Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We arent ready for the next level

dmauro1

I cant shake this asshat thing the moderaters gave me because I cant stop harping on Joe Gibbs. It's not that I'm negative, I just love the Skins(15 years) and think we are better than what people think.

Look at the NFC teams left. They arent that good and its possible for us to the run the table on G.Williams back alone. Chi gives our D a run for its money but if they had the TALENT on O(not execution)we have, they would be 14-2 for fun. Carolina is the same except our D is far better no matter what rankings say(our O loves to go 3 and out and put the D back out there as much as possible, dropping them in the rankings). Seattle is iffy, they might be for real or might not, but they struggled against some bad teams in some of their wins. If our O played up to their capability w/a squad including Portis, Santana, Cooley, and an O line full of great players like we have, we would be the fav. in the Seattle game(and NFC in general), no doubt.

We might still run the table in the NFC w/GW leading the way but we are no match for the AFC. My problem is, how are we going to get to the next level, like an Indy, NE(who are back), Den, ect. In the salary cap era, you cant get a much more talented squad on O and our D cant get much better than its been the last 2 years(which is great, top 5). Granted JG has made strides compared to last year, but I don't think he's going to get any more risky..lol..than he got this year.

Just imagine GW's D with a new hc/ O cord. that was cutting edge. We would be the next Indy because we have a ton to work with. Ramsey might run the show w/his arm or JC could step up and be the next McNabb. Besides this ball protection hasnt worked much w/Mark B. the last 1/2 yr, he turns it over every game anyway. I dont see what strides JG can make w/his thinking to get us to the next level.

Yeah, you are right....we should drop the greatest coach this franchise has ever had who has turned us into a playoff team in two years for some "cutting edge" coach who hasn't proved he can win in the NFL....

Keep wearing your hat...it fits real well

LOL!

I don't disagree that most if not all NFC playoff teams right now aren't ready for teams like New England, Indy and Denver...but I think we are getting close. I was all for seeing Campbell in 2007 and letting Brunell take the reigns for one more year, that was of course until the last couple of months. I don't think Brunell has lost his ability, but, like last year, I DO think he is playing injured and yet again won't say anything. After our success this year and having a fairly young group of very talented players, and as mentioned before, an incredible D under GW, I would love to see Campbell in atleast for the preseason, and hopefully as the starter next year.

It would be awesome to really watch him, Portis, Cooley, Moss, etc...grow together on the same team and become something special in this league.

He said he has been a Skins fan for 15 years. That means you jumped on in 1991. So you got to see the tail end of Gibbs I. Now in those 15 years how many times have the Redskins given you anything to be happy about. 1999 they made it to the playoffs and lost in the divisional round to the Bucs. We all know it was going to happen because of the fact that it was Norv Turner at the helm. 2000, we started hot and good ole Norvill ruined that one too. Now that Gibbs is back you want us to can him because he has brought us to the "next level" for this team and has them winning 6 in a row? Dude, honestly are you a sado masochist? Cause only a person that is a glutton for punishment would make such a ridiculous thread.

Honestly, are you REALLY a Skins fan?

Archived