Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hawks fans running scared?

Hemlock

So, we played the hand we were dealt, which didn't look so promising at the beginning of the year, and most of the time we won. I won't apologize for it.

You're right. Don't apologize for it. But at the same time, don't claim that your 13-3 record is something stunning, either, given how the competition actually turned out. Not that you specifically have, but many of the SEA fans here bring that point up.

Looking forward to a good game this weekend.

Redskins 27, Seahawks 17

susitnagal

NET Starter

(1/8/06 7:15:30 pm)

Reply Re: **** YOU ALL YOU REDSKIN MOTHER****ERS!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read this one over at Extremeskins:

"I'd love to see how the national media reacts if their darling Seattle is beaten."

Where the **** did that come form?? Seahawks media darings???! Every Skins game I've seen this year has been drowned out by the sound of the announcers sucking on thier coach and players Hell, even when the other team is winning they are blathering on about how ****ing great the players are or how Gibbs is the second coming of Lombardi. Thank god for the mute button! (Thats national broadcast not local!)

I was really hoping TB would stomp them out of the playoffs so I would not have to hear how ****ing great they are again

No wonder (most of) thier fans are so dillusional!

Wow. I didn't realize the media loved us so much.

Seahawk fans have no room to talk. Until they beat a real team, they can shut up. The only teams they faced were J-ville and the 'Skins and they lost them both. All the other teams they beat over .500 were NY Giants (we beat them), Dallas (we swept them), and Indy (home field locked up, starters resting, no Dungy on the sideline). This is not a tough team.

Now right there is some truth. Like it or not.

HTTR!

We don't seem to have any problem entertaining Seahawks fans now do we?

I registered for their board here http://www.stateoffootball.com

I received my confirmation link via email and logged in. I got to read exactly 3 threads before my ID was removed. :laugh: I had not planned to post, just lurk and see what the prevailing sentiment was.

If I were to post something it might be to point out how many incredibly poor teams they played this year to win their division.

Call it what you will... I predict an upset that will have the sports wags stammering for weeks.

Hail to the Redskins!

funny it happened to me as well.Guess the don't like any other points of view.

Our schedule was based on LAST season's results, and we were given something like the 7th toughest schedule in the NFL because unlike you, we actually made the playoffs last year. As a -- what? 5-11? -- team last year, it was you who were given the creampuff schedule. Again, based on last years stats.

At the start of the year, many pundits thought the NFC West was going to be so tough that we were going to place 3rd behind the media darling AZ Cardinals (who many picked to win the div) and the Lambs. Some even thought the Whiners would give us a run for our money and we'd place last.

So, we played the hand we were dealt, which didn't look so promising at the beginning of the year, and most of the time we won. I won't apologize for it.

Stop scrambling. Take a deep breath and rethink before you post next time. What you just wrote is absolute drivel.

Look around this board and you'll see just about every thread filled about the stupid strength of schedule b.s. I just picked this one becuase this where I finally got frustrated with the stupidity of the argument. Even now, you want to fight about the fight.... lord what does it take to get you guys to talk about the f'ing game?

What team did the hawks lose to last?

This game is not going to be a walkover, as every Seattle fan expects. I think the fact the Skins offense played conservative in Tampa Bay (to keep the lead), plus every football expert is picking the Seahawks to win (due to their weak schedule), and how their offense moved the ball on these teams are the factors in the fans feeling as though the Redskins will be a cakewalk. Confidence in winning this game is hopefully what the Seabreezes players are feeling themselves, overconfidence and that suits me just fine!

If I were to post something it might be to point out how many incredibly poor teams they played this year to win their division.

Call it what you will... I predict an upset that will have the sports wags stammering for weeks.

Hail to the Redskins!

as i said earlier they got 6 wins from their division and 3 from ours and the skins got 5 from our division and 4 from theirs ....

can someone plese tell me where the weakness is at ?

cause i dont see it !!!

"Not idiots, homers. You don't think it's that way? I talk on a lot of boards across the NFL, on some, you post some stats, you get a lot of people talking football with ya. On this board -- and if you look at my profile you'll see I've been coming here for several years "

This guy obviously spends far too much time on the computer. He also seems to envy every other team in the league.

