Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrell Owens..is needed here.

Jermaine76

I read the title of the thread and the first post. TO is NOT needed here. We don't need HIM or his ATTITUDE infecting the rest of the team. We need Moss and one decent #2 reciever....that, combined with Portis and Cooley should do the job. I also don't think Gibbs would ever want a personality like Owens, although I'm sure he would like a receiver with his ability....unfortunately, they both come in one package.

Um, yes it is. It's our biggest problem, our 2nd biggest problem, and our 3rd biggest problem. Um, um, um.

I totally agree with you. Without another wide reciever, we have no real offense.

As good as T.O. may be, he's already tore 2 teams apart. The only 2 teams he ever been on! He's not a Joe Gibbs kind of guy, and Coach will NOT stand for him being on this team. Besides, he's getting too old to be of any importance past 1 year anyhow. He's already in his 30s.

Would T.O. be beneficial to our team? Well, that would depend SOLELY on T.O. I am a fan of his ability (no one can deny him his talent). However, I am NOT a fan of his attitude!

If you look at Washington, you will see a very selfless team. Even our Coach embodies selflessness. When the team does great, Gibbs praises his team giving them the credit. When we fail at our achieved goal, Gibbs steps up and take the blame. To me, this is a sign of a LEGENDARY coach. His players respect him for his style and talent, and thusfore encourages them to play to their best ability.

Now, imagine a receiver coming in with a completely opposite mentality. Would a selfish attitude and condescending karma benefit the "TEAM"? Absolutely not! It would destroy the solidity of our team and trust that they have for one another. However, on the flip side. If T.O. were able to deflate his ego ever so slightly, his talent could most definitely be beneficial to this team.

I do agree that we should NOT under ANY circumstance allow him to go to Dallas! That would be ROUGH!

And poo to you too for the 'beating a dead horse' pic. That was rude! Just because you have been here for fifty years and know about every single issue that has ever been raised here... Doesn't mean we have all seen it all or debated it all. Give us a break! There has been an enormous increase in the number of new members as of late... Or have you not noticed? Well, anyway, perhaps they were not a part of such debates when you were. Like the mods say... If you aren't interested in the topic... They DON'T click on the thread? Unless of course you just want to be an ***! *smirks* -Said with much love, SR-

-Misty-

After this great season someone has to go and make a thread about T.O.??? This is ridiculous and should not even be mentioned, you see the direction the team is taking now, that would 180 with him on the team, we go for a WR via FA or draft and i'm sure everyone agrees with me on that one, or at least everyone logical

dude, go to hell, go directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200. If you love T.O., you're as big an idiot as Mr. Snyder. no true fan would wan't that sorry piece of s*it here. it's people like you who were happy instead of ashamed when we got Deion. Go away, T.O. is unwanted, and not needed now or EVER.

Telling me to go to hell because I have an opinion. Another punk ass I have to deal with. Its my opinion and thats it. I didn't say it was set in stone or the holy word. I, unlike most people, don't hate T.O. I'll never hate on another brother thats trying to get paid. The way he handles things...yes a little suspect. His attitude, that can me handle and Joe Gibbs is the man to fix that issue. I want to win, period! It was a good season. yes, we made the playoffs for the 1st time since 1999. Yes...we won our 1st playoff game since 1992, but I want Super Bowl titles for this team. Anything less is unacceptable. And you have to do whatever to get that accomplished. So what if T.O. has some issues, Gibbs can fix it. For the record, am I a true Redskins fan since 1982. Don't question my loyalty again.

I know this won't be the most popular thing to say on here, but we need Terrell Owens on the Redskins next year. We don't have a 2nd or a 3rd threat for wide receivers. Ever since Cooley scored 3 tds in the Dallas game, teams have been keying on him. Teams also know that Santana Moss is the go-to guy. So what do they do, they double team him or triple team him in some cases because they know the other two WRs aren't a threat. Think back to the days when we had Monk, Sanders and Clark. 3 WRs who are capable of getting the ball. So what does that do for the defense? That means that they have to key on three guys. At least one of them is going to be open. We just don't have that now.

