Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis' performance in the Seahawks game

Gravityfite22

clinton stunk today point blank

today clinton just proved what we've always known to be true - it doesn't matter how great you are, when your line sucks and collapses at the snap, you can't make it out alive. nobody can run through a hole that isn't there - bottom line. the fact he managed to get the yards he did, which were completely on his own with absolutely no help, says a lot about how good he really is.

BRUNELL SUCKS!!!!!!!!! HALL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! GIBBS LOST HIS BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS YEAR WILL BE ANOTHER LETDOWN IF THE QB HAS A BIG 8 ON HIS BACK

clinton stunk today point blank

And you know what? If Carlos Rogers makes that catch hes taking it to the house, if santana moss attacks the ball like recievers are suppose to do while hes trying to catch the touchdown pass its 24 Redskins and 20 Seahawks. and if John Hall makes the 36 yard field goal its 27 Redskins and 20 Seahawks.

We could of played better, but we didnt.

no blame is put on portis, but expectations for him are way higher

he played extremely hard today blocking a DE to save a sack and almost getting killed by catching a pass by mark...i think he's met his expectations...at least for me...basically the way i see it....HE HAD NO WHERE TO RUN...it was like everytime mark handed him the ball...there were already 3 defenders on him...

I think it's wrong to blame Portis. Both Defenses were concentrating on stopping the other team's running game, and were pretty successful. You O line actually did a pretty good job most of the time of keeping the pressure off Brunell -- I think there were only one or two sacks on him.

my sentiments exactly footballguy. we could have won this game. while I'm very dissapointed and was incredibly frustrated watching the game, especially after we had key opportunities after turnovers:

1) carlos' near td return

2) miss TD after the first muffed punt

3) Brunell high throw to Moss

4) Moss dropped pass in the endzone (although it was a stretch...)

CP was hurt today, he must have been. despite the line, he stunk, wasn't quick into cuts when they were there and really didn't create any opportunities for himself. I love the guy and don't think we would have been here without him.

I would love to hire Mike Martz to fix up this Offense.

wish list for the offense:

1) hire Martz

2) get TO (haha)

3) draft a OL / pass rusher with the 2nd round pick, depending on what's available

4) retain Ramsey

today clinton just proved what we've always known to be true - it doesn't matter how great you are, when your line sucks and collapses at the snap, you can't make it out alive. nobody can run through a hole that isn't there - bottom line. the fact he managed to get the yards he did, which were completely on his own with absolutely no help, says a lot about how good he really is.

BRUNELL SUCKS!!!!!!!!! HALL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! GIBBS LOST HIS BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS YEAR WILL BE ANOTHER LETDOWN IF THE QB HAS A BIG 8 ON HIS BACK

Very strange post - well written up top - good points about Portis, then you bash Brunell, who doesn't SUCK or we wouldn't have made the playoffs. If the line is that bad, doesn't that effect him too? And give me a break, how can you cut on Gibbs?? He's the only reason that you were watching Redskins football today.

I was not sold on the trade last year...

From a avg year for a running back, and especially a huge loss at corner lossing bailey. I thought he was a denver product back... and now he's even better than he was there.

That being said. Even though he didn't get the yards today. He plays all out. He has got to be the best blocker in the league. The amount of times he stuck winstrom was amazing. The pass he through today was almost perfect. the catch he had and broke tackles for the big game (even though it was called back)

This guy was worth every penny.

Archived