Our schedule was based on LAST season's results, and we were given something like the 7th toughest schedule in the NFL because unlike you, we actually made the playoffs last year. As a -- what? 5-11? -- team last year, it was you who were given the creampuff schedule. Again, based on last years stats.

At the start of the year, many pundits thought the NFC West was going to be so tough that we were going to place 3rd behind the media darling AZ Cardinals (who many picked to win the div) and the Lambs. Some even thought the Whiners would give us a run for our money and we'd place last.

Ummm...you need to learn a little more about the NFL and scheduling. It runs on a pattern, ever since the re-shuffling of the teams. Besides...if we were given a "creampuff" schedule, as you attest, then by your own admission the NFC West is a "creampuff" division. ;)

Seattle Trolls,

I know us 'Skins fans don't have the ability to "analyze stats", so I figured I would put this one out there and let you analyze it. Get back to us whenever you can...

Gibbs. 17-5 playoff record. 3 Super Bowls.

Holmgren. 9-8 playoff record. 1 super bowl.

Seattle hasn't won a playoff game in over 20 years. Hasselbeck is 0-2 in the playoffs. Sound like a recipe for success? I know I would be nervous as hell if I was up in Seattle, probably nervous enough to troll around a 'Skins message board under the guise of being a good sport, but truly searching for some reassurance heading into the game. You will find none here. It's been said before, but I will say it again, Never EVER bet against Joe Jackson Gibbs.

HTTR

P.S.-- Your franchise is a joke.

it was you who were given the creampuff schedule. Again, based on last years stats.

Your lack of football knowledge is stunning. Our schedule, REGARDLESS of who makes it up, will ALWAYS consist of 2 games against the Rams/49's/Cardinals.

So you are complaining about the remaining 10 games. Which consisted of the ENTIRE NFC EAST - your division - of which we lost ONLY to the Redskins and ONLY in OT and at YOUR STADIUM.

So you MUST be complaining about the other 6 games we played.

That included playing the AFC South division. Yet I don't see anyone complaining that the COLTS had it easy in that division. And once again we ONLY lost ONE game in the AFC South - to the Jags in Week 1.

So you MUST be complaining about the other 2 games we played.

1) The meaningless, we already clinched home field advantage game versuse the Packers

AND

2) The WIN against the 8-8 (1-0 at the time) Falcons.

Come Saturday night I will be all over this board gloating (in a nice respectable way). There is literally no chance (regardless of what anyone says) of the Seahawks losing to the Redskins anemic offense and # 9 Defense.

Your lack of football knowledge is stunning. Our schedule, REGARDLESS of who makes it up, will ALWAYS consist of 2 games against the Rams/49's/Cardinals.

So you are complaining about the remaining 10 games. Which consisted of the ENTIRE NFC EAST - your division - of which we lost ONLY to the Redskins and ONLY in OT and at YOUR STADIUM.

So you MUST be complaining about the other 6 games we played.

That included playing the AFC South division. Yet I don't see anyone complaining that the COLTS had it easy in that division. And once again we ONLY lost ONE game in the AFC South - to the Jags in Week 1.

So you MUST be complaining about the other 2 games we played.

1) The meaningless, we already clinched home field advantage game versuse the Packers

AND

2) The WIN against the 8-8 (1-0 at the time) Falcons.

Come Saturday night I will be all over this board gloating (in a nice respectable way). There is literally no chance (regardless of what anyone says) of the Seahawks losing to the Redskins anemic offense and # 9 Defense.

