Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB situation for 2006

Truant

Depends on how well that Campbell progresses in the off-season and in training camp. I honestly believe he will get a shot to win the starting job during pre-season. If he's ready, he's ready... If not, sit one more year and continue to learn. Brunell can lead this team for one more year, but that's about all he has left in the tank. I was really surprised he made it through this season without a significant injury. One thing is that Gibbs is going to have to give Campbell some time against 1st string defenses in pre-season games instead of having him play 2nd & 3rd stringers

Yea, thats what I would want. Put Campbell in for the preseason, brunell is ok because he makes his money on his decisions. You cant underestimate the offense if he had a legit #2 WR, so I dont think you can say now to sit brunell.

Brunell can still work some magic. He had at least 10 amazing plays this year. The 25 yard run, 2 TDs to santana, a few more 3 and long runs, long pass to santana in TB the first time when he was running to his right.

This guy still has it, or some of 'it'. We need jason to be ready to go in at an time, but if brunell is efficient and makes good decisions which does not take a great physical playmaking QB, he will thrive just like this year.

He gave us a chance this year and thats all I could have asked for, and we owe it to him to give him a chance next year. Maybe fate will play into it anyway, either way, if Campbell is READY to play for this next year, it wont matter who is in. Because if brunell is struggling next year like in 2004, he will put campbell in sooner than he put in ramsey because he actually likes Campbell.

It is really hard to say that brunell is the problem. Maybe having no No.2 WR , or no one to step up for Patten. What about no O line depth. Or the fact that they couldn't open a hole if they were playing a high school team. Maybe its the fact that if our opponents put 11 men in the box we still try to run? Or a kicker that can't kick it past the 25 yard line.

Mark will be the starter, he had 200 yds in the second half today, he is why this game was even close.

Exactly! It was close, not a win. Yes o-line did not give him much time, but you need to adjust to that and stop running back 10 yards after you get the snap that absorbs crucial time, and when he did have time balls where high, underthrown or behind most of the time..sorry but it was just too obvious to hide that fact. I'm not here to hate on Brunell but let's be real if he is here next year as a starter then goodbye Big Show, anybody that is that happy and laughing about losing in the playoff's and having a horrid game is somebody that is just happy to have a job. Just calling it the way I see it.

The offense as a whole was pretty bad towards the end of the season, but this team is not very far away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. When the offense played well, they looked great. We all know what the defense is capable of. We have a great coaching staff. Hopefully we have a relatively quiet offseason and we come back next year ready to roll. Go Skins.

I think he was 22-37 237 yds 1 TD. We could not run the ball, that was the problem. Brunell gets one more year with the rookie as a backup and Ramsey traded.

If you just look at the stats, MB had a good game, but we all know that's not the true story. He got most of his stats when Seattle went up 17-3 and went into what looks to be prevent mode. The TD pass was pure luck. Kinda reminds me of the 1st Dallas game. MB didn't do sh*t for 3+ quarters. We need a QB that can perform all game. MB will not lead us to a Super Bowl, but sadly, he'll be starter next year.

Archived