Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Ramsey Should Start On Saturday

RiggoReincarnated

Brunell was barely able to complete a 10 yard pass, much less a long one last week. He nearly lost us the game with the clumsy pick at the end.

That wasn't Brunells fault. The defense we went up against was just THAT DAMN GOOD. And we still won because... OUR DEFENSE IS THAT DAMN GOOD.

IM JUST SAYING THESE GUYS HAVE TO BE WILLING TO GO TO WAR CAUSE THE SEAHAWKS ARE GONNA TRY TO KO US FROM THE START WITH THEIR FANS AND PLAYERS.

BRUNELL CAN'T BE THINKING ABOUT PAIN IN HIS KNEE THIS GAME OR HES GONNA GET SHUT DOWN AGAIN. NO MERCY MAN. THESE FLUCKERS ARE GONNA TRY AND HUMILIATE US. 9.5 POINT UNDERDOG. I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE TEAM BUT AS A DIE-HARD FAN I TAKE THAT PERSONAL.

PLUS ALL THE SMUGNESS FROM ALEXANDER, AND TRUFANT ACTING LIKE THE GAME IS IN THE BAG AND WE HAVE NO CHANCE!

REASON WE ARE HERE AINT CAUSE OF TALENT, ITS CAUSE WE TOOK IT TO DALLAS, WHO HAS MORE TALENT BUT NO HEART

SEAHAWKS HAVE A ****LOAD OF TALENT AND WE HAVE TO ATTACK AND MOVE THE BALL CONSTANTLY, NO MERCY, TO WIN THIS GAME. I JUST HAVE A HORRIBLE FEELING BRUNELLS GONNA LOSE THIS FOR US.

Whats up with the caps man?

Ramsey came into the Giants game in week 16. He didn't do too bad and I was happy with his performance... not the timeouts he called... but overall he closed that game out well.

So if Brunell gets caught up in a tough spot, I have no doubts that by watching Brunell from the sidelines this year, Ramsey has learned A LOT.

I have no doubts. Faith and emotion wins the game, not statistics.

Is this dude retarded or what?

I think hes the smartest man in the country, if hes not an NFL coach he should be cause he obviously has worked this scenario out on madden 2006 and its been successful every time.

I mean this guy knows that Ramsey can use his mind to call silent audiables in a loud stadium, that there is pure genius and the kind of analysis that only people with superior intellect can deduce.

I say we trade lavar for wolverine, and make riggoreincarnated our head coach. We would never lose on madden again.

IM JUST SAYING THESE GUYS HAVE TO BE WILLING TO GO TO WAR CAUSE THE SEAHAWKS ARE GONNA TRY TO KO US FROM THE START WITH THEIR FANS AND PLAYERS.

BRUNELL CAN'T BE THINKING ABOUT PAIN IN HIS KNEE THIS GAME OR HES GONNA GET SHUT DOWN AGAIN. NO MERCY MAN. THESE FLUCKERS ARE GONNA TRY AND HUMILIATE US. 9.5 POINT UNDERDOG. I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE TEAM BUT AS A DIE-HARD FAN I TAKE THAT PERSONAL.

PLUS ALL THE SMUGNESS FROM ALEXANDER, AND TRUFANT ACTING LIKE THE GAME IS IN THE BAG AND WE HAVE NO CHANCE!

REASON WE ARE HERE AINT CAUSE OF TALENT, ITS CAUSE WE TOOK IT TO DALLAS, WHO HAS MORE TALENT BUT NO HEART

SEAHAWKS HAVE A ****LOAD OF TALENT AND WE HAVE TO ATTACK AND MOVE THE BALL CONSTANTLY, NO MERCY, TO WIN THIS GAME. I JUST HAVE A HORRIBLE FEELING BRUNELLS GONNA LOSE THIS FOR US.

Dude, you are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! We are about the most battle tested team in the playoffs. The reason we are here is because we changed our offensive philosophy against the Cardinals in the 2nd half. Who cares about what the Hawks players are saying? How many playoff games have they played in? They are gonna get whats coming to them. Brunell is the man with the smarts to play the game. Receivers need to get seperation (Not Moss).

Dude, you are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! We are about the most battle tested team in the playoffs. The reason we are here is because we changed our offensive philosophy against the Cardinals in the 2nd half. Who cares about what the Hawks players are saying? How many playoff games have they played in? They are gonna get whats coming to them. Brunell is the man with the smarts to play the game. Receivers need to get seperation (Not Moss).

