Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mike rate Belichick over Gibbs!!

jerrarde

On the Mike and Mike morning show, Golic and Greenturd said of the 8 coaches still in the playoffs..... Belichick is #1. This is insane. Gibbs is a Hall of Fame Coach witht the same amount of rings as Belichick. Gibbs also won with three different QB's. No Respect.

Belichick has to buy a ticket to walk into the canton Hall of Fame. Joe just walks in and says.... Show me my Greatness.

Right or Wrong guys??

You have to keep in mind that they said they put Belichek over Gibbs only because they are rating recent success in their equation.

Fact is, you have to put the man who has won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls first. Honestly, I am suprised that Golic's skin-hating butt actually allowed Gibbs that high. Keep in mind, he ensured Portis was ranked 4th and our D was ranked behind Carolina.

On the Mike and Mike morning show, Golic and Greenturd said of the 8 coaches still in the playoffs..... Belichick is #1. This is insane. Gibbs is a Hall of Fame Coach witht the same amount of rings as Belichick. Gibbs also won with three different QB's. No Respect.

Belichick has to buy a ticket to walk into the canton Hall of Fame. Joe just walks in and says.... Show me my Greatness.

Right or Wrong guys??

They did say the only reason they would pick Bellicheck ahead is because they are speaking of the present, and if you speak about the present Gibbs has yet to win a superbowl..

Right Now they are both 10-6 and a wildcard game win

Last season Belichek was Superbowl Champ, Gibbs 6-10

Bills team went down a notch, Gibbs team leaped forward.

So Gibbs lost all his knowledge, and coaching abilities during his absence????? :laugh:

With Age comes Wisdom.... Gibbs is the BEST,

They were basing it on "current" playoff coaching and I cant argue with them cause Belichick lately has been unstoppable. Gibbs is a very close #2 based off his total playoff record. 17-5

Now for them to rank the Redskins defense #3 behind the bears and carolina is unbeleivable. We are the #1 defense in the playoffs hands down!

Portis was ranked #4 on the playoff running backs..thats disputable as well. And finally Brunell as the #6 QB in the playoffs right now is pretty accurate..

Right Now they are both 10-6 and a wildcard game win

Last season Belichek was Superbowl Champ, Gibbs 6-10

Bills team went down a notch, Gibbs team leaped forward.

So Gibbs lost all his knowledge, and coaching abilities during his absence????? :laugh:

With Age comes Wisdom.... Gibbs is the BEST,

Nobody is saying Gibbs lost all his abilities.

They are talking about RIGHT NOW.

They've won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and are playing at a higher level than they were midseason just like us.

How you can consider this insulting to Gibbs is beyond me.

I get sick of hearing about Brady-Bellichek and the Pats in general just as much as everyone, but how anyone can possibly not give them the credit they are due is beyond me.

Of course I hope they lose, but lets be real here.

I apologize.... I caught the end of the rankings and didnt hear them say that they are judging off of recent success. However....Right now, this season.... Gibbs is Better. He has his team in the Playoffs with just ONE Receiver. His team is the hottest in the NFL right now, and I put this years team against any other team in the playoffs.

Yeah; I'd have to say for this year you gotta put him over Gibbs based on recent history. That's what they were shooting for. This year; not long term. I agree that whining about respect is just pointless. Football has a beautiful way of settling things. On the field! So when Gibbs wins the SB after being away from so many years he'll trump Belichick. Until then? Let him be. I think he's much more comfortable when people count him out. It brings out the best of his competitive juices.

Which, btw, is why I'm certifying a victory this week. We know the Def will come to play. Special teams are improving. And we also know that Gibbs and his crew on the Offensive staff haven't slept a wink after the TB game. We will be able to score 3 TD's on Seattle. Don't think they can do the same to us.

Nobody is saying Gibbs lost all his abilities.

They are talking about RIGHT NOW.

