Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Washington better than LaVar Arrington NOT

DaSkinzBaby

You must not have seen the San Diego game.......................Washington was getting toasted the whole game!!!!! Along with a lot of TE's I've seen him face this year!! So come on back. Do we all know who missed the tackle in that Denver game that sprung Bell to the outside, on his way into the endzone???? Watch it and see who goes flying by. Bottom line is, no one is ever going to make every tackle, so don't bash one guy for the same things that the others fall short of also.

The only thing is, is that MW gets much more of an opportunity to make plays then LA. Why?!?!?! The world may never know!!!!

Hello? Marcus was an absolute BEAST against the Chargers. If it wasn't for him we would simply have had no hope. His tipped pass? His overall clutch playmaking ability, puts him over the top. Lavar misses tackles too. How many times are we going to HEAR the excuse, "Oh well he's not healthy, if he was healthy he would be doing better." I'm tired of it, keep yourself in shape, stop doing suppliments that rip your tendons to pieces, and go LEARN THE DEFENSE WITHOUT CAUSING DISTRACTIONS. Marcus is 10 times more a leader than Lavar.

We also need a mix of system players and PLAYMAKERS. 9 system guys and 2 playmakers ST and LA are the playmakers. A healthy LA in this defense is something special I would really love to see this happen.

If you knew ANYTHING about this defense you would not have made such a dumb statement. You want ALL 11 players on defense to be system players. Because if ALL 11 players are NOT doing their job, guess what happens??? Ever heard of the phase:"Your only as strong as your weakest link"? If someone is "out of position" they are the weak link.

Next time you watch a game, if you actually watch the games, don't just follow the ball. Watch the LB's. See who is doing what. And on big running plays by the other team look to see who "got off blocks", "over pursued", was "out of position", etc.. I'm NOT saying that player is always LA, I saying if one guy doesn't follow the "system" the whole team loses out.

I can't recall any big plays this last year where Marcus was woefully out of position - like Lavar was on the big third down play in Seattle where Lavar abandoned his position and the backup rb ran for over 20 yards. Lavar was benched for awhile after that play. That's not about a bum wheel. That's just about Lavar just not being able to resist racing to where he thinks the ball is. The GW defense requires his players to stay in their positions no matter what. Trust your teammate to make the play in their position. Lavar doesn't do that. He tries to make every play. That's great is Lavar guesses right where the ball is going and isn't fooled by misdirection or playaction. That's why GW wasn't comfortable with Lavar in on 3rd downs - that's when offenses do more of those kinds of things. Look at the interception Lavar had against Tampa. He wasn't on anyone - he was just in the space he was supposed to be. He did it correctly that time.

It doesn't even matter how much Lavar is paid. He gets out of position too much. The Skins would have been a top 3-5 defense this year if their defense hadn't broken down on numerous big runs by Tiki, Larry Johnson, Ladanien, Jones, Alexander, the denver guys, and others. These ALL were on plays where guys left their designated spots on basically broken plays.

You don't remember Marcus crushing anybody? He had two of the biggest blasts in that Dallas Monday Nighter. He sets the tone, he is a vocal leader. Arrington walks around smiling. Marcus is simply the attitude of the entire defense. Give me Marcus.

Big hits are not Marcus Washington's job. His job is to stay at home and make plays. And he is exceptional at it.

Here's the thing: Lavar Arrington's contract is a big hinderance. 12 million against the cap. We could probably get a decent number 2 WR AND a replacement OLB for it. Would the OLB be as good as LA? Probably not. But Williams was able to make a fantastic defense w/o Arrington.

If LA restructures . . . well then its a different story . . .

I also don't recall him having any hits like what LA has had or is capible of having.

How about that hit on Shockey on the sideline in the Giants game at Fedex where he got flagged for unneccessary roughness when Shockey was clearly trying to turn upfield. Didn't MW knock him out of the game for a while? There's a hit for ya. Lavar may be the better athlete by a slim margin, but MW's motor just doesn't stop. He should have been in the pro bowl, maybe its because he has braces people think he's soft. He's more of a leader on the field from what I can tell.

they are two different players that play two different ways. Lavar is better in a more layed back system where he can pass rush or contain when he wants. Hes more physical and more naturally talented then marcus. MW is more a system player that works very well in schemes. They are both sick nasty and i hope we keep both of them!

lavar can have all the talent in the world but that does not mean he is a better linebacker. if he is always hurt and missing assignments ill take mw over him any day of the week. lavar lost his explosiveness last year and if he doesnt get it back he will never be the image of his old self. comparing the two over the last couple of years is crazy as mw has been 5 times the player lavar has been

Hello? Marcus was an absolute BEAST against the Chargers. If it wasn't for him we would simply have had no hope. His tipped pass? His overall clutch playmaking ability, puts him over the top. Lavar misses tackles too. How many times are we going to HEAR the excuse, "Oh well he's not healthy, if he was healthy he would be doing better." I'm tired of it, keep yourself in shape, stop doing suppliments that rip your tendons to pieces, and go LEARN THE DEFENSE WITHOUT CAUSING DISTRACTIONS. Marcus is 10 times more a leader than Lavar.

O.K., if you say so. It is a shame that we have to pit one against the other. The only real reason I do sometimes I defend Arrington is because when this team was crap he was out there busting his azz. Now that the dude gets hurt one year and have the organization basically turn on him, all of a sudden he is terrible. Maybe because I remember the days when players "wanted" to stay with an organization, and did so. Not every player would give you that. Washington is not a bad player, but from what I've seen of Arrington over the last 5 or 6 seasons, Washington has a few more miles to go before he gets my vote.

