Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS News: More Than One Way To Skin The Press

WolfMan

So I am the only person on this board that apperciates objective coverage of the skins. Not everything that comes out about the skins will be positive, but I find it a little scary that Synder is going to try to totally control all the media outlets that this team goes through. It is only a matter of time until he buys the post and prints what he wants.

Lets face it, if we had the money that Snyder has then we would all want to pay a s***load of money on talent the way he did in the past. After what happened and the learning curve that came with that he settled down and hes been doing nothing more than making this team fun again. He coughed up the money to get JOE GIBBS back from racing. I don't think there are too many owners that would appeal so much to their fans and so such an amaizing job at returning to what we all love. Snyder then stepped it up by insuring that we would have the personell that has taken this group of guys and made it into a well coached team. Specifically i'm referring to GWill. From a fan's point of view, if i had the money Snyder does i'd probably have done the same thing as he had. Kudos to him for bringing some positive attention to this team. I'm tiered of the likes of the WP saying what they say about my favorite team.

My heart just bleeds to hear the mediots crying about DS working to have some say in the coverage of the Skins. No matter what he'll never control it all so their arguments are skewed right there, and they also automatically assume that he will choke off anything that isn't a glowing suck up piece. That's stupid too. It's amusing and sad at the same time to see how many people that want to write Snyder off as an idiot. Yanno he didn't find those $$ in some leprechaun's pot, he's a vicious businessman (said with respect). If anything, I think he understands that the fanbase for the Skins wouldn't accept some predigested pap and has no intention of offering that, this comes down to the Post trying to use their bully pulpit to bash the guy for personal reasons and him responding to it. All things considered, I say "Go Danny Go- tear 'em a new one!"

Yeah, the Post hasn't exactly supported the team as the local paper should.

I live 1/2 way around the world now and I can see that. I read what they had to say when Norv Turner was here and they were 10x as supportive then for a complete loser that we all knew was a loser from his 2nd or 3rd year.

Pathetic, at best.

Lets face it, if we had the money that Snyder has then we would all want to pay a s***load of money on talent the way he did in the past. After what happened and the learning curve that came with that he settled down and hes been doing nothing more than making this team fun again. He coughed up the money to get JOE GIBBS back from racing. I don't think there are too many owners that would appeal so much to their fans and so such an amaizing job at returning to what we all love. Snyder then stepped it up by insuring that we would have the personell that has taken this group of guys and made it into a well coached team. Specifically i'm referring to GWill. From a fan's point of view, if i had the money Snyder does i'd probably have done the same thing as he had. Kudos to him for bringing some positive attention to this team. I'm tiered of the likes of the WP saying what they say about my favorite team.

Correction. Snyder did NOT bring Gibbs back. Gibbs CHOSE to come back due to the sorry state the team found itself in. A state I might add that bore the heavy handed fingerprints of a one Daniel Snyder. Had Gibbs not wanted to come back, no amount of $$$ Snyder could have waved in his face would have brought him back. Period. "The man" has more principle than that.

Gibbs chose to come back while there was an opening and Snyder could not have said "no" even if he wanted to. Therefore, no matter how it works out, this is not a move that Snyder should get credit OR be blamed for, as under the circumstances this was a decision that he simply had no choice in. His life in D.C. wouldn't have been worth a plug nickel had he refused Gibbs...even if Vince Lombardi had come back to life and expressed interest in his old job.

What he does get credit for is not trying low-ball Gibbs after being approached, giving him autonomy (i.e. staying out of the way) and coughing up whatever resources were needed to get Gibbs literally anything he needed to bring the team back to respectability. Trust me, this was a case of Gibbs riding to the rescue, NOT Snyder finally making a brilliant move.

However to be fair it does appear that Snyder has learned and continues to learn from his mistakes-and more importantly from Gibbs. In fact, I am on record as saying that this is one of the most valuable things about Gibbs' return, i.e. teaching Snyder how a real NFL team should be run.

Sorry to go on about this but it's just one of my pet peeves. Trust me, I stayed quiet about it as long as I could:)

:rant:

Archived