Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mike rate Belichick over Gibbs!!

jerrarde

Wrong......

Belicheck has won 3 SB's in 4 years...... I love Joe Gibbs and all, but Belicheck is a great coach. They are both HOF'ers

Your as wrong as Mike and Mike. I don't even listen to those guys. What Gibbs did was phenominal in my eyes. Not only did he win with three different QB's, but he also won in an era dominated by all time great teams. Look at the teams during his era. Belicheck never faced any dominate teams, and still needed feild goals to win. Honestly Belicheck owes all his success to Vinetari. He's a tuck rule away from this dynasty never being started in the first place. Give Gibbs his credit. Bellicheck is winning with the player Parcells brought in anyway.

I give it to bellichick right now too. Gibbs is back and doing great, but I'm not sure he's back up to bellichick's level yet. Keep in mind this type of thing shouldn't take historical acheivement's into account. The question is "Who is the best coach right now?" And in spite of the fact that Gibbs is having a great 6 game run, he's still largely unproven in his second run.

Bellichick on the other hand is proving himself to be an even greater coach than people thought him to be this year. He kept that team together and now has them in the playoffs and playing well in spite of injuries and the loss of both coordinators. Are you forgetting that many were saying with Crenel and Weiss' departure, the Patriots would take a huge step back this year. I definitely wouldn't call 4 extra losses with all their injury problems a "huge step backwards." My belief is that Bellichick accomplished more this year to put him in the pantheon of great coaches than he did in any of his super bowl year(and it still remains to be decided whether or not this will be a super bowl year as well.)

Also worth mentioning, since it's always brought up how great Gibbs playoff record is. He is 17-5 with 3 SB victories in 14 years of coaching. Belichick is 11-1 with 3sb victories in 11 years of coaching. Really if one of these accomplishment's is greater than the other, it's not by a huge margin. And the inclusion in the hof shouldn't really be a factor, because you have to retire and have it be widely believed you are not going to come back in order to join the hall of fame. As soon as Belichick does that he will be inducted as well.

This isn't a disrespect to Gibbs. I love him. The point is 10 years after they're both retired, when people ask who the greatest coach of all time is both Gibbs and Belichick's name will come up. The fact that Belichick is a more proven coach right now, and had another decisively great coaching season, make's me have to say Belichick is the best coach in the playoffs.

All that said, my emotion's and my love for the Redskin's make me want to say Gibbs.

I guess Gregg Williams is going to be a ****ty head coach for us because of his bad run in Buffalo.

You people kill me.

Again, instead of flaming, you ought to do the research.

After all, it would be VERY easy for you to prove me wrong if you were able to show BB's success as a head coach without Tom Brady, wouldn't it?

Or maybe you DID look it up, and you realized that you are wrong.

being a homer isn't a bad thing, but this crap of people taking homerism to the extreme is getting old. Media can't say a single bad thing about us, even if it's true without a ton of people going ape **** about how we are disrespected. Some of you need to get a serious grip

Yeah I agree, if it's true, it's true.

I also remember reading somewhere (forgot which site) that had Gibbs as the 6th or 7th best coach still in the playoffs x_x

Again, instead of flaming, you ought to do the research.

After all, it would be VERY easy for you to prove me wrong if you were able to show BB's success as a head coach without Tom Brady, wouldn't it?

Or maybe you DID look it up, and you realized that you are wrong.

He had a bad stint with the Browns. What coach hasn't?

If you really think they won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls solely because of Tom Brady, you might want spend more time learning about this game and less time posting complete nonsense.

I will not even argue this any further as it maybe the dumbest argument on the face of the earth. You notice nobody agrees with you, right? I doubt you'll find too many people that do on any NFL site. There is a reason for that.

He had a bad stint with the Browns. What coach hasn't?

If you really think they won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls solely because of Tom Brady, you might want spend more time learning about this game and less time posting complete nonsense.

I will not even argue this any further as it maybe the dumbest argument on the face of the earth. You notice nobody agrees with you, right? I doubt you'll find too many people that do on any NFL site. There is a reason for that.

Don't forget about his first season in NE without Tom Brady when he went 5-11. :laugh:

watching you crack up over this is great... :cheers:

Don't forget about his first season in NE without Tom Brady when he went 5-11. :laugh:

watching you crack up over this is great... :cheers:

I'm not cracking up.

Just trying to make sure you realize how stupid you actually are.

I hope for your sake, and the fact that you're a Redskins fan, that someday you'll know a little something.

I have no problem with Belichick being rated ahead of Gibbs right now. Now, I happen to believe that we DO have the better coach, and that time will prove this out, but the fact is right now both coaches have three rings (actually, Belichick has five, if you count the two he won as DC of the Giants), and Belichick's rings have come in the last four years. If they had rated any of the coaches with fewer rings than Gibbs ahead of him, then THAT would be cause for outrage.

