Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Washington better than LaVar Arrington NOT

DaSkinzBaby

Marcus Washington is faster than Lavar at this point. Lavar has gained alot of weight since his knee injury and it's affected his game. He can still hit, but he doesn't have that explosion behind it anymore because he no longer has the speed or agility to close in. Washington is also a better blitzer, and doesn't make as many mistakes on the field. He sheds blocks better...what does he do that ISN'T better than Arrington?

Marcus Washington is faster than Lavar at this point. Lavar has gained alot of weight since his knee injury and it's affected his game. He can still hit, but he doesn't have that explosion behind it anymore because he no longer has the speed or agility to close in. Washington is also a better blitzer, and doesn't make as many mistakes on the field. He sheds blocks better...what does he do that ISN'T better than Arrington?

I never meant for this to become a bashing MW thread. I wanted to know why people all of a sudden thought that MW was so much better than LA. We all know LA has been injured and someone even questioned the severity of his knee injury. All I know is I think LA is coming back better than before and both LA and MW will benefit and I see them both pro bowl starters next year. Offenses won't be able to block Griffin, Salevea, Washington and Arrington. Add ST into that equation THAT WILL RULE! :notworthy :2cents:

I never meant for this to become a bashing MW thread. I wanted to know why people all of a sudden thought that MW was so much better than LA. We all know LA has been injured and someone even questioned the severity of his knee injury. All I know is I think LA is coming back better than before and both LA and MW will benefit and I see them both pro bowl starters next year. Offenses won't be able to block Griffin, Salevea, Washington and Arrington. Add ST into that equation THAT WILL RULE! :notworthy :2cents:

I don't think Lavar took care of himself properly the last offseason. Although he was injured and wasn't able to do cardio, he should've been eating better to keep his weight down. Instead, he got really big and no longer has the speed or quickness he used to have. It's difficult for a player to lose that and then gain it back, he may never be the player he used to be.

I hope we retain him and he restructures, but if he never regains the ability he had before the injury then we won't be any better than he was this season.

First off, if you play football you should know lavar hasnt done crap in the past two years. The fact that you think hes even close to Marcus's level is completly wrong.

You play football still? With Pads? Where? Sign me up now.

Now for lavar, i can go on and on how he stinks in this system and has stunk it up the past years even though he made the probowl.

He is the most overrated player in the NFL the past 4 years. He would make homerun plays (knock out aikman), then he would take a few plays off and miss many assignments.

You play football, you shoud know that football is about accountabilty and team work. Lavar is not realiable to his other teammates to be in the right spot. He manages to miss assignments over and over again.

I dont hate lavar, I just hate how the past few years redskins fans thought he was god when he really was crap. Just a big body.

IF u watch anything this past year YOU and any other football player would realize how slow and out of shape lavar was this past year. You can say he was injured, but seriously how long does it take to get a knee better. Running backs in the NFL have had much worse injuries, but they are running the ball better than they ever have. (maghee, edjerin james).

Lavar was lazy these past two years didnt do any hard work, didnt participate in off season training. If he wants to stay here he needs to put in a lot of work like the rest of his team.

O.K. buddy, you know more than all of us. I still do play, and if you want I can sign you up. The only thing is, I don't know if YOUR football IQ is as good as you think Mr. Arrington's is bad!!!!!

Stay on the board, hate the players, and watch.

I have read so many posts here bashing LA and people here thinking that MW is better than LA. Why is that? MW from what I have seen and read wasn't that highly touted in Indianapolis so why is it now he is the next Wilber Marshall? MW has 1 pro bowl compared to LA's 3. I really want to see LA at 100% and I also wonder if people will turn on MW if he gets hurt as LA has been. I also don't recall him having any hits like what LA has had or is capible of having. IMHO a healthy LA is stronger, faster and simply more gifted that MW. So please post some inteligent insight so we can discuss this.

HTTR :point2sky

You included the answer in your question. MW is a smarter player on the filed. He always fills his assignments. If we were to follow your logic that the most physically gifted man is the best line backer than MW and LA would be behind Robert McCune as our #1 guy, but anybody who would claim that would need their head examined.

I wanted to know why people all of a sudden thought that MW was so much better than LA.

Well, this year, Washington has been a better LB than Lavar. Personally, while I think Lavar has been a talent, he's never quite lived up to his hype here. Mainly, I fault the revolving door at DC more than anything, since being asked to do different things every year will hamper anyone's development.

