Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB situation for 2006

Truant

The offensive line is a huge problem, yes. Samuels isn't worth what he's paid...not to say that he isn't an above average lineman, he simply isn't a dominant lineman and hence isn't worth what he takes up in cap space. The loss of Thomas was glaring as well. But anyone who is willing to absolve Brunell of any responsibility has blinders on. Watch the TD catch that Moss made over again. He was open in the end zone with 2 defenders in front of him, and that pass was short and was fortunately defelected into his arms. This has been an ongoing problem the last 3 games in a row, and anyone that has been watching football long enough should know when a 35 year old simply doesn't have enough in the tank anymore to lead a team through a full season.

You need to wake up... we wouldn't have been in the playoffs without Brunell. They guy played as well as he could.... and his veteran experience and leadership got us to the divisional round of the playoffs.... something NO ONE thought he or the team could do.

This offseason we've got to take a look at what we've got at QB. Do we trade Ramsey, is Campbell ready to compete for the starting job? Does Brunell have one more year in him? Can he be relied upon to be a capable backup? Many questions... ones I'm quite sure Gibbs and Co. are thinking about.

Mark will be back, Ramsey will be gone.

Next year is our chance for the superbowl. Gibbs is not going to want a rookie being QB.

When Gibbs steps down will you see a new starter, until then it will be Mark.

I hope Brunell retires. Those who think he should continue must be blind. YEs, he had only 1 receiver, yes, his line was spotty at times. But his body is breaking down and he is no longer able to be an effective QB over an entire football season.

i agree big time. Lets face it, brunell plays not to make mistakes but at some time of the game, we need a QB that can make big plays especially when we are down like today. Also, brunell is pretty much at the end of the road. with that said, Gibbs probably will still stick with brunell for at least one more yr.

He sticks with 8 for another year and it will be brutal. Time is NOT on his side

I hope Brunell retires. Those who think he should continue must be blind. YEs, he had only 1 receiver, yes, his line was spotty at times. But his body is breaking down and he is no longer able to be an effective QB over an entire football season.

so how many games did he miss this yea???

I agree on that aswell, we played poorly today. This was one of our worst defensive games but a big reason for that is all of the 3 and outs and the season fatigue. Im not mad at seattle, but I truly believe that they will get torn up by the winner of the panther/bear game.

WRONG, the only good game brunell had in the last 10 was against dallas, portis was the reason we were in the playoffs, wake up and smell the coffee. brunell is good for 6 games at best, not enough in a 16 game season

You need to wake up... we wouldn't have been in the playoffs without Brunell. They guy played as well as he could.... and his veteran experience and leadership got us to the divisional round of the playoffs.... something NO ONE thought he or the team could do.

This offseason we've got to take a look at what we've got at QB. Do we trade Ramsey, is Campbell ready to compete for the starting job? Does Brunell have one more year in him? Can he be relied upon to be a capable backup? Many questions... ones I'm quite sure Gibbs and Co. are thinking about.

Brunell Is Not A Starter My God Please See That He Hurts Us More Than He Helps Us. If You Cant See That You Are #$^!&%#$. He Is Done. I Have Said It He Is Not As Good As Our Receivers. The Catches They Made Made Were B/c Of Great Ability Not Brunell

How can you continue to defend brunell being starter for this team. Am I the only one seeing the passes flying 5 ft over mosses head in the endzone or 10 feet out of bounds to moss in the 3rd quarter. I know the Oline had problems tonite but they have absolutely nothing to do with the acurracy of his arm.

I said that early on. The problem was the OL it killed us today. For those that think Ramsey would have done better do not understand football.

We are building something special, this experience will be the key to next year.

as far as the OL goes, i was saying that in the first quarter and i didn't see much change...they tell me that when you find yuorself being in agreement with jbooma...you're in trouble ;)

what do i do now :laugh:

we went one or two steps further than I had any right to expect this year, plus had some binuses thrown in like the dallas sweep and CP & Moss' record settings..and for me it was great...thank god I enjoyed it and had all that fun instead of pissing and moaning through the whole experience

Look at the stats, he had 200 yards in the second half, while running for his life :doh:

The decision making looked pretty bad though, second half includd, and Moss is to thank that we even got a touchdown.

Brunell did have a nice pass at the end and a few other ones, but he blew a few drives, like with the pathetic grounding.

I'm sorry but we wouldn't have made it to the playoffs without our defense.Did you guys watch the same game last week in Tampa? 25 yards passing=pathetic.If the defense didn't play well we would be home watching a game between Tampa Bay and Seattle.But you know what I'm proud we made it this far.

Archived