Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Loudest stadium in the NFL?

ceekay84

Just something i thought about...but what about Dallas....you never year about htem having a very loud stadium, yet it is one of the only stadiums with a retractable roof...if we had it like them, do you think snyder would deliberately leave the roof closed in order to make more noise?

and by they way, it's funny how they have all the groundwork to have some serious home feild advantage, but they never do!

Texas Stadium isn't that loud. It's about as loud as a fart in church.

Qwest, FedEx, and Arrowhead in that order as far as stadiums go. I think us fans at FedEx can match Qwest under the right conditions (Dallas games, playoff games, dominating performances, etc.) but they have a bit of a natural advantage. RFK was very loud, but I think having an entire section of the stadium bouncing the entire time probably made it a bit more vexing than any other home field in NFL history.

I've been on the field, where the decibels really matter, at Arrowhead, The Meadowlands, Raymond James, Edward Jones Dome, & Sun Devil.

Arrowhead was by far the loudest, followed by Raymond James & then the Meadowlands. The other two, ehh.

I've heard its Arrowhead. Its just really loud there. The first time I heard about QWest being the loudest was this year, when their team was actually decent. Also the stadium structure. Remember, RFK has a similar structure, which encloses the noise, bouncing it back on to the field. Fed Ex is really loud just because of the sheer number of people.

fed ex is loud, but the loudest is arrowhead. lincoln financial is probably the hardest to play in as an away team id say

The Linc isn't even close. The way the stadium is set up, it's easy for sound to escape. And the capacity is not very large. I would say it's middle of the road and not nearly as good of a home field advantage as the Vet was. Now THAT was a tough place to play.

As for the Meadowloands, it's actually one of the quieter stadiums in the league yet can still be a difficult place to play. Why? They have very old season ticketholders who don't make that much noise- it's a very "old school" fanbase that doesn't readily give up their tickets to younger generations. My friends who have been to the Meadowlands for 'skins games all come away equally unimpressed by the noise, yet impressed with the classiness of their fanbase. The difficulty in playing there stems from the unique weather conditions that tend to effect the games- lots of swirling wind make the passing and kicking game difficult.

Qwest seems to get really loud, louder than it should considering the design and the the fans there. I'm convinced there is something in the air in the Pacific NW that holds sound better or something. (Maybe someone with physics/sound waves knowledge can chime in). I went to the U of Washington, and Husky Stadium always got very loud, even with a track around it and an open end zone. Ask one of the players from the U who were there in 2000 when the U lost (Dorsey's only regular season loss) in Husky Stadium. False starts, fumbled snaps, etc. Dorsey couldn't hear anything. It gets very loud, (when the team is good) and makes no sense with a full track separating the stands from the field.

How loud a stadium is depends on several factors.

1) capacity

2)Design

3)fans

Lane Stadium only holds 65K and it is deafening because they have #2, and 3 going for it. FedEx clearly has an advantage in 1, and after this season they should have #3 in its favor.

I remember in years past hearing more noise from visiting Giants fans, or Philly fans...this won't be the case next year as season ticket holders won't sell of their tickets and will actually go to the games.

Put 85%-95% of the seats filled with Skins fans...and it will be very very loud in there.

FedEx Field is definantly the loudest and the largest with a capacity of 92,000, nothing else even comes close.

I have been to both and it's not even close - qwest field is far louder than FedEx. I don't know if it's the partial roof are not, but when qwest is rocking you can't even here yourself think. It was crazy. Don't FedEx is crazy 2...

Archived