Oh, and the poster who credited all of Belichick's success to Adam Vinitieri is off his nut. No athlete in the history of professional sports has been given more undue credit for his team's success than Adam Vinitieri.

So let me get this straight:

They say RIGHT NOW but then include the last 4 years? Which Right now are they talking about?

RIGHT NOW: 2 teams on a roll with an uphill climb that their both making?

The last 4 years which then if you go 4 you can then go for the rest as its no long right now...

Its either this playoffs OR historical, you can't have it both ways.

I'm not cracking up.

Just trying to make sure you realize how stupid you actually are.

I hope for your sake, and the fact that you're a Redskins fan, that someday you'll know a little something.

Now you're pouting and stamping your feet, beautiful. :laugh:

I have no problem with Belichick being rated ahead of Gibbs right now. Now, I happen to believe that we DO have the better coach, and that time will prove this out, but the fact is right now both coaches have three rings (actually, Belichick has five, if you count the two he won as DC of the Giants), and Belichick's rings have come in the last four years. If they had rated any of the coaches with fewer rings than Gibbs ahead of him, then THAT would be cause for outrage.

Oh, and the poster who credited all of Belichick's success to Adam Vinitieri is off his nut. No athlete in the history of professional sports has been given more undue credit for his team's success than Adam Vinitieri.

That's actually a good way to put my feelings as well.

It's not that I don't think Gibbs is better than Bellichick, but if you look at the current situation, it's hard to argue that point. So, from an argumentative standpoint, you kind of have to defer to Belichick at this point. Even though you believe that time will show Gibbs to be the better coach.

P.S. - I think that if we make the Super Bowl this year. Gibbs has pretty much cemented himself as the greatest coach ever.

Wrong......

Belicheck has won 3 SB's in 4 years...... I love Joe Gibbs and all, but Belicheck is a great coach. They are both HOF'ers

:applause: Most rational post of this thread. People said similiar things about Gibbs the year after his third Superbowl Championship. So it's not alarming people are giving Belichick the same props the year after he wins his 3rd.

Historically, (like 20 years from now) Gibbs has the edge over Belichick - 3 superbowls, 4 appearances vs 3 superbowls, 3 appearances. But in this era, it's only fair to give Belichick his props & the edge. But maybe that will change when we get to see Gibbs defeat Belichick in this years Superbowl. Wouldn't THAT settle it! (I'm rooting for Gibbs)

Now you're pouting and stamping your feet, beautiful. :laugh:

Maybe if I was wrong in any shape or form, but seeing as I'm not, there's no need for all that.

My intent is not to sit here and argue with fellow Skins fans, especially not during a crucial week like this.

I'm sorry for the "personal attack" so to speak but of all the things people say on this forum, that literally was one of the most off the wall things I've ever heard.

Maybe if I was wrong in any shape or form, but seeing as I'm not, there's no need for all that.

I wouldn't waste your time banging your head into this wall anymore. Almost every rational person on this board agrees with your opinion. Unfortunately, we have a moderately sized (but growing quickly) group of people who would jerk Joe Gibbs in the parking lot, just to be around his greatness. These people just aren't smart enough to understand football. The idiocy levels on this board have grown 10x since we started winning.

Way to school him, Zoony. I was about to post on here that his record with the Browns sucked and he was doing crappy up until Brady took the field.

BB is a good coach, but I'd like to see what he could do if some adversity was thrown his way. If Brady goes down, who's his Doug Williams?

Not attacking here, just curious to how I was schooled? As if I don't know about Bellichick's past with the Browns. My point was if you want to call every guy a bad coach because they had a bad first outing, then I guess you don't want GW to be our future coach seeing as how awful his record in Buffalo was.

I wouldn't waste your time banging your head into this wall anymore. Almost every rational person on this board agrees with your opinion. Unfortunately, we have a moderately sized (but growing quickly) group of people who would jerk Joe Gibbs in the parking lot, just to be around his greatness. These people just aren't smart enough to understand football. The idiocy levels on this board have grown 10x since we started winning.

I've been lurking for quite some time and have noticed the level of intelligence has certainly dropped down a notch.

I love Joe Gibbs and think the world of the guy, but I also love the game of football in general and know when to take the B & G glasses off and think about things from other peoples perspectives.

All that really matters is HTTR!

why is anyone getting pissed that someone said belichick is better than gibbs? I think, at the very least, that it is a very debatable issue. I don't think I would say that he's better than gibbs, then again I don't think I would say he's worse than gibbs. He's an outstanding coach and it would not be ridiculous to view them in the same light, or mention them in the same sentence. Sure gibbs is already in the HoF, but thats nothing more than an issue of time. It's clear that Belichick will be there too when he retires. I really wouldn't get worked up over this. As far as offensive ingenuity and adaptiveness, I'd say bellichick has the upper hand. Let's face it, our offense this year is still less than impressive. As far as leadership and team chemistry, gibbs probably has the upper hand.

Archived