Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB situation for 2006

Truant

Get rid of brunell, keep ramsey as backup and use cambell. Brunells injury affected him at the end of the season, as many experts said he couldnt keep it up the whole year. Please look at the stats and the games before you get mad at me, he mad horrible passes and did very little in the last 3 games of the season. There were many passes myself and friends saw during the games where he was throwing the ball 5-10 ft above or to the left/right of the intended reciever (without a tip). His age has gotten to him now, and its just fact not opinion.

I mean absolutely no disrepect to brunell he lead us to a great season this year and kudos to him. However, thats not a reason to keep him on and hurt this team in the long run.

Who cares if we lost this game or the score, this was a great team and great season. P.S. this is coming from someone who bet $100 on the us to win.

Why not let him wing it all game?

when the game was put on the shoulders of our big 3(brunell, cooley, moss) in the passing game we looked like we had an offense..

If we would have went to this offensive set earlier we win

I said that early on. The problem was the OL it killed us today. For those that think Ramsey would have done better do not understand football.

We are building something special, this experience will be the key to next year.

I agree, BS cowardice play calling all first half. No balls at all. Our O line sucks bad, but not as bad as our secondary, guess that's why they wanted to go ball control.

We need another wide reciever, a legitimate successor at QB, and another quality lineman.

I agree. But it isn't because he is a bad QB, he's just too fragile now and also injured in some way. It's showed in his numerous high passes over the last 3 weeks, namely the 3rd and 4 to Moss in the 4th. Everyone said to keep Novak because Hall wasn't healthy enough yet, and again, he proved that to be true.

I'm still happy as to where we got this season because it was a huge step in the right direction. Put in Campbell, pick up a new 2nd WR(or hopefully Patten is healthy by then), and we'll be good to go.

Also, we just played back today to lose, Seattle did not play that well. I forsee them getting smashed next week whoever they play. GG either way to Seattle fans.

You need to wake up... we wouldn't have been in the playoffs without Brunell. They guy played as well as he could.... and his veteran experience and leadership got us to the divisional round of the playoffs.... something NO ONE thought he or the team could do.

This offseason we've got to take a look at what we've got at QB. Do we trade Ramsey, is Campbell ready to compete for the starting job? Does Brunell have one more year in him? Can he be relied upon to be a capable backup? Many questions... ones I'm quite sure Gibbs and Co. are thinking about.

i agree big time. Lets face it, brunell plays not to make mistakes but at some time of the game, we need a QB that can make big plays especially when we are down like today. Also, brunell is pretty much at the end of the road. with that said, Gibbs probably will still stick with brunell for at least one more yr.

i think that brunell is done for next year and i think that campbell will be our starter for next year. but then you have to look itno playing time. and if gibbs wants to have another year where we make it to the playoffs, then he should stick with ramsey. but for a building block we should stick wtih campbell. then with campbell starting next year so he can get alot of playing time we will be at the top in 2 years. but gibbs knows what hes doing.

Archived