I'm hoping you guys get T.O.;)

I also don't think he will go to a divisional foe. Look at the 'Boys. Keyshawn and TO lmao ya right. Look at the Giants. Amani Toomer and Plaxico haha. So, I don't think he will end up on an NFC East team. I hope we don't get him. I promise you, he will be good his first 2 years maybe. After that, he'll whine for the ball and cause chaos. If we signed him to a 1 or 2 yr contract, I may be fine with it. Gibbs would have to give him a talk first. Won't happen though, because TO will want a long term contract.

*chuckles* This is a contreversial topic... There are good and bad surrounding T.O.

Those who do not acknowledge his talent speak with a biased opinion. And since we are throwing those around... Would that make you guys any different than the sports announcers this year? They dogged the Skins all year long and never acknowledged our talent!

For those of you who DO acknowledge T.O.'s talent, but think his attitude (amongst other things) sucks... You are being unbiased, and more people will respect your opinion even if you say "ABSOLUTELY - NO WAY!" or "This is something to consider."

Now... I don't think we "NEED" T.O., but we do need another receiver with this level of skill, and a passion to win. However, ANYONE that we get this next season... Might as well check any attitude they may have at the door, because this team cannot afford to NOT be a team! This is the one thing Gibbs is so successful in creating... A TEAM!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

I just saw T.O. on the Boost Mobile commercial... hahaha. desperate for some attention?

Attention? How about the Paycheck. T.O. got paid, probably really well, for that. If he didn't say stupid things he would be great. The man can play well. He is getting old, but he is good for another two years or so. He just talks to much. The Eagles didn't fall apart because of T.O. though. It was a team effort. They had alot of injuries and they could not come together this year. I don't care whether T.O. is in Washington or not because he like every other player wants the same thing in the end, to come out on top in the Super Bowl.

Terrell is easily one of the top 5 most dominant receivers in the league. He is also the only dominant receiver available. While there are many people who feel he will tear appart our team chemistry, I feel both Terrell and the Skins could benefit from joining forces.

First, If we sign Terrell the immediate impact is that the Cowboys and Giants don't land him. Let's face it, whoever gets him will benefit greatly the first year as long as the team is contending for a championship.

Second, while the Eagles were unsuccessful in "changing T.O.", there isn't anybody in that organization that I would consider as a motivator or role model. Andy Reid will never be compared to Joe Gibbs in terms of a leader. Donovan isn't even considered a leader in some circles of his own team. I believe if anybody/team could reach out to Terrell and help him become a character guy both on and off the field it's the skins.

Third, offer him a contract based heavily on incentives. Not necessarily on-field incentives, but off-field incentives (if that's allowed). For instance, if there is no negative press from week to week then bonus money is released accordingly.

Finally, while I'd like to see Terrell on the skins, let's not put all of our eggs in one basket. We should still try to land another productive receiver besides him. That way if things don't work out, we can cut our losses and still have a decent receiving corp.

I'm excited about next year. As long as the Giants or Cowboys don't sign Terrell, I think we'll be the team to beat in the East. I'm anxious to see who we resign/draft and pick up in free agency. It will be interesting to see how our QB situation plays out. I think there is a lot of value for PR with so many teams needing QB's. However, my gut feeling is that PR starts next yr - Brunell backs up and Campbell keeps developing.

Hail To The Skins.

Plain and Simple: JUST SAY NO! FORGET T.O.!

We DO NOT need him here. He is a distraction. When players become a distraction in Gibbs' locker room (even high profile players) they don't play (see L.Arrington).

Why waste money on a player that will most likely take away from the team more than he adds (see S.F. & Philly)?

We should be aggressive with Reggie Wayne.

Why?

1. Free Agent

2. Has played in a winning franchise

3. Has #1 WR ability

4. Possesses the height that our WR corps so desperately needs.

5. He's boys and former Miami teamate of Santana/C.P. and Sean.

With some O-Line work, this team will have home field advantage throughout the 2006 playoffs. (Corey Raymer???....that's for a different thread)

Archived