Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning: Biggest choker of all time?

Westbrook36

Has Manning had five chances in the playoffs and not won the SB?

After he does that, we can probably call him the biggest choker.

I know what point you are ATTEMPTING to make but he has been in the league longer than McNabb so if he hasn't had five chances, it's because he hasn't led his team to the playoffs all those years.

Also, did you follow his college career at all, oh wise one?

I know what point you are ATTEMPTING to make but he has been in the league longer than McNabb so if he hasn't had five chances, it's because he hasn't led his team to the playoffs all those years.

Also, did you follow his college career at all, oh wise one?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh: :laugh:

I don't like either Manning. Elway choked a lot before he won a SB late in his career. Manning might get lucky some day....after all, a blind hog roots an acorn every now and then.

Just goes to show, gotta play the games in the NFL before anointing any team as one of the "best ever". What a choke job by the Colts. When they lost to the Pats, their supporters said it was because they were playing in Foxboro in the cold. Now they're at home in their dome, Manning gets his game ending INT taken away on one of the worst calls I've ever seen, and they STILL cannot pull it out.

A physical team plays against the Colts, like the Pats in past years and the Steelers this year, and the Colts can't stand it. Get someone in Manning's face, shove the Colts around, and they turtle. But at least Manning isn't an idiot, like their kicker. No one looks more ridiculous in this league than a trash talking kicker who can't even come close to making the biggest kick of his life.

Congrats to the Steelers for a good game plan and good execution, but the Colts should be embarrassed.

Just goes to show, gotta play the games in the NFL before anointing any team as one of the "best ever". What a choke job by the Colts. When they lost to the Pats, their supporters said it was because they were playing in Foxboro in the cold. Now they're at home in their dome, Manning gets his game ending INT taken away on one of the worst calls I've ever seen, and they STILL cannot pull it out.

A physical team plays against the Colts, like the Pats in past years and the Steelers this year, and the Colts can't stand it. Get someone in Manning's face, shove the Colts around, and they turtle. But at least Manning isn't an idiot, like their kicker. No one looks more ridiculous in this league than a trash talking kicker who can't even come close to making the biggest kick of his life.

Congrats to the Steelers for a good game plan and good execution, but the Colts should be embarrassed.

^^^ WHAT HE SAID ^^^

:coltsuck:

It is somewhat an unfair label for Manning. Unfair because if he wasn't so dominant and so good during the regular season, nobody would ever label him a choker.

To call him a 'choker' is simply punishment for being such a good QB during the regular season. Doesn't make sense.

That said, I think that Peyton's deficiencies as a QB are always exposed in the playoffs. He cannot make plays outside the pocket. He cannot make plays when the timing of the offense is thrown off. He cannot make plays while scrambling.

In the playoffs, this will happen. Every defense is good in the playoffs... this isn't the regular season when he gets to play the texans and titans twice a year :rolleyes:

It will happen again next year... write it down. Peyton will cruise thru the regular season again... losing a few games here and there to playoff caliber defenses... but ultimately he will win more than he loses. However, when he gets to the playoffs he will get shut down again. It is what it is... but I'm not sure I'd call him a 'choker'.

I would simply call him the best pocket passer the game has ever seen, but one of the worst at buying time and avoiding the rush and making plays when things break down.

Archived