Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Whitlock thinks LaVar might go to Cincy.

scuppajones

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060112

I know I shouldn't post another LaVar thread, but this one really made me laugh. I mean it is a well known fact, isn't it that LaVar and Marvin Lewis butted heads when Marvin coached here.

Washington linebacker LaVar Arrington should be on Cincy's shopping list, as well as a legit safety and a defensive tackle.

I did agree with his opinion on Gruden's coaching in the Tampa game, he should never of gone for it on 4th down early in the fourth quarter, in a close game like that every point counts. Gruden was definitely out coached by Joe Gibbs.

As far as I know, you'll only read this here: Gruden blew the game with 7 minutes, 41 seconds left to play, when he eschewed a 37-yard field-goal attempt and went for it on fourth and 1.

Just dumb!

I couldn't believe that Joe Theismann and Paul McGuire didn't call out Gruden for this bit of foolishness. In fact, they agreed with Gruden's stupidity.

Washington's offense hadn't done squat all game. You kick the field goal in that situation and cut the deficit to four points, realizing that you'll get the ball back with a chance to win the game in regulation with a touchdown.

Lavar won't be in Cincy, unless we are playing them.

Gruden made the right choice going for it on 4th down, just made a bad call.

Also, how do you figure he lost it with 7:41 left. That would have made the score 17-13 at the time, they didn't score again, and another FG would have had them down by 1....

Those are the two worst pieces of analysis I have ever seen. Lavar isn't gong anywher and no you don't kick the field goal. Your offense is driving and you have less than a yard to make. Jason Whitlock is to sports journalism what Roseanne Barr is to the National Anthem.

Jason Whitlock = Moron

I'm tired of hearing how Tampa gave away the game, we stole it or whatever. How can they give away a game they never led at any time? The closest the score ever got was 0-0.

I agree 100%, we won that game fair and square, but I just think in the playoffs you take the points. Gruden got ****y and thought he could get a first down on 4th and 1, because of the last game. Our defense is to good for that and we shoved it right down Chuckys throat.

What continues to entertain me is all the media saying the Skins did not deserve to win over Tampa. We won because of the turnovers no doubt but what the idiots in the media continue to press is our offense was terrible. This is true BUT Tampa has a very good defense. The thing that gets me ticked off is our defense shut them down equally and their stats only looked better because of our conservative "prevent" d which we pretty much used from late 2nd to games end. The equally coservative offense (run,run,run,punt kill the clock dont take any chances) also had something to do with this as well. I often wonder if these fools in the media even watch the frickin game. If Chicago,Baltimore,Pittsburgh,Tampa win like we did on saturday we get to hear about how great their d was non-stop. Like I have said before Joe Gibbs teams must have really broken some media guys and former players hearts in his first tenure.

I actually agree with Whitlock. I thought Gruden was crazy to go for it in that situation for the reasons he said. Whitlock also points out that Tampa Bay got the ball back three more times after running the ill-fated pass play. I'll tell you right now, I'm kicking the field goal in that scenario.

Yes, but they didn't score on any of those posessions either. If you kick the field goal, you still need a touchdown to win the game.

Really, the media has a standard response for these decisions: if they make it, the coach is a genius. If they don't, the coach is an idiot. Personally, I thought it was a ballsy decision that could have broken things for them if they made it, particularly since Alstott was pretty tough on short yardage plays. The fact that we took care of business should give us some credit.

Jason

Archived