I do think that having a healthy offseason will help in giving Lavar a better season next year. It usually takes a couple of years to fully recover from a knee injury.

Jason

As long as there are several Lavar threads a day, as there have been for 1,684 days in a row, I don't care what they're about! :dunce:

Well then why waste your time posting? Besides this isn't a LaVar thread. This is a thread for members to discuss why MW is viewed as better than LA.

:2cents:

I am not going to even bother readin this thread at all just because I am tierd of people taking sides on this issue like so many others regarding this team. I will say this though and it is something all of you will have to learn to live with:

Lemar Marshall

Marcus Washington

Lavar Arrington

There is you best starting tantum of linebackers in the NFL next year! :applause:

Hail!

Well then why waste your time posting? Besides this isn't a LaVar thread. This is a thread for members to discuss why MW is viewed as better than LA.

:2cents:

Not being flip with you, but why ask why? You already know why I did it, it just bothered you a bit that I did do it and what I was implying.

Equally obviously, ALL the threads about Lavar have something to do with Lavar and members discussing Lavar ad infinitum. And in this thread, the theme is actually a turned around version of what you stated. The "NOT" at the end of the sentece, which I saw, says this is a thread about how Lavar is better, or at least "even". Hence it's more about Lavar according to the starter :D .

At any rate, I was referring to the absurd (IMO) level of fascination and rumination about All Things Lavar as a whole. And the five seconds used there, or the 2 minutes used here, are hardly an issue. It helps to vent sometimes after so much "oh, jeez, still more." I realize I am very alone in such feelings. ;)

Given your name, I understand if you may take a bit more of a reaction than I intend, but honestly, it was a heartfelt yet needling generality, not a real personal affront.

so...has anyone kept stats throughout the season on how many times each defensive player was either "not in position" or "not in the position GW's system dictates he be in"? and what decision process led to that calamatous state?

uh huh. I thought so. just random play selection. you don't have a friggin clue what the overall % is or how each player actually performed.....so cut the posturing......Janets

"I dont hate lavar, I just hate how the past few years redskins fans thought he was god when he really was crap. Just a big body."

I'm sorry Mr "I played Football" In deference to your self acclaimed expertise, it escapes me how "...he really was crap" qualifies as insider, let alone dignified, football terminology. but maybe you meant fantasy football.....non?

I think it is senseless to argue over who of our top players is better. We all are entitled to our favorites. I love them both, but Marcus Washington is my favorite player, for his attitude, enthusiasm, leadership & skills on & off the field. But if you want to debate stats this year:

POST-SEASON

Tackles: http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/TAC/2005/post

Marcus Washington: #2 (11 tackles, 5 assists)

LaVar Arrington: #15 (9 tackles, 2 assists)

Both: 1 interception. Lavar 21 yards, Marcus 13.

Fumbles recovered: Marcus: 1. LaVar: 0.

REGULAR SEASON

Sacks: http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFC/SCKS/2005/regular

Marcus Washington: 7.5 sacks, 93 tackles. (#19 in NFC).

LaVar Arrington: >#30

Tackles: http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFC/TAC/2005/regular

Marcus Washington: #21 (NFC): 93 total, 73 tackles, 20 assists, 7 PDef

LaVar Arrington: >#30

mw is a great system guy, LA probably has more physical talent. if he stays, which i hope he does, i think lavar will be closer to mw production next season.

I feel the same way. I'm also not near-sighted enough (like some of us can be at times) to know that LA caused his own demise early in the season. He made practice time & drills about him...instead of about what the coach wanted.

He was superioior @ Penn because the coaches let him do what/when he wanted. Spurrier had no backbone, nor did Norv. LA finally ran into a student/scholar of the game in JGibbs & felt that he knew what was better for the team than the coach.

On a lesser scale this is similar to all the other primadonna cases a la Iverson. He felt as long as I play well on gameday...why work hard in practice.

I applaud JG for having the integrity & the sack to enlighten LA that it's not all about him!

Arrington is a better athlete. And Jeff George has a better arm than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

True! Since when does "better" mean raw athleticism? I like LaVar, too but don't diss Marcus Washington.

Umm...please get Peyton Manning's name from beside Tom Brady's (until he beats Florida -- I mean, gets his team over the hump).

Archived