Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrell Owens..is needed here.

Jermaine76

The thinking that "we're just one T.O. away from winning it all" is the exact same thinking that got the Eagles into the mess they're in now.

You're right on the money with this one. We are on the verge of something here and we've got the Eagles to learn from. Thinking that "things will be different here" is dangerous. The Skins are so close -- I couldn't bear to watch them mess that up!

If Gibss and the front office say yes, then I'll trust him. Yes he's a problem, but he is aging and if he wants to win as bad as he says and comes to the skins, then he'll have to except being the #2 even if he wasnt in the past. If he sees differently...BYE BYE.

TO was not the cancer on the Iggles. It was Mcnabb and a classless organization which wont recognize the 4th player to ever get 100 receiving tds.

You are joking right????? As much as I dislike the Eagles as an opponent- it is difficult to harbor hatred towards class acts like McNabb and Andy Reid.

During that whole TO fiasco- I actually felt bad for Andy Reid because I respect the man. TO is just about the most despicable person I can think of. I think I hate him even more than Michael Irvin. At least Michael Irvin possesses some charm (even if he has the IQ of a doorknob)

How can you even BEGIN to say that the Eagles organization was the cause of all the issues this year? Don't get me wrong- I was happy to see it happen to the Eagles- but TO is a disgrace, a crybaby, a terrible teammate and person. I personally cannot wait until his skills erode so that we don't have to hear from him ever again. And I hope he has a horrible year this year wherever he ends up- AND HE WILL NOT END UP IN D.C. I would find it impossible to root for him... I mean that.

First of all, having 2 top WRs is great - look at the Colts, Cardinals, Rams, etc. Not only is it not a bad thing, but two 1000+ WRs is what you should try to get if you can. The extra catches will come for the other WR in the form of longer drives.

The top passing offenses had like 70 to 100 more completions than us. If we had 2 top WRs, they would get their catches. What a nice problem to have - too many good WRs to distribute the ball around to. I'd take that any day over what we have now.

Two words - The Posse. Enough said.

Secondly, another problem with TO is that he is 32 years old. You'd have to think that he is not a long term solution, even if he is in great shape. If that is the kind of WR you want, then I'd rather try to get Isaac Bruce, Jimmy Smith or maybe Eric Moulds. Isaac Bruce knows the Saunders offense from his days with the Rams, and Jimmy Smith has the great chemistry with Mark Brunell.

They aren't quite at the level of TO, but they won't be as much trouble. TO is not worth the extra risk over those guys.

No to T.O.

The bloke's a talent but not a team player.

Redskins seem to be set up all around the team concept (ie, greater than the sum of its parts), T.O. is not that kinda guy imo.

Would set us back rather than forward after his honeymoon period.

If you think TO would put up with TO's crap for one second, you're crazy. I believe we either need to get TO or somebody TO-like, in that they are such a huge factore in the passing game that he opens up the rest of the offense taking double teams. You can't double moss, cooley, TO, and keep 8 in the box to stop Portis. Put a clause in his contract where he has to STFU, and it'll work. I'm telling you it'll work.

If not TO, we should go after Reggie Wayne. We have to get somebody to put the fear of God in the opposing defense, or our offense will never work the way Gibbs wants it. It'll never work the way we wish it did like back in the day.

Getting TO would be extremely beneficial to the 'Skins offense. I think that we would be virtually unstoppable! I totally agree with this statement. Take a chance Gibbs!! I like Reggie Wayne also, but telling the honest to God truth, TO can change the whole outlook of a game for whatever team that he's playing for.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:seahawksu

Terrell Owens is a great individual talent, but is not a team player by any means. Just the fact that Santana and Portis would probably make more money than him would instantly create problems in his mind. The great Redskins teams of the past never had one or two marquee names and a bunch of other no-names. They always had solid players at every position working towards a common goal. There is no room on the Redskins for egomaniacs. TO is a no-fitter.

We need TO like I need a hooker right now. It's a nice idea, but it's certainly not necessary. Not to mention what people would say when they found out.
AW YES...let's worry about what other's would say...I've heard an awful lot of people say he should go to Dallas, and more recently the Bronco's....WELL let them say where he is going and let us keep saying..."hell no to t.o" :2cents:

Archived