Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm pulling for Carolina, who's with me?

Dccat

Hold On, Dont get it twisted. I'm a Skins diehard,but when we WIN, and if the Panthers win I'll be able to see the Skins again.(was able to see Cowgirls game @ Fed Ex this year) I live in Atl , so its only 3hrs, and with all the Skins fans we have in the south that will be like a home game, we'll turn it into FED EX SOUTH.

Gotta agree with this. Assuming the Skins win, I will be pulling HARD for the Powderpuddys to stick it to the Bears. The B&G invasion for the NFCCG in Carolina will be HUGE.... heck, arent most Panther fans former Redskins fans anyways? :)

I think either is a good situation for us. Chicago would be a better a "x's and o's" matchup but Carolina would give us an opportunity to have a lot of our fans down there. I think we have a great chance to win either of those games.

As far as Carolina's passing game -- doesn't really scare me. We can afford to put 24 on smith and give him help from 21..... there are no other wr who have proven themselves......if Rogers and Harris can't handle Drew Carter and Kerry Colbert then we don't deserve to win anyway......

Hold On, Dont get it twisted. I'm a Skins diehard,but when we WIN, and if the Panthers win I'll be able to see the Skins again.(was able to see Cowgirls game @ Fed Ex this year) I live in Atl , so its only 3hrs, and with all the Skins fans we have in the south that will be like a home game, we'll turn it into FED EX SOUTH.

If we get past the Hawks I'd rather play Chicago. We both have a strong D but the tie breaker is we have more play makers on offense (Moss, Portis, Cooley) than them (Muhammed). Add Brunells experience versus Grossman and I like the matchup.

Carolina are more balanced and Steve Smith is a legit playmaker.

GO CAROLINA! We MUST plan to invade Ericsson Stadium ahead of time. Save your money and get ready to go to Charlotte just in case. Carolina is full of Redskins fans and unfortunately many FORMER Redskins fans. I'm actually a real fan so I still am a Redskins fan. All Panthers fans over the age of 20 are not real football fans because they can't even stick with a team. We will show them what real fans are when we fill their stands. Maybe their ticketmaster password will be PANTHERSPLAYOFF. lol.

Didn't you all learn anything from the first weekend? Young QB's don't do well in the playoffs. Even if Grossman is able to beat Carolina, we'd be able to confuse him so badly that he practically gives the game away (don't believe me, see Tampa game). Thats why I seriously doubt that the Bears can beat the Panthers (but the Bears do have a dominant defense so they may be able to cover for Grossman). But if I've got a choice between the two teams, I want to go against the young buck instead of the Super Bowl QB.

Just my opinion.

heck, arent most Panther fans former Redskins fans anyways? :)

You're exactly correct, Eric. Growing up in SC and also living in NC as an adult, the Redskins were the thing. Now, when the Panthers came into existence, I was glad to see it and I do follow what they're doing. I am NOT, however, one of those who gave up on the B&G and ran to the Aqua Blue and Black. It could indeed be pretty crazy in Charlotte with a large number Redskins' fans, but I will say the Panthers would scare me more than the Bears.

BTW, DCCat, what part of Atlanta are you from? South Metro ATL here (Eagle's Landing)

You're exactly correct, Eric. Growing up in SC and also living in NC as an adult, the Redskins were the thing. Now, when the Panthers came into existence, I was glad to see it and I do follow what they're doing. I am NOT, however, one of those who gave up on the B&G and ran to the Aqua Blue and Black. It could indeed be pretty crazy in Charlotte with a large number Redskins' fans, but I will say the Panthers would scare me more than the Bears.

BTW, DCCat, what part of Atlanta are you from? South Metro ATL here (Eagle's Landing)

I'm from DC. but My job moved me to Atl. I live in Gwinnett Co. I heard lastweek that all ATL Skins fans watch the games @ the Bucket Shop @ Lenox.

Doesn't matter both teams are a copy of us. Both are built around the D first, then a punishing ground game, and then look for the deep pass to their respected big play WR.

Question is, Carolina has a little bit better O, while Chi. has a little bit better D, who do we match up best against? I for one don't care as we have the talent to beat both at their place. If I had to choose I'd take Chi. since we are more familiar with their personnel.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Definetely not. I'd much rather go to Chicago. I mean think about it. It'll be so windy the passing game will be almost non-existant, and with Grossman it wouldn't be much to start with. That forces them to run against our insane rush-defense. Then you put in a few screens to Moss and let Portis/Betts run the ball, we could pull out a win.

I think the team to beat for the NFC Championship is Carolina, granted they have showed an up and down performance during the season and they do have to beat the Bears in windy Chicago.

We have faced a shut down defense in Tampa Bay, which is much like the Bears, yet with an offense that is less capable of beating you than the Bucs. Pressure Grossman or their rookie QB, shut Thomas Jones down and put up about 20 points, that is the better chance.

One game at a time though! Go Skins!! Beat Seattle!!!

Think about this, if we go to Carolina to play there will be a huge amount of Redskin fans there. Remember that is still Redskin country. The Panthers just happen to be there these days!!LOL Plus the weather will be better for us. Chicago isnt much different than Green Bay!! I cheer for Carolina to beat the Bears this time.

:point2sky :seahawksu :bearsuck: :panthersu :point2sky

Its a tough choice. With Chicago, you get a team who has almost zero chance of scoring points on our defense. But you also get a Tampa-like defense for our offense to go against. And more importantly, you get a team who (like us) is extremely comfortable playing a game where neither team hits 20 points. Against a team like Seattle this week, I believe a low scoring close game greatly favors us since Seattle really hasnt played too many games like that against good teams. But Chicago has. And they've won most of them. At the same time, we've beaten Chicago in a close, low scoring game. So we can walk into the game knowing we can win. But playing at Soldier field is really tough.

Carolina is such a schizo team. One week, that team that couldnt put the Cowboys away to clinch a playoff spot shows up. The next, that team who beat the bejezus out of the Giants at the Medowlands shows up. The Skins can go in knowing that if Crappy Carolina shows up, we'll win and probably win without much trouble. But if Good Carolina shows up, we're facing a MUCH more dangerous team than Chicago can throw at us. Also, we havent played Carolina before, so we don't have that confidence boost from having beat them. But in our favor, their homefield advantage is A LOT weaker than Chicago's. For one, it will be 20 degrees warmer. That's nice. Also, there are tons of Redskins fans in the Carolinas and millions more within 1-day roadtrip distance. Our presence will be felt. And lastly, Carolina was only 5-3 at home while Chicago is 7-1, despite both teams ending up at 11-5. So clearly Chicago tends to play tougher at home.

Overall, I think I like the matchup with the Bears better. That game almost surely becomes a battle of who can get the big turnover at the big time. And with the way our defense is ballhawking and with our offense being led by a smart veteran while theirs is being led by a guy who has started less than 10 games in the NFL, I like the odds of them being the ones who make the big mistake.

I'm sort of split on this.

One the one hand, there would be a lot more Redskins fans at Carolina than there would be at Chicago. Also, with a game at Chicago there is always the possibility of some ridiculous weather like 8 degrees with snow.

On the other hand, we have already played Chicago this year, and Joe Gibbs' track record is he almost always does better against a team the second time he faces thime in a season. See all three divisional rematches plus the rematch with Tampa Bay. And if we beat Seattle by anything more than a figgie in OT, you would be adding that to the list, as well.

All in all, I'm not sure who to root for in that game. Of course, it won't mean a thing if the Skins don't win in Seattle...

Archived