Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawk Kicker Josh Brown very, very confident

Griff

Brown may be confident but Seahawks fans are far less so . . .

from a post on plastic.com within a thread about the playoffs:

as a Seahawk fan allow me to say ...

... those of us rooting for Seattle but have paid attention are scared.

It's wonderful that my friends and all those pundits are telling me that they think the Seahawks will play in the Super Bowl. But Seattle doesn't beat the Giants — in Qwest Field, no less — unless Jay Feely has that unexplained meltdown and misses three late field goals. They may not beat Dallas but for an ill-advised Drew Bledsoe pass that goes for an interception and game-winning field goal. And they have to foil a late two-point conversion against crummy Niners — the Niners, who probably couldn't beat either Rose Bowl team — to win that in regulation.

Is this the best Seahawks team in 20 years? Sure. But they've looked vulnerable lately. They have played without three top cornerbacks out injured and starting safety Ken Hamlin, knocked out for the season after a niteclub brawl. With the frontliners' absence, teams have passed for a lot of yards (albeit not scoring a lot of touchdowns), and this isn't exactly a formula for making it to the Super Bowl. The injured CBs are expected to return, but I'm not overly confident.

My prediction, quite bold, given the team we're discussing: Coming off a first-round bye, the Seahawks win their first playoff game in two decades, topping the Redskins 28-24 on three Shaun Alexander TDs. But they drop the NFC Championship to the Giants 20-17, as Feely redeems himself with an OT field goal. The very same pundits who unreasonably built up the Seahawks will question their supposed underachieving. And life will go on.

Well, the Giants didn't hold up their end . . . 3 TDs by Alexander? Here's what someone else posted in response . . .

The Seahawks are the worst 13-3 team in history. They played in the weakest division in the weakest conference in the league. They had the weakest schedule by far--opponent winning percentage of .430 including the 14-2 Colts who they didn't really play. They are to my mind worse than every AFC team that made the playoffs and at least two that didn't.

HTTR!

I would love to see Ledell blow by him on his way to the endzone and them have Josh pushed to the ground like the panther db's did to the Aint's recievers when they pick up Eli's pass's late in the game to take a 3 point lead. And nothing would be finer than to see this clown miss the game tying kick with no time on the clock.

Huh?????????????????????????

How about this... Truly unbelievable. As reported in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"You think about the way Tampa Bay played the game, and the way Chris Simms threw the ball and you look at Matt Hasselbeck and you think of what he has been doing all year. It puts a good smile on your face to think about our offense against their defense."

I heard this on CSN, and he really said it in a mocking tone, implying that Simms really picked apart our defense. And this, to go along with his earlier quote, "we should have no problem" defeating the Skins. The Seahawks and their fans truly seem overconfident heading into Saturday's game.

The Seahawks and their fans truly seem overconfident heading into Saturday's game.

Overconfident isn't the proper word. Overconfident assumes confidence has been misplaced. But none has. There is no chance, not even if we turn the ball over five times, the Seahawks could possibly lose at home to the racist Redskins.

Overconfident isn't the proper word. Overconfident assumes confidence has been misplaced. But none has. There is no chance, not even if we turn the ball over five times, the Seahawks could possibly lose at home to the racist Redskins.

racist Redskins? Did you come up with that compelling observation all by yourself?

troll

please go back to your other thread in tailgate, this is football discussion:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139223&highlight=racist+Redskins

Yes. From now on I will refer to the Racist Redskins only as RR.

Here's an example from this Sunday's paper:

"Seahawks 49 - RR 3"

I hope they ban your @ss, your not here to talk football, your here to flame that's all troll

:troll:

It must work based on a cookie on your system. All I get is a web page that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Right click on your name then select out of the drop down menu (find more posts by Simplehawk and voila you got it.

glad I could help :D

Archived