Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Ramsey Should Start On Saturday

RiggoReincarnated

Unless he's more injured than he's letting on AND it's affecting his ability to pass, the 'Skins have to start Brunnell and stay with until he's gets to that point. Ramsey clearly has the better arm but Brunell is the better QB. However, I don't think the disparity is SO great that a Brunell @ 50% is better for the offense than a Ramsey @ at 100%

I just hope he's not letting his desire to play get the best of the judgment that makes him a better QB. The 'Skins are going to need a much more balanced offense this week than they've shown in the past couple of weeks.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

I think Brunell is going to have alot of trouble at Qwest. Eli shredded the Seahawks that day....for like 344 yards. Brunell isn't making quick decisions and reads, and these guys play quick, the fans will be loud and Brunell seems rattled.

You say Brunell's reads are slow, but you want to replace him with Ramsey... ? That's funny.

I think Brunell is going to have alot of trouble at Qwest. Eli shredded the Seahawks that day....for like 344 yards. Brunell isn't making quick decisions and reads, and these guys play quick, the fans will be loud and Brunell seems rattled.

Eli "shredded" the Seahawks in a regular season game; much different from a playoff game when everyone -- crowd included -- is playing on a higher level.

Brunell is fine. He played the Eagles on the road and the Bucs on the road. I hardly expected the guy to put up numbers even if 100% healthy.

You say Brunell's reads are slow, but you want to replace him with Ramsey... ? That's funny.

Ramsey would get Jacobs, Thrash, Royal involved in the offense more then targets that go game after game with 1-2 catches if that. He'd spread our offense into a multi-pronged attack like the Seahawks have. He also holds the ball so long and throws it out of bounds. Attack man, find the open man!

Ramsey would get Jacobs, Thrash, Royal involved in the offense more then targets that go game after game with 1-2 catches if that. He'd spread our offense into a multi-pronged attack like the Seahawks have.

You seem to be playing the game on paper, paper which shows Ramsey to have a stronger arm and put up, generally, more yards.

If the game were played on paper, we would lose to the Seahawks by at least 9.5 points and, according to the numbers, shouldn't even bother showing up.

We should only put Ramsey in if we're down big, otherwise Brunell is our man.

Ramsey had a 153.3 passer rating against the Giants. Hes young and sharp and his mind will know how to call silent audibles at the line of scrimmage against the screaming crowd. He will dissect the Seahawks with both precision passing and bombs if he gets a chance.

Ramsey would get Jacobs, Thrash, Royal involved in the offense more then targets that go game after game with 1-2 catches if that. He'd spread our offense into a multi-pronged attack like the Seahawks have. He also holds the ball so long and throws it out of bounds. Attack man, find the open man!

Remind me of the overwhelming success Ramsey has had in the past against good teams.....

They don't equal the # that brunell has had just this season alone.

Is this dude retarded or what?

Do YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WE CANNOT FLUCK AROUND AND EXPECT TO WIN?! WHO WANTS TO LET THESE PUSSES TAKE US AND SAY THEY ARE NOW DESERVING AFTER 21 YEARS OF GETTING KNOCKED OUT AS A WILD CARD?! I SURE AS HELL DONT

BRUNELL NEARLY COST US THE GAME AGAINST PHILLY AND SCORED ZERO, ZERO IN THE SECOND HALF LAST WEEK. THROUGH A COSTLY INTERCEPTION THOUGH.

THE ATTITUDE HAS TO BE ONE OF SEEK AND DESTROY MAN. THOSE FANS ARE GONNA ME MERCILESS AND WE CAN'T HAVE THIS TENTATIVE BULL**** ON OFFENSE ANYMORE.

TIME TO STOP FLUCKING AROUND AND GET BACK TO NO MERCY OFFENSIVE ATTACK LIKE WE HAD AGAINST DALLAS, BUT BRUNELL IS INJURED SO HES DANCING AND WAITING AROUND AND NOT PUTTING ANY MEAT INTO HIS THROWS!!!

Ramsey had a 153.3 passer rating against the Giants. Hes young and sharp and his mind will know how to call silent audibles at the line of scrimmage against the screaming crowd. He will dissect the Seahawks with both precision passing and bombs if he gets a chance.

Stop............just stop.............:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I thought perhaps you had merely taken a short-cut on the "Brunell's-too-injured-to-continue-to-help" argument which at least has SOME merit. This is just ridiculous.

Personally, I like Ramsey. Seems like a tough kid on the field & a nice guy off it. But I've got doubts about the guy's "football intelligence" at this point. Reads, decision-making, & decisiveness are all of the things that cost Ramsey the job to begin with.........TWICE!!!

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Remind me of the overwhelming success Ramsey has had in the past against good teams.....

They don't equal the # that brunell has had just this season alone.

And Brunell has had overwhelming success against whom? He has maybe 3-4 games this year where his quarterback play was the actual catalyst for this team. If its even that much. Let's face it, our running game and defense is what drives this team, and substituting Ramsey if Brunell struggles against Seattle isn't going to kill us when our gameplan doesn't call for the QB to have to do it all by himself.

