Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can the skins make it 3 in a row??

TheREALJBird

Looking back on the Redskins last 2 drafts, I think they really did a great job of evaluating talent and bringing in players that certainly made a difference (Taylor, Cooley, Rogers, Campbell not at the moment but I myself liked the pick), but the question is will we continue our draft success in april's draft? I'd like to think we will, although we do not have a 1st rounder there is a good amount of talent in this year's class(mainly defensive), and whose to say we won't work something out for a 1st this year anyways? :D

I just hope they don't do any crazy trading and get rid of a bunch of picks, such as in the first-round pick scenario that has been batted around recently. Hopefully they get a decent pick for Ramsey, and we go in and get a bunch of quality players.

I don't think we'll see any more Cooleys...that kind of value-pick is very rare and hard to duplicate. But hopefully we'll be able to get some WR and OL depth, another project QB, and of course a pass-rushing DE.

Let's hope we get good DL and OL for depth and development. I would not mind getting a stud TE first as Royal isn't the guy. Cooley made a huge impact in his first two years at a complex HB position; let's hope we can find a solid TE.

I don't think we'll see any more Cooleys...that kind of value-pick is very rare and hard to duplicate. But hopefully we'll be able to get some WR and OL depth, another project QB, and of course a pass-rushing DE.

I think that JG and Vinny Cerrato are very good at evaluating talent, so I believe that his years draft will be as successful as the last two. There are always high caliber players, such as Cooley, in the later rounds. The Patriots entire offense seems to have been built in the later rounds. Hopefully the Skins can duplicate what they have done. All it takes to be successful in the draft is a lot of homework and I think we all know that Gibbs has no problem with working hard.

Priority #1 should be a 2nd WR, then some D-line depth especially at DE. I don't think that Gibbs will want another project QB because he like veterans so much. If Ramsey is traded then I think he would rather sign a veteran free agent than draft another QB. As far as the O-line, I really don't understand the "need" for bulstering those positions. I thought that the Bugel really liked the way Molinaro has progressed and they also have Ndukwe. Does everyone really believe that they can't viable back-ups?

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in this year's draft and as far as this year goes only Carlos contributed. Too many draft picks were didn't even make the roster and were cut and failed to even make the practice squad. If Campbell pans out we will have had a pretty solid draft. I hope we do better. We have to find more Rock Cartwrights and Cooleys. We need more production in round three and below. We have actually have done better with Undrafted rookies than with lower picks.

Free agentwise we seem to be doing better, though I still think we should have gotten a pick or the Portis/Bailey trade should have been straight up. I also think we should have gotten a pick in the Coles/Moss trade.

As far as the O-line, I really don't understand the "need" for bulstering those positions. I thought that the Bugel really liked the way Molinaro has progressed and they also have Ndukwe. Does everyone really believe that they can't viable back-ups?

it's because randy thomas is probably getting closer to the end of his career. samuels and jansen are approaching 30. ray brown, if persuaded to un-retire, is ancient. cory raymer has 10 years on and is now having problems with his shoulder. casey rabach is a good center, but the 3rd string, ethan albright, has 11 years on.

we all witnessed samuels getting embarrassed by simeon rice in the playoff game. cory raymer was getting beat like a drum when he went in for ray brown against seattle. granted, he's a center playing guard, but still. it came down to that?!

that is why we need to bolster the OL

it's because randy thomas is probably getting closer to the end of his career. samuels and jansen are approaching 30. ray brown, if persuaded to un-retire, is ancient. cory raymer has 10 years on and is now having problems with his shoulder. casey rabach is a good center, but the 3rd string, ethan albright, has 11 years on.

we all witnessed samuels getting embarrassed by simeon rice in the playoff game. cory raymer was getting beat like a drum when he went in for ray brown against seattle. granted, he's a center playing guard, but still. it came down to that?!

that is why we need to bolster the OL

First off, Randy Thomas is the same age as Jansen, so he's not near the end of his career just yet. Ray Brown is definitely gone so I can see getting a back-up at guard, though as I said before, I don't know what the coaching staff actaully thinks of Molinaro, Ndukwe and the two monsters on the practice squad; Jon Alston and Jim Jones. Raymer is a more than adequate back-up at Center, not Guard. That is why he looked so bad replacing Brown in the couple of series he played in.

I also think that too many Skins fans are wrongfully on Samuels case. Last I heard was that he made the Pro Bowl for his outstanding play this year. He also plays the second most difficult position on offense (QB obviously is the hardest) going against the other teams best pass rusher. Everyone gets burned by S. Rice on occasion, that's why he currently has the most consecutive years with double digit sack totals. Samuels had Rice in check for most of the playoff game, except for the one sack he let up. Personally I think he only had two bad games out of 18 this year (the first Giants game and the first TB game). Dockery has really taken a huge step foward this season with his play and Jansen has sured up the right side with his return. If those back-up players I mentioned earlier do pan out then it seems that the O-line will be okay going into next year.

I just feel that there are other positions that need to be bolstered more going into next season than the offensive line. But, I can be alone in this assessment. :whoknows: :2cents:

Archived