They've won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and are playing at a higher level than they were midseason just like us.

How you can consider this insulting to Gibbs is beyond me.

I get sick of hearing about Brady-Bellichek and the Pats in general just as much as everyone, but how anyone can possibly not give them the credit they are due is beyond me.

Of course I hope they lose, but lets be real here.

AGAIN RIGHT NOW

Gibbs is better as stated above. Plus like the previous post says... Gibbs is getting it done without a full compliment of players, he is using his knowledge to hide the weakness, exploit the other teams weaknesses, and play to our strengths.

being a homer isn't a bad thing, but this crap of people taking homerism to the extreme is getting old. Media can't say a single bad thing about us, even if it's true without a ton of people going ape **** about how we are disrespected. Some of you need to get a serious grip

Right or Wrong guys??

I rate the two mutts I have that I found roaming the beaches of West Palm Beach florida higher than MIke and Mike ...

snakes, the both of them.

AGAIN RIGHT NOW

Gibbs is better as stated above. Plus like the previous post says... Gibbs is getting it done without a full compliment of players, he is using his knowledge to hide the weakness, exploit the other teams weaknesses, and play to our strengths.

Look I'm not going to sit here and hate on Gibbs because I love the man like he is the grandfather I never met. I'm very pleased with the way he's turned things around and made these players believe they can win.

But come on now, do you really think Bellichek is working with a full compliment of players? They are missing a lot of guys too, especially in that secondary. PLUS, they play in the AFC.

Who is the better coach right now is up to debate, but to act like saying Bellichek is #1 is outright BS clearly shows you may need to take off the B&G glasses.

Obviously you have to rate Billichek #1 as he has won 3 of the last 4 super bowls. They gave Gibbs TONS of respect by ranking him #2. Lots of great coaches left in the playoffs right now.

Holmgren - 1 SB win, 2 appearances

Shannahan - 2 SB wins, 2 appearances

Cower - 1 SB appearance, great overall winning percentage

Dungy - Playoffs every year as a HC, I believe.

L.Smith - Current "Coach of the Year".

Fox - Turned a 1-15 team into a contender.

Portis was ranked #4. They were debating this as him possibly being #2 or #3. They lowered it because he was shut down last week vs Tampa Bay.

1. Alexander -- understandable considering his remarkable record setting season.

2. James

3. Denver running backs as a group

4. Portis

They rank us as the #3 defense in the playoffs, behind only Chicago and Carolina. Chicago is completely understandable and does deserve the #1 spot. Carolina.... I don't know why they rank them so high. I supposed they look at last week and overrate them.

People keep sayin how Bellichek has the same credentials as Gibbs, that's a lie, Bellichek has shown he can consistantly lead a Dynasty team to the SB and win in the playoffs with virtually the same team over and over. Gibbs has not, in fact the only time Gibbs got to the SB twice in a row he lost the second one.

But Gibbs has shown he can do something that others haven't, he has won the SB with 3 different teams(essentially), 3 Different QB's and a lot of different players.

I rate Gibbs greater that Bellichek simply because Gibbs has done something Harder, and untill Bellichek can prove he can do it with a different core set of players then I just don't think he is the better coach. But it is close and I can see how 2 morons that hate the Skins could get that backwards.

Come on guys. You can't argue that Belichick isn't a great coach. He's won 3 SB's. This year he deserves kudos after losing part of his coaching staff. I have no problem with the ranking. It could go either way. Belichick got the nod because he's won it more recently. Gibbs wins one this year or next, and he's the defacto greatest ever. Patience my little grasshoppers.

Tom Brady is so sharp, he can make any Head Coach look good. He has made up for other deficiencies on more than one occasion. Having said that, he did fumble against the Raiders in that Playoff game (the famous tuck play)during their first Championship season. The Raiders should have been playing in that Super Bowl. But the other years they did kick a&&. The guy is a great coach but I have to admit I would like to see his reign end.

Archived