Ramsey will get his shot next year, if not he will get it with another team after that, You never want to make a QB change in the middle of the playoffs, Ramsey did a good Job comming in for Brunell against the Giants and yes he might just get the ball spread around a little bit more, in fact I think he just might get a few passes to the ppl in the Blue Jerseys.....

The reason that Thrash/Royal/Cooley and such haven't been getting the ball is that they haven't been open and Brunell has been playing with a lead.... Look at the Games where Brunell had the most passing yards... He was playing from behind the whole game, and the only game where we threw all the time with a lead was the Raider game, would you prefer that outcome??

Patten was a good counter to Moss, because he is still fast and can run routs very very well, and he was able to draw away the double coverage from Moss, and when they left Patten open, he was good at drawing the PI flag if he couldn't get the ball. Remember correctly, we lost Patten AFTER the Bucs game the first time around and our passing game hasn't been the same since.

Thrash is playing with a broken thumb, and Farris is no real threat, and did you see how badly out of possition Jacobs was on that route where the ball was intercepted and how little he fought for the ball???!!!! Jacobs needs to study under Patten, Thrash is a posession reciever, and that left Cooley open against a Linebacker. Jimmy Farris doesn't bring to this offense what Patten did, and I for one miss him.

Also remember what we did on the Ground to Tampa the first game, we DESTROYED them on the ground, and this game we couldn't get 100 yds between Portis, Betts, and Brunell combined.

So tell me why Ramsey will be a better fit. Consider that he has ZERO playoff experience.

Dude, so let's have Ramsey force some stupid passes in there to only be intercepted. Plus he won't run for a first down to save his life! Patience is required here. Against Philly, Brunell was still hurting. Against Tampa, he was still not quite well. This week he is full go. How about some of the other receivers (Not Moss) getting some seperation from defenders. Gibbs says that some of Brunell's best plays were the ones he couldn't make. In other words, he was smart with the ball instead of forcing things or taking sacks. Besides, Portis is gonna run all over the Seagulls!

I am NOT agreeing with the original poster here but I would like all of you who are saying that the guy who got us to the dance should get the chance to play to remember Gibbs post season run with Williams as QB after Jay Shroeder had played most of the regular season.

And Brunell has had overwhelming success against whom? He has maybe 3-4 games this year where his quarterback play was the actual catalyst for this team. If its even that much. Let's face it, our running game and defense is what drives this team, and substituting Ramsey if Brunell struggles against Seattle isn't going to kill us when our gameplan doesn't call for the QB to have to do it all by himself.

IM JUST SAYING THESE GUYS HAVE TO BE WILLING TO GO TO WAR CAUSE THE SEAHAWKS ARE GONNA TRY TO KO US FROM THE START WITH THEIR FANS AND PLAYERS.

BRUNELL CAN'T BE THINKING ABOUT PAIN IN HIS KNEE THIS GAME OR HES GONNA GET SHUT DOWN AGAIN. NO MERCY MAN. THESE FLUCKERS ARE GONNA TRY AND HUMILIATE US. 9.5 POINT UNDERDOG. I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE TEAM BUT AS A DIE-HARD FAN I TAKE THAT PERSONAL.

PLUS ALL THE SMUGNESS FROM ALEXANDER, AND TRUFANT ACTING LIKE THE GAME IS IN THE BAG AND WE HAVE NO CHANCE!

REASON WE ARE HERE AINT CAUSE OF TALENT, ITS CAUSE WE TOOK IT TO DALLAS, WHO HAS MORE TALENT BUT NO HEART

SEAHAWKS HAVE A ****LOAD OF TALENT AND WE HAVE TO ATTACK AND MOVE THE BALL CONSTANTLY, NO MERCY, TO WIN THIS GAME. I JUST HAVE A HORRIBLE FEELING BRUNELLS GONNA LOSE THIS FOR US.

Do YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WE CANNOT FLUCK AROUND AND EXPECT TO WIN?! WHO WANTS TO LET THESE PUSSES TAKE US AND SAY THEY ARE NOW DESERVING AFTER 21 YEARS OF GETTING KNOCKED OUT AS A WILD CARD?! I SURE AS HELL DONT

BRUNELL NEARLY COST US THE GAME AGAINST PHILLY AND SCORED ZERO, ZERO IN THE SECOND HALF LAST WEEK. THROUGH A COSTLY INTERCEPTION THOUGH.

THE ATTITUDE HAS TO BE ONE OF SEEK AND DESTROY MAN. THOSE FANS ARE GONNA ME MERCILESS AND WE CAN'T HAVE THIS TENTATIVE BULL**** ON OFFENSE ANYMORE.

TIME TO STOP FLUCKING AROUND AND GET BACK TO NO MERCY OFFENSIVE ATTACK LIKE WE HAD AGAINST DALLAS, BUT BRUNELL IS INJURED SO HES DANCING AND WAITING AROUND AND NOT PUTTING ANY MEAT INTO HIS THROWS!!!

Hello, Mods???

Archived