Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How stupid is this Papa John's manager?

SUNSTONE

I have a coupan for 1 free large pizza with a puchase of a specialty pizza.

On the page it gives the list of specialtys.

Spicy Italian looked good, so I ordered that, but she tells me it's not in the computer but she can still make it.

It will cost 14.77.

The specialty pizza costs 14.99

I say "Ok then, just ring me up for The Meats specialty pizza and make it Spicy Italian."

She refuses to do that.

At this point I realize I'm dealing with a stupid *****!:mad:

I tell her "Hey listen, this is Pappa's John's mistake, no big deal. You don't have to right some funky stuff in the computer, just ring it up and make the pizza. This is a clear cut case in both sides winning."

Now I knew saying all of that was just a waste of time. I have come to learn that logic doesn't work with a stupid bia bia!

I threaten to tell her boss, she says go ahead, I tell her off and now I'm steaming with no pizza!:tantrum:

I calm done, and decide Domino's will get my business.....after a nasty email to Pappa Johns.

I never understood employees who allowed themselves to be locked into the computer system. I encountered a lot of that working at Blockbuster.

That's another company on my doo doo list! :mad:

I have been using BB longer than I can remember. I have been a gold member for years and years.

Well they came up with a policy to refuse to rent xbox 360 games without a CC number.

I don't have one, nor will I ever get a stupid credit card.

The funny thing about that is, I previously rented 2 xbox 360 games, and returned them. All before they inforced the policy.

So now they're screwed. I just watch their movies free from my friend! ;)

Why the hell would a Papa Johns employee or Blockbuster guy go out of their way to help anyone. They are going to make their $5.50 an hour no matter what.......Guess what? They want LESS customers, not more.

Cut them some slack. Is it really worth getting all worked up over? Go buy a Tombstone and a sixer.

Why the hell would a Papa Johns employee or Blockbuster guy go out of their way to help anyone. They are going to make their $5.50 an hour no matter what.......Guess what? They want LESS customers, not more.

Cut them some slack. Is it really worth getting all worked up over? Go buy a Tombstone and a sixer.

While this is completely true and I can speak from experience, I think we're talking about several different things here. The Papa Johns girl almost seemed to be unwilling to help more than anything else. I gather the XBOX 360 issue is a matter of company policy, and therefore basically out of the employee's hands. You'd be surprised how closely companies like Blockbuster monitor those things. I'm talking about cashiers who were perfectly willing to help but apparently incapable of thinking outside the confines of Blockbuster's archaic computer system.

Did she give a reason for refusing the change? I mean, It's not like a pizza place has INVENTORY or anything. It's pizza. unbelieveable.

No reason at all.

What's more important?

A. Keeping a costumer and making them happy.

or

B. Losing a costumer over a product that cost less than what the company was asking for?(My pizza had less toppings)

Yeah we know where you work at buddy, and how much of a hard worker you are.:doh:

Besides, complaining should be good for a few pizzas. ;)

While this is completely true and I can speak from experience, I think we're talking about several different things here. The Papa Johns girl almost seemed to be unwilling to help more than anything else. I gather the XBOX 360 issue is a matter of company policy, and therefore basically out of the employee's hands. You'd be surprised how closely companies like Blockbuster monitor those things. I'm talking about cashiers who were perfectly willing to help but apparently incapable of thinking outside the confines of Blockbuster's archaic computer system.

That's true, and I know BB would let me be the exception. But I have all the 360 games I want, and there isn't exactly a wave of titles coming through any time soon. So I'm content on watching my buddy's BB movies for free. He pays that movie pass, so it makes no difference to him.

So if BB doesn't do anything to try and make things cool, they won't get my money.

I have a coupan for 1 free large pizza with a puchase of a specialty pizza.

On the page it gives the list of specialtys.

Spicy Italian looked good, so I ordered that, but she tells me it's not in the computer but she can still make it.

It will cost 14.77.

The specialty pizza costs 14.99

I say "Ok then, just ring me up for The Meats specialty pizza and make it Spicy Italian."

She refuses to do that.

At this point I realize I'm dealing with a stupid *****!:mad:

I tell her "Hey listen, this is Pappa's John's mistake, no big deal. You don't have to right some funky stuff in the computer, just ring it up and make the pizza. This is a clear cut case in both sides winning."

Now I knew saying all of that was just a waste of time. I have come to learn that logic doesn't work with a stupid bia bia!

