Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN Money: PlayStation 3 price - $500?

heyholetsgogrant

I don't think it will be the same as the xbox360. When PS2 came out, they were going for triple sticker price, but when the xbox came out afterward it didn't have a huge mark up on ebay. This will be the same. People will buy an xbox360 to hold them over until the ps3 is more available. Microsoft is suppose to release Halo 3 on the same day as the PS3 launch.

What is the Halo 3?

I must say, watching two American Companies (Apple IPod, Microsoft XBox) sticking it up Sony's :censored: sideways is great. :munchout:

My heart aches for sony... after all those years of market dumping, price discrimination, patent infringement, and predatory pricing. :rolleyes: Karma is hell... they're finding that out.

I'm waiting for the Revolution; the ability to download old NES games is enough for me.

I can't justify paying $500 for a Video Game system, no matter what extras it has.

i have read several articles, one of which is in the new egm magazine, that states the recolution is not going to be much more powerful than what the gamecube is right now, plus the online service is free, but its going to cost you money to download the games, if you want to get new games, get this bad boy......... http://www.playmessiah.com/product/NEX_index.html, for $60, plus go get a slew of games for it from fnuncloand or eb games

I'm loving my 360 with my 32" LCD in High Definition glory!

So I don't care what the price is, I'm probably going to wait a bit for the PS3, if I ever get it. The 360 is putting out games that are so awesome, I just don't see PS3 topping them for the next 2 years after it's release.

The 360 is so powerful, it ran Call of Duty 2 using less than 1/3 of it's power!

It can run Doom3, Half Life 2, and Battlefield 2 with less than 1/3 of it's power!

It's going to be a long time before they max out that machine.

Stay away from bluh-ray

hd dvd is going to be the standard

Nope. They will both fail big time. The next standard is video on demand. The average person can not tell the difference between a DVD and an HD transfer from film. At best the formats will have half the success of laserdisc and will probably end up like SACD and DVD-audio. Americans will not replace their DVD players. The next generation of content will be video on demand delivered over IP.

Archived