Also, I was at the San Diego game, Gates ran past Washington so many times and caught the ball it was a shame........but I understand you like who you like and nothing will change your mind.......it's cool.

I have read so many posts here bashing LA and people here thinking that MW is better than LA. Why is that? MW from what I have seen and read wasn't that highly touted in Indianapolis so why is it now he is the next Wilber Marshall? MW has 1 pro bowl compared to LA's 3. I really want to see LA at 100% and I also wonder if people will turn on MW if he gets hurt as LA has been. I also don't recall him having any hits like what LA has had or is capible of having. IMHO a healthy LA is stronger, faster and simply more gifted that MW. So please post some inteligent insight so we can discuss this.

HTTR :point2sky

MW is a smarter player, makes more plays (big and especially the little ones that go unnoticed) is better in coverage, better at getting to the QB, better leader and harder worker. Pro Bowls are populartiy contests so that doesn't mean a thing (MW got snubbed this year anyway). Need an example, think Mike Vick this year. I agree that LA is the more gifted athlete but right now we don't know if Lavar will ever be physically where he was a couple years ago again. I'm not trying to diss Lavar and I really want him to stay, but at this stage MW is the more complete and valuable player. If Lavar is fully healthy like the old days next year AND continues to work hard at fitting in the system and doing the little things right there's no reason why my mind couldn't be changed. I just think that to even compare the two you have to use LA's past seasons as the last couple (mostly due to injury) haven't been up to his usual standards.

Big hits are not Marcus Washington's job. His job is to stay at home and make plays. And he is exceptional at it.

His job is NOT to stay at home. If you know anything about football, and a LB position, his job as the Sam LB, (also known as the Strong side LB) he is to stay with the TE, if the TE goes out on a pattern then he is to follow him, unless they are playing some kind of zone coverage. Come on people, know what we are saying here. The Weakside LB is the one who most of the time can get cought out of position because of the need to persue a running play. From what I see most of the time in this defense, by the way the Weak Side LB plays he is to basically take on the Guard or Tackle and have the Safety come and make the play behind him. I see this because of how far inside the WeakSide LB sets up prior to the snap of the ball.

O.K., if you say so. It is a shame that we have to pit one against the other. The only real reason I do sometimes I defend Arrington is because when this team was crap he was out there busting his azz. Now that the dude gets hurt one year and have the organization basically turn on him, all of a sudden he is terrible. Maybe because I remember the days when players "wanted" to stay with an organization, and did so. Not every player would give you that. Washington is not a bad player, but from what I've seen of Arrington over the last 5 or 6 seasons, Washington has a few more miles to go before he gets my vote.

Also, I was at the San Diego game, Gates ran past Washington so many times and caught the ball it was a shame........but I understand you like who you like and nothing will change your mind.......it's cool.

Wait a minute, Gates only had like 2 catches in regulation.

Very good points except the one telling me that I need to watch the LB's instead of the football. My point is this, isn't Ray Lewis a playmaker? Everyone gets out of position from time to time but playmakers can at times make up for it. I have seen many times LA follows the play on the other side of the field and gets in on the tackle as well. Hasn't ST also been accused of being out of position? What about the times MW was too busy dancing instead of keeping his head in the play and looking down and recovering a fumble? I also am not bashing MW he is a heck of a player but my preference in LA simple. I also am a season ticket holder so not that it means anything but I love the skins and simply think they are a better team with him than without. Plugging in system players doesn't mean alot! Isn't Warrick Holdman a system LB? look at his stats and how many times was he blocked 20 yards downfield by a WR! The KC game is one example. I know that a healthy LA we would have won at least 2 games. KC and Denver! period. So all that wants all system guys cool that's your like but me? I want a mix that have chemistry.

People here have been calling for Chris Samuels' head, calling him overrated, overpaid, etcetera, since the '04 season.

I was one of them before this season.

OOh, I see, and I kinda agree. I know for sure HE is not worth 10 million, but we all have to kinda understand that both of them were taking very high in the draft, and that's just what kinda happens. That's probably why I would almost never get a QB with the first pick. If he is a bust..............money down the toilet!!

His job is NOT to stay at home. If you know anything about football, and a LB position, his job as the Sam LB, (also known as the Strong side LB) he is to stay with the TE, if the TE goes out on a pattern then he is to follow him, unless they are playing some kind of zone coverage. Come on people, know what we are saying here. The Weakside LB is the one who most of the time can get cought out of position because of the need to persue a running play. From what I see most of the time in this defense, by the way the Weak Side LB plays he is to basically take on the Guard or Tackle and have the Safety come and make the play behind him. I see this because of how far inside the WeakSide LB sets up prior to the snap of the ball.

I think I meant that he keeps himself in the right position to help the defense.

someone needs to delete this retard's thread.

Retard? who the FU%^ do you think you are. I would like to meet you in Georgetown and we would see who the retard is when I break your jaw. All of your posts are negative to LA. I personally think he screwed your mother or took your girl (if you have one) So keep up the insults and meet me somewhere so I can knock your ass out.

Retard? who the FU%^ do you think you are. I would like to meet you in Georgetown and we would see who the retard is when I break your jaw. All of your posts are negative to LA. I personally think he screwed your mother or took your girl (if you have one) So keep up the insults and meet me somewhere so I can knock your ass out.

BRING IT

Archived