color. I have another small tribal dragon between my shoulder blades and a gremlin type thing on my other arm (gonna get that one covered).

dragontattoo003.jpg

How did your chest feel? After I finish my back I think we are starting on my chest piece. No pics Koolblue?

5 1/2 hours of line work? Sucked big time. I could barely stand up after wards. I'm not looking foward to finishing it, but it beats the ribs, from what I hear. So far, the worst is, for me, the ditch and inside of my arms. When I got my neck done, I had a realy bad tooth and just stopped by to talk, next thing you know that little tooth was rattling around. Took the pain off my neck though.

i've been contemplating the idea of getting a tattoo but there are so many things to consider. i feel like whatever you pick should have at least some kind of deeper meaning to you, something you can appreciate years from now. i don't want to get tired of it. i really like tatoos that people make in tribute/honor/memory of those close to them. where to get it is hard to decide on too. i'm thinking shoulder blade. it's hard to pick somewhere somewhat discrete, that doesn't look trashy. besides, being a girl, you don't want to pick one that will look like **** after you get pregnant. :-\

Anything you get now, you will eventually rethink. Wait. Also, go big and get exactly what you want and where you want it. Don't just play around with little dinky tattoos, they are forever. If you get one, dedicate yourself to it and just do it. IMO.

Anything you get now, you will eventually rethink. Wait. Also, go big and get exactly what you want and where you want it. Don't just play around with little dinky tattoos, they are forever. If you get one, dedicate yourself to it and just do it. IMO.

agreed...I got the "gremlin" thing, it was mmy first and NOT a good job...now I have to get it covered:mad: . Defintely put thought into it, take your time and check out the artists work.:2cents: :cheers: :logo:

My most painful has been the underside of the arm and spine BTW.

Thats very solid advice. :cheers:

Thats very solid advice. :cheers:
I had to learn it the hard way. I wanted a tattoo so bad when I was in fourth grade, my parents wouldn't take me for one so I carved AC/DC in my forearm. When I was about 17, my friends dad used to hang out at a shop(bikers) and when we went in, the guy would tattoo us. If I had a little money, I would get one. Later, my friend bought a machine and started to learn. I let him practice on me a few times. It paid off, because once he got very good, he owed me.

Little tattoos end up looking like bruises in a few years. They should be exactly what they are. Big beautiful pieces of art, not some little initiation or group think thing. I've been around it for a long time and know about the history and tradition. Now it's getting so big. Loads of TV shows about it, gov't regulations on the ink and 6 month internships for anybody who feels like trying it. I bartend and although it's nice more and more people are not only accepting of having a lot of tattoos, but more interested in them, the art is getting cheapened and abused.

When I was a kid and saw an old guy with a ragged out eagle or a very poorly done and faded pin up girl, I would dream about having them myself. It seems to be mostly a group think thing and a right of passage into something much less important and individual, upsetting. I try and discourage most young people from getting them. I figure the harder it is or if it viewed as much of a dedication or an art as possible, the bad work and less than full hearted artists will begin to fade away.

I'm not looking foward to finishing it, but it beats the ribs, from what I hear.

I know exactlywhat you mean. I hate long sessions in the chair because after about the four hour mark, my whole body just starts to get sore, especially when he goes from one side of my back to the other, working on different spots. Ill be happy when we can stop working on the back and move on to a whole new piece. I have two female friends that just got rib panels, they both said it hurt like hell. I think there is something very sexy about a chick with her rib panels done. You will have to post when you get some pics of your work.

Archived