DOESNT IT PISS YOU ALL OFF THAT EVERYONE IS SAYING WE ARE GOING TO LOSE THIS GAME?! PLUS SOME OF OUR OWN FANS ARE KIND OF CONCEDING IT. WE HAVE TO GO DOWN SWINGING AND WITH ATTITUDE IF WE DO GO DOWN AND THATS NOT WITH RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT BS!

DON'T GET MAD WITH ME I'M JUST EXPRESSING EMOTION HERE AND I REALLY REALLY DON'T WANT TO LOSE THIS GAME, (EVEN LESS THEN TO THE BUCS). I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF A TEAM THATS ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING IN THE PLAYOFFS THINKING THEY CAN EVER BEAT THE REDSKINS WHEN THE STAKES ARE HIGH. SEAHAWK FANS AND PLAYERS ARE TALKING **** AND THERE HAS TO BE A FURY TO START THIS GAME OR WE GET BLOWN OUT.

GOTTA GO NOW TALK TO YOU LATER...DONT GET MAD, IM NOT A TROLL, JUST GET MAD WHEN THIS TEAM IS DISRESPECTED AND IM WORRIED BRUNELL IS OVER HIS HEAD IN THIS GAME.

Christ, I feel like the "keymaster"....

"Dude! You......must.......CHILL!!!!" I hate to be the one to break it to you but the 'Skins aren't playing the Seahawk FANS, they are playing the Seahawks.

The 'Skins ought to be a bit edgy coming into this game. That's a GOOD thing! Seattle is favored for a reason. Each week in the playoffs, the talent & the stakes rachet up.

THEN they need to take deep breath, let it out, and realize that they CAN win this game. However, they must win it TOGETHER. One guy isn't going to win or lose this game. The Seattle paper actually hit the nail right on the head - controlling the tempo & winning the t/o battle will go a long way towards determining which team advances.

Now....having just said THAT.....part of playing QB in games like these is knowing when & where NOT to throw the ball as well as when to cut loose. At this point in time, Brunell is the guy in the better position to grasp that. As long as he's physically able to act on what he sees & what he thinks about what he sees, he ought to be the guy playing.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Dont you hate it when someone posts in all caps as if it makes their point more valid? :cool:

I think its dispicable that you would make fun of a retarded person. Sometimes a trainable will accidently hit the caps lock button, and will be forced to post in all caps until their trainer comes by and hits the button for them

PLUS SOME OF OUR OWN FANS ARE KIND OF CONCEDING IT.

In case you haven't noticed, the ones doing that have been Tampa Bay and Seagulls fans posing as 'Skins fans. They get caught and banned.

Then again, you're likely one of the two, also, so I'm just preaching to the choir... :seahawksu

If I'm the coach, Brunnell has till halftime without question. If he looks like he has the last two weeks, he gets to rest his knee on the bench in the second half so that we have some chance of needing him the next week.

To me it's simple, either Brunnell is recovered or he is not. If he is, then he's the man. If he's not, well, we all saw what a gimpy Brunnell did last year. Ramsey simply gives you a better chance to win than Brunnell on a bad wheel. It's that simple.

It is a clear reality that Brunell's play has been extremely poor since the knee injury. If you want absolute, unmistakable proof in one single play, look at the pass he attempted in the second half against the Bucs about 15 yards downfield to the near sideline (from the TV angle)...I think the receiver was Moss. He was WIDE open, and Brunell noodle armed it into the ground, forcing a punt. Unless his injury improves, he is a liability at this point on offense, and no sugar-coating it is going to change that.

Having said that...when you're in the playoffs, and you have a QB who has started all year and taken almost all of snaps in practice, throwing in the backup on the road in a divisional playoff game is not something you do until it becomes unavoidably neccessary. It's the kind of question that requires extremely accurate analysis and the ability for brutal self-honesty on the part of both the coaches and players to make the right decision.

The questions I don't know the answers to are:

1. If he knew he wasn't playing at 100%, and knew he was hurting the team, would Brunell pull himself out?

2. If Gibbs knew deep down that Brunell was hurting the team, would he be willing to make the change?

Based on everything we've seen, I think the answer to both questions is unfortunately no. So all we can hope is that Brunell's knee improves before this weekend, and he plays the way he has in his better performances this year. Otherwise, our only chance will be for the defense to win a playoff game for us single-handedly, on the road, two weeks in a row.

Archived