Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawk Kicker Josh Brown very, very confident

Griff

read the last paragraph in this story, Hasselbeck gives us respect saying "They are physical. They are going to make you pay," Hasselbeck said. "You may catch a ball and get a first down, but they are going to put a hit on you."

but then Brown's comment:

The Seahawks kicker recovered from his Washington miss to beat Dallas on the final play of regulation and the New York Giants in overtime.

"That was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Up to that point I had, knock on wood, never missed a game-winner," Brown said of the Redskins game, knocking on his wood-paneled locker.

"History's played out great for us. We're going into a game where the way our guys have been playing for the last 13 weeks, we should have no problem."

No problem, that's naive on his part if you ask me.

http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.aspx?id=4712

Well that's good for the kicker.

But Hassleback sees the real story. You think that little "they will make you pay" comment was just random talk?

No! It's because he can see the fear in his recievers eyes, and basicly he is calling them out in hopes that pride will over come their fears.

Which it will, they will play very brave........up until the first hit is laid in the game!

Then the fear will return!

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

I'm sure the team is aware of his comments let him think whatever and of all people a kicker :doh: then he goes on make probably the most stupidiest comment of the segment Hey you saw what Chris Simms did against their defense you just look and smile I like our chances now to me that is a complete slap in the face I do not know how you guys feel about it.

Well, when he kicks off someone on teams just needs to seek him out and level his ass. That will take care of that nonsense.

I'm not sure of everyone who's on our kickoff return unit, but I know Sellers and McCune play special teams. I'd love for them to seek him out, square up, lift him up and send him flying. Seriously, I agree with everyone else. A kicker may be a part of a football team because they do make the difference between winning or losing sometimes, but they have NO room to be talking crap.

read the last paragraph in this story, Hasselbeck gives us respect saying "They are physical. They are going to make you pay," Hasselbeck said. "You may catch a ball and get a first down, but they are going to put a hit on you."

but then Brown's comment:

The Seahawks kicker recovered from his Washington miss to beat Dallas on the final play of regulation and the New York Giants in overtime.

"That was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Up to that point I had, knock on wood, never missed a game-winner," Brown said of the Redskins game, knocking on his wood-paneled locker.

"History's played out great for us. We're going into a game where the way our guys have been playing for the last 13 weeks, we should have no problem."

No problem, that's naive on his part if you ask me.

http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.aspx?id=4712

Well... in my opinion, he just jinxed himself by using the "never" word. Just because he said that... (knock on wood or not) all bets are off. Murphy is gonna make him pay for that...

I would love to see Ledell blow by him on his way to the endzone and them have Josh pushed to the ground like the panther db's did to the Aint's recievers when they pick up Eli's pass's late in the game to take a 3 point lead. And nothing would be finer than to see this clown miss the game tying kick with no time on the clock.

I want a really physical game like Hasselbek said, b/c the Seahawks don't see that playing in the NFC West. If you can go out there and knock them around a few times, you will see a change in the way they play.

Who is Hass talking about? The Skins? Physical is what they do and who they are! No need to ACT physical. Try and "Act" physical for only a few plays and see what happens. The "headbangers ball" starts at 4:30 on Saturday. Don't be late Seattle! And by no means "Leave early." Its going to be a brain shaking party. Have fun.

Archived