I threaten to tell her boss, she says go ahead, I tell her off and now I'm steaming with no pizza!:tantrum:

I calm done, and decide Domino's will get my business.....after a nasty email to Pappa Johns.

I don't get the problem you had...the coupon specified you had to order a specialty pizza. Were you trying to substitute a single-topping spicy Italian for a specialty pizza? Why not order the specialty, and then get the spciy Italian as your free pizza? Or is the Spicy Italian a specialty pizza?

If its not in the computer, its not in the computer. Plus, you never know...her boss could be a complete dick, it might not be her at all. Probably why she said go ahead and tell her manager. I find it funny that you didn't...

Sounds to me like you were being a prick to the lady. As someone else mentioned, these people have a totally ****ty job. I'm sure they love it when guys like you make it worse. I try to treat people in these positions as nicely as possible. They have a terrible job, that I would never do, and I respect them for that. Plus, I don't want any "extra toppings" on my pizza! :laugh:

I don't get the problem you had...the coupon specified you had to order a specialty pizza. Were you trying to substitute a single-topping spicy Italian for a specialty pizza? Why not order the specialty, and then get the spciy Italian as your free pizza? Or is the Spicy Italian a specialty pizza?

If its not in the computer, its not in the computer. Plus, you never know...her boss could be a complete dick, it might not be her at all. Probably why she said go ahead and tell her manager. I find it funny that you didn't...

Sounds to me like you were being a prick to the lady. As someone else mentioned, these people have a totally ****ty job. I'm sure they love it when guys like you make it worse. I try to treat people in these positions as nicely as possible. They have a terrible job, that I would never do, and I respect them for that. Plus, I don't want any "extra toppings" on my pizza! :laugh:

Amen. I worked at Cold Stone for 2 years in high school, and I was a manager for the last 4-5 months I worked there. Most of the time there was a problem it was the customer's fault. I mean, having a **** job sucks. Being an ******* gives the person no incentive to help you, if anything it makes them flustered so they do even worse.

Yeah we know where you work at buddy, and how much of a hard worker you are.:doh:

Yeah, look at my profile or check out this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129861&highlight=savings+salaried

Im post # 37.

I just cant stand people that complain when they dont get their way over some mundane, meaningless crap like having to pay an extra $1 for a pizza. You told her off and were "steaming"? Get a freaking helmet. God forbid you drive to the grocery store and pay $6 for one.

I also cant stand people that think they are better than the poor guy working for minimum wage. Why would he/she spend 5 seconds of their time helping you, you were obviously a dick on the phone. I'd just hang up on you and laugh at you with my co-workers.

1. She was the manager.

2. I was ordering a specialty pizza, it's listed on the ad where the coupan was.

3. She didn't have strict orders to not make that deal. She just refused to do it for no good reason. She said she just didn't want to put all of that in the computer.

4. Wether you have a crap job or not, you are still paid to do a good job. If you don't like the job find a new one. I have worked these type of places when I was younger, and I always did a good job and was always one of the role model workers. I'm not saying everyone should be a role model, but the very least thing you could do is not piss off the costumer.

5. I was very nice to her up until the last minute when I realized it was useless to deal with such a *****.

Yeah, look at my profile or check out this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129861&highlight=savings+salaried

Im post # 37.

I just cant stand people that complain when they dont get their way over some mundane, meaningless crap like having to pay an extra $1 for a pizza. You told her off and were "steaming"? Get a freaking helmet. God forbid you drive to the grocery store and pay $6 for one.

I also cant stand people that think they are better than the poor guy working for minimum wage. Why would he/she spend 5 seconds of their time helping you, you were obviously a dick on the phone. I'd just hang up on you and laugh at you with my co-workers.

You can't stand people who complain over mundane things?

Then what the heck are you doing right now? :twitch:

I never said I was better than anyone. I have been there, and I have been in situations even worst. I know what's like.

I treat people based on the content of their character, not how much money they make.

The same goes with work. I work hard based on who I want to be, not based on how much money I make.

I also know a stupid ***** when I see one, and she was clearly a stupid *****.

I was not rude with her, I had the ad, I had the coupan.

6$ pizzas!:laugh: My tip to the driver is nothing less than 5$

Man I haven't seen one of those in years. In fact I don't even cook anymore.

I just order out. Last night was pizza, the night before mexican, the night before pasta.

Archived