Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Sighting

harryskin

I was returning to work after a doctors appointment when route that would take me back to my office was blocked by the uniformed arm of the secret service. This is because I needed to take the sidewalk that runs along the Pennsylvania Avenue side of the White House.

The reason that it was temporarily blocked was because, staying at the Blair House across the street was the President of Pakistan. He decided at 2pm that he wanted to go out and about. So a motorcade was arranged, which included about forty cars, police, motorcycles, communication vehicles, etc. And he had to take his friggin time about as well. I only, really had to wait about 30 minutes. I would have taken a different route back, but I blew out my knee and I couldn't make the trip around blockage.

That was the bad part. Suddenly I saw a familiar face coming toward me from the direction of the White House, it was Joe Gibbs, the Coach, not the dog.

I told the guy standing next to me who it was. He yelled at Joe that he was a Seahawks fan and I yelled that I was a Redskins fan. By that time he was just about to the Limo that had pulled up to pick him up. As soon as he heard me say I was a Redskins fan, he whirled around and headed back towards me saying "do you have a card that I can sign." I told him that it was alright, that I didn't need his autograph and that he had already signed tons of autographs already. But I did add that I was a member of Extremeskins.com of which he yell just before getting into the Limo "We love you guys at Extremeskins."

:logo: :logo: :logo:

I was returning to work after a doctors appointment when route that would take me back to my office was blocked by the uniformed arm of the secret service. This is because I needed to take the sidewalk that runs along the Pennsylvania Avenue side of the White House.

The reason that it was temporarily blocked was because, staying at the Blair House across the street was the President of Pakistan. He decided at 2pm that he wanted to go out and about. So a motorcade was arranged, which included about forty cars, police, motorcycles, communication vehicles, etc. And he had to take his friggin time about as well. I only, really had to wait about 30 minutes. I would have taken a different route back, but I blew out my knee and I couldn't make the trip around blockage.

That was the bad part. Suddenly I saw a familiar face coming toward me from the direction of the White House, it was Joe Gibbs, the Coach, not the dog.

I told the guy standing next to me who it was. He yelled at Joe that he was a Seahawks fan and I yelled that I was a Redskins fan. By that time he was just about to the Limo that had pulled up to pick him up. As soon as he heard me say I was a Redskins fan, he whirled around and headed back towards me saying "do you have a card that I can sign." I told him that it was alright, that I didn't need his autograph and that he had already signed tons of autographs already. But I did add that I was a member. of Extremeskins.com of which he yell just before getting into the Limo "We love you guys at Extremeskins."

Cool story. Are you sure the motorcade wasn't for the coach. :laugh:

Joe is the man when it comes to attention to the fans. My little brother went out to Redskin's Park and asked my dad if he could take his Bobby Labonte autographed Interstate batteries hat. My dad says "Joe Gibbs is too busy to be signing all those people's autographs, don't bother taking it"

A couple hours later my brother returns home with a Visor and a hoodie signed by Joe Gibbs. He stayed after for hours signing things for anyone who wanted one.

He is the epitome of class.

I told the guy standing next to me who it was. He yelled at Joe that he was a Seahawks fan and I yelled that I was a Redskins fan. By that time he was just about to the Limo that had pulled up to pick him up. As soon as he heard me say I was a Redskins fan, he whirled around and headed back towards me saying "do you have a card that I can sign." I told him that it was alright, that I didn't need his autograph and that he had already signed tons of autographs already. But I did add that I was a member of Extremeskins.com of which he yell just before getting into the Limo "We love you guys at Extremeskins."

Dick? Dick Cheney? Is that you?

I was into NHRA for a while when Joe Gibbs had a team there. Many folks don't know that he was highly successful in that sport, too. I saw him in Cory Mac's pit area one day signing autographs and just casually talking to anyone who stopped by. I had a Cruz Pedregon hat on (his Funny Car driver) and he called me over, signed my hat and thanked me for my support of his racing team. I still called him "coach" and begged him to come back to the Redskins. He is one heck of a human being.

I bet Musharaf was in town to meet Gibbs. Seriously though what a human being Joe Gibbs is. No one else does that and no other coach would be so in tune with the fans. He knows that you could take away the coaches, players, owners and media and there would still be football. If you took away the fans there would be nothing.

I actually worked with a Telecommunications company and one of our clients was the California Speedway. We were there durning race week for the Fontana 500. My job was to make sure each team had dial tone ect. So I thought, "Wouldnt it be cool to meet Joe Gibbs" Sure enough right before the race started I met him in the bathroom and told him I was a Huge Skins fan, he smiled and took me thru the security and took me into Tony Stewarts pit and gave me a picture off him during a game and signed it. Was really cool to chat with him the few minutes that I was able too.

Hail !

Archived