Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Loudest stadium in the NFL?

ceekay84

if anyone was at the home games down the stretch, the second dallas game and the new york game, they rocked..the rows were bouncing and people were going nuts

then of course i could barely hear over myself taunting that poor father-son dallas combo in front of me who swore up and down that dallas was going to own in that game

oh and at my time at The Ohio State University i noticed that the shoe can get pretty loud as well...

something about 110,000 drunk college students....

Fed Ex has had it's moments, but considering it holds 90,000+ it's been a big disappointment IMO. I feel sorry for you youngsters who never got to experience RFK. Almost 30,000 less and blew Fed Ex away.

Hopefully, that is about to change.

Qwest was sick loud and I don't care if it is assisted by acoustics. Loud is loud, period.

So if it's so loud, then why wouldn't it rate higher than a rock concert?

Because you don't wear a football helmet to a rock concert?

I dunno, what's the popular comparison? Is it players saying it's rock-concert loud from the field? from the sidelines? Are they saying it's that loud in the stands? Then that's where that goofball shoulda been measuring.

'Hawks fan here, haven't had a chance yet to drive up to Qwest to see a game there. Sound volume isn't about how big the noise is, but how close it is. I understand Qwest was designed so fans were very close to the field (as was Safeco Field for the Mariners), but I don't have any objective field-to-seat tape measurements for different stadiums to compare.

That'd be the way to figure it. But hey, then what would people argue about? :)

Archived