Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrell Owens..is needed here.

Jermaine76

I think getting T.O. would be a good idea. I know he has behaved badly in the past, but I don't think he's going to do so again. Why? Money. He's already lost alot of money due to his antics in Philadelphia. He has to know that if he acts up again on another team he is going to lose a lot of his value. I think even though he might not want to, he will behave and be a good team player from now on.

Can we not bash the starter of this thread? absolutely no need for it. We have so many character guys on this team that I think T.O. would have no choice but to buy into Joe Gibbs' program and what hes doing around here, also keep in mind that hes gonna be coming in with a very friendly to the team contract. T.O. is a big,physical,dominant receiver which is precisely what we need to put us over the top. He has no choice but to buy into the team philosophy cause if he doesn't his career is O-V-E-R

One of the problems associated with the possibility of attaining T.O., is the fact that he is not the decent 2nd WR we need: he is a #1 receiver. We already have a number 1 guy in Santana Moss.

Ding, Ding, Ding, winning teams do not have two high profile #1 WR's. Teams either have a stable of #2's like NE or a pro-bowler and a #2, like every other team in the NFL. There are not enough footballs to go around with Moss and T.O. on the field together, ecspecally since we are a run first team.

I support the get Wayne, Lloyd, or Randle El crowd as those guys would respect being a #2 next to Moss but would recieve a pay raise over their current deals.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I'd rather have Eric Moulds because he'd be less troublesome. I have no question about Owens ability.

I am so sick and tired of this ASININE argument..........yeah lets get another career #2 receiver like Moulds or even a career #3 receiver like that over-rated Reggie Wayne.

If we have a chance to get a LEGITIMATE #1 RECEIVER, such as Owens, THEN WE SHOULD GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise he will be playing in Dallas next season while we fail to make the playoffs.

Bashing the threadstarter for his opinion is absolutely unnecessary he is entitled to say whatever is on his mind.As we all. I dont think T.O is the answer b/c we have Santana and having 2 top notch WR most likely will be troublesome.We have stars on our team and no real outta control egos, no discord in the locker room or on the field so why spoil a good thing? We definitely can benefit from his abilities and talent w/o question.But his "attitude" is a major consideration.Dennis Rodman was manageable in Dertoit when Chuck Daley was coaching and then on Chicago w/ Jackson,Jordan and Pippen my point sometimes difficult players can become teamplayers given the right situation so I wouldnt count T.O out but I'd rather go another route for another solid WR.

• 2 weeks later...
If Joe Gibbs says so, I'll grumble and pull for him.

Heck, I held my nose and pulled for Deion.

But untill St Joe speaks, then this is a stupid idea.

I did too, but neon deion jersey didn't look right..or fit right. Maybe the ball in the forehead gave him the clue, he was no redskin.

The thinking that "we're just one T.O. away from winning it all" is the exact same thinking that got the Eagles into the mess they're in now.

I agree 100 percent with you. Some guys just dont learn and I dont expect TO to listen to his next coach/teammates. We dont need him to go all the way. I'd prefer a lesser skilled player at receiver than a cancer.

I know this won't be the most popular thing to say on here, but we need Terrell Owens on the Redskins next year. We don't have a 2nd or a 3rd threat for wide receivers. Ever since Cooley scored 3 tds in the Dallas game, teams have been keying on him. Teams also know that Santana Moss is the go-to guy. So what do they do, they double team him or triple team him in some cases because they know the other two WRs aren't a threat. Think back to the days when we had Monk, Sanders and Clark. 3 WRs who are capable of getting the ball. So what does that do for the defense? That means that they have to key on three guys. At least one of them is going to be open. We just don't have that now.

Why does every Joe Shmoe (SP?) think that we need TO?

We DON'T need TO, we already have a #1 reciever, and if you think that TO will stand to be #2, you are absolutely INSANE.

Enough said.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Telling me to go to hell because I have an opinion. Another punk ass I have to deal with. Its my opinion and thats it. I didn't say it was set in stone or the holy word. I, unlike most people, don't hate T.O. I'll never hate on another brother thats trying to get paid. The way he handles things...yes a little suspect. His attitude, that can me handle and Joe Gibbs is the man to fix that issue. I want to win, period! It was a good season. yes, we made the playoffs for the 1st time since 1999. Yes...we won our 1st playoff game since 1992, but I want Super Bowl titles for this team. Anything less is unacceptable. And you have to do whatever to get that accomplished. So what if T.O. has some issues, Gibbs can fix it. For the record, am I a true Redskins fan since 1982. Don't question my loyalty again.
If T.O can cause all this havoc between fans...IMAGINE what he would do to OUR T.E.A.M.!!! He may be a player, but a team player he is NOT. :mad:

I know this won't be the most popular thing to say on here, but we need Terrell Owens on the Redskins next year. We don't have a 2nd or a 3rd threat for wide receivers. Ever since Cooley scored 3 tds in the Dallas game, teams have been keying on him. Teams also know that Santana Moss is the go-to guy. So what do they do, they double team him or triple team him in some cases because they know the other two WRs aren't a threat. Think back to the days when we had Monk, Sanders and Clark. 3 WRs who are capable of getting the ball. So what does that do for the defense? That means that they have to key on three guys. At least one of them is going to be open. We just don't have that now.

NO WAY! By week 5, he'd be tearing the team apart w/ complaints about something. Remember, our priority is 1) Character, 2) Intellegence, 3) ability. TO clearly funks prong 1.

If the first words out of his mouth are "My name is TO and I'm an idiot" followed by "I can't wait to go through Coach Gibbs' 12-step Redskins indoctrination program" then I would definitely consider it.

Like every friend of Bill W. he's got to be willing to admit he's got a BIG problem. So far I haven't seen any indication of that.

Denver thinks they'll get him.(according to the Denver Post today and yesterday) If so, he'll win them a SB then destroy the team. I'm sure there are plenty of teams willing to gamble on him. That's the whole problem with the NFL. The owners should just unite and ignor him. Then future problems will be less likely to occur with other troublsome players. But that will never happen. There's always someone who thinks they can control an attitude like his.

My Opinion

Archived