Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin name: Latest Rumour

SimpleHawk

I just heard on the Fox Radio network that Fox will NOT use the word Redskin when referring to the Redskins due to its racist connotations. Instead they are going to just call them the 'Skins.

We are not just LACKING respect, now they're picking on our name!

This is from the network that brought you Joe Millonaire--i wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I think the name Seahawk is racist!!! It amazes me that White men can decide what is or is not politically correct. Most Native American Groups don't find it offensive!!

Yes I am white.

I agree. Redskin is NOT racist. Neither is YellowSkin or Blackskin. We have the greatest team in the NFL.

We have the #9 Defense. The #13 Offense. We're a GREAT roadteam (4 W - 4 L).

Yeah, I thought they had a poll where the mass majority of Native Americans didn't find the term "Redskins" or any other football team name like that offensive.

Isn't the very nature of racists marks "insulting"?

If it's not meant to insult people, then it's not racist.

Wasn't there a college basketball team in Wash. with the name "Whitey" or some name like that? It was meant to offend those who support Native American team names, to try and get their point accross.

I agree. Redskin is NOT racist. Neither is YellowSkin or Blackskin. We have the greatest team in the NFL.

We have the #9 Defense. The #13 Offense. We're a GREAT roadteam (4 W - 4 L).

Actually, we have the #11 offense. :)

And I agree that we are currently a great road team. Even though our 5-4 road record isn't stellar, we've won our last 4 road games. Excellent point. ;)

Archived