Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm pulling for Carolina, who's with me?

Dccat

last weeks games as far as TV rating went:

Redskins had a 16 point martet share for their game with competing ACC B-ball on in the Triangle.

Carolina scored a 22 without much else on. Make no mistake there Skins still have plenty of loyal fans in the North Carolina!

Gotta agree with this. Assuming the Skins win, I will be pulling HARD for the Powderpuddys to stick it to the Bears. The B&G invasion for the NFCCG in Carolina will be HUGE.... heck, arent most Panther fans former Redskins fans anyways? :)

Most Panthers fans that I know, pulled for the Skins:helmet:

Hold On, Dont get it twisted. I'm a Skins diehard,but when we WIN, and if the Panthers win I'll be able to see the Skins again.(was able to see Cowgirls game @ Fed Ex this year) I live in Atl , so its only 3hrs, and with all the Skins fans we have in the south that will be like a home game, we'll turn it into FED EX SOUTH.

:point2sky

I'll be there if this comes to pass.

Hail!

Carolina is a well balanced team that appears to be hitting on all strides. I believe that their balance will pose numerous problems for the Bears, especially for the inexperienced Rex Grossman.

So far in the playoffs, the loser of each game in the wild card round possessed a quarterback who was playing in his first postseason game.

The trend will continue in Chicago.

Carolina 20

Chicago 10

Hold On, Dont get it twisted. I'm a Skins diehard,but when we WIN, and if the Panthers win I'll be able to see the Skins again.(was able to see Cowgirls game @ Fed Ex this year) I live in Atl , so its only 3hrs, and with all the Skins fans we have in the south that will be like a home game, we'll turn it into FED EX SOUTH.

Amen. I live 3 hours from Charlotte and if the 'Skins and Panthers both win...I'm going to the game!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

I can't decide but Carolina would put a good large amount of the Redskins fans in the crowd. I think it would be hard for all those traitor Panther fans to root against their old hero Joe Gibbs.

But then again look at Gibbs track record in playoff games in Chicago. He beat the best Chicago team from the 80's and stopped their dynasty from happening 2 times in their house.

While Walsh and the 49ers were busy getting blown out by the Giants and Vikings in 86-87, Gibbs was taking care of dominant Bears teams on the road.

I just can't decide. Maybe Gibbs just owned Ditka and Ryan but the Bears today aren't much different than in the 80's except they aren't as good.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'd favor playing Carolina. I think it's a trade off that they have a tougher QB to face than Chicago, but DeShaun's (sp?) big day running on the Ignats was an anomaly IMO. I'll take that part of the trade-off and also avoid Chicago's D, not that it scare me either. Just looking for advantages.

The thing is, from what I've learned from this site about the skins faithful who can travel, I agree with those who suggest that a Carolina game will involve less of a home-field advantage and travel issue. That seems very worthwhile to me for that extra energy-life all the visible B & G and the cheering would give these tired and bruised guys to go and take that NFC championship.

Yeah I'd love to see the Panthers win, the REDSKINS beat Seattle, and then the REDSKINS play the Panthers in Charlotte. I'm a die-hard REDSKIN fan, never ever sold out to all the Panther hoopla, I've been to watch the REDSKINS play the Panthers in Charlotte before and the REDSKIN fans were out in force. the game was in 1997 and the REDSKINS won 24-10. :helmet: The other time I went was in 2003, and the Panthers won 20-17.

Here's a short game history between the two

1995 Carolina at Washington Washington 20 Carolina 17

1997 Washington at Carolina Washington 24 Carolina 10

1998 Washington at Carolina Washington 28 Carolina 25

1999 Carolina at Washington Washington 38 Carolina 36

2000 Carolina at Washington Washington 20 Carolina 17

2001 Carolina at Washington Washington 17 Carolina 14 ot

2003 Washington at Carolina Carolina 20 Washington 17

The REDSKINS are 6-1 vs the Panthers. Not bad.

I'd love to see the REDSKINS play the Panthers again, this time for the

NFC Championship and a trip to the Superbowl. I know REDSKIN fans in the Carolinas would be out in force. It would be great, the REDSKINS have tons of fans in the Carolinas, dare i say more than the Panthers, it would be great to show those Cats that the Carolinas are still REDSKIN country. :helmet:

Good luck in Seattle..GO REDSKINS !!!!!!!:wavetowel

Gotta agree with this. Assuming the Skins win, I will be pulling HARD for the Powderpuddys to stick it to the Bears. The B&G invasion for the NFCCG in Carolina will be HUGE.... heck, arent most Panther fans former Redskins fans anyways? :)

Off topic question, but something I've been wondering: if Die Hard is member number 2, and you're member number 3, and you're the two owners of the site, then who's member number 1?

THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS A JINX AND I DISAVOW ALL OF YOU GUYS AS BAD REDSKINS FANS!! We can't even think about the NFC Championship until we stop Alexander, see our offense transform itself into something other than that pathetic performance in Tampa (Lord, please put a long ball into Moss' hands for a few TDs and give that kid Cooley a few 12-yard screens and please please please Lord grant Coach Janky Spanky (Portis) a 200-yard rushing game), and force two or more turnovers.

Archived