Are you stupid or something?? His handle is "bluengreen." Yeah, really sounds like a Redskin fan...:doh: :doh: :doh:

here is my 2 cents.

sos can give a vision of the team to a point. but at this point its all mute. also someone said we lost to the raiders. yes we did but the raiders also had a very hard schedule. thye had a sos of 539 so they could have been 13-3 with a 440 sos as well.

now for this game comming up lets talk football. both of these teams are playing much better than they did when we first met. The key to this game will be 2 things. stopping the run and third downs. How did we beet the seahawks the first time? third downs. we converted almost every third down. we kept the ball out of there hands and u saw how close the game was . Also u see the 98 yards by alexander against us. thats also a little decieving because he got 40-50 yards on 1 carry so really he was 50 yards on 19 carries. thats why we won. now our defense is playing much better. we have limited the big plays and generated turnovers . we are getting pressure with a front 4 letting us do more things which results in more turnovers hence the lbs ints against tampa. they were all genrated by front 4 pass ruch.

Next the seahwaks are good against the run as well. mportis only avg 3/7 yards a carry. but thats when he was healthy. i think betts needs to be a huge factor. the problem for the seahwaks is they have a poor passing defense. we exposed that in our first game. we hit many 3rd and longs and the 30 yard pass to moss to setup the field goal was just poor coverage.

so when u look at it both teams have some keys they need to do. the seahwaks need to run alexander. they need to control the clokc like we do. otherwise i think moss will burn them all day. next the seahwaks need to protect hassleback. after that the seahwaks need to be able to prevent the skins from getting first downs on third down. if we win the battle of the clokc we will have a really good chance at winning

the skins need to convert 3rd downs, 28 percent over tha last 2 weeks will not due it against the seahawks. we were like 70 percent the first time we played and we avg over 40 for the year. we need a 40 or better type of day. now the skins need to play the d we have plyed for 4-5 games. thats the hit u and the mouth d. if we play like last week this game will be very hard for the seahawks to win. unless we only get 120 yards of offense again

must note that the top 3 teams on the list of least yards fpor a playoff win went on to win either the superbowl or the championship( befor there was a super bowl). thats why i am confident that with our d we are a capable team. if the shorten the field it makes it easier to score. so don;t look at the 120 as oh our o sucks. i say look at the 33.5 points we were avg comming in to last weeks game against the number 1 d and the 50 we threw up on the 49er's in a little ovber 2 quarters. the skins are explosive but streaky.

this all adds up to one hell of a game and i am glad thet GIBBS has brought us back to this point. its been a rough 13 years GIIBBS. Glad ur back

Also some trivia for u guys

seahwks are 0-4 against the skins

if gibbs wins out and wins the superbowl he will tie tom landry with the most playoff wins at 20.

Seattle Trolls,

I know us 'Skins fans don't have the ability to "analyze stats", so I figured I would put this one out there and let you analyze it. Get back to us whenever you can...

Gibbs. 17-5 playoff record. 3 Super Bowls.

Holmgren. 9-8 playoff record. 1 super bowl.

Seattle hasn't won a playoff game in over 20 years. Hasselbeck is 0-2 in the playoffs. Sound like a recipe for success? I know I would be nervous as hell if I was up in Seattle, probably nervous enough to troll around a 'Skins message board under the guise of being a good sport, but truly searching for some reassurance heading into the game. You will find none here. It's been said before, but I will say it again, Never EVER bet against Joe Jackson Gibbs.

HTTR

P.S.-- Your franchise is a joke.

I'll see that and raise you one, heres some more stats for those trolls:

Redskins in the 6 game winning steak has outscored opponents 159-79.:notworthy

Redskins in that stretch have 6 giveaways and 19 takeaways for a +13 turnover margin.

3 of those 6 were against winning record teams.

Seattle hasnt even played 3 all year. (cant count Indy):doh:

I do believe we are way better now than we were the first time we played Seattle. Our offense will be fine against Seattle. TB's D was one of the best in the league (behind ours ofcourse). And ofcourse I dont need to say anything bout our D.

Strength of schedule and all other arcaine variables aside, this game is simple. Stop Alexander, and you stop the Seahawks, or at least cripple their offense. In the last game we succeeded in keeping Alexander bottled up for most of the game. The big run hurt, but really that is less of a killer than letting your opponent run consistently on you. At the time we had a penchant for giving up big runs to that side. His name was Warrick Holdman. He will not play much this week.

If the Skins can stop Alexander from consistently moving the chains this week, then we have a very good shot at winning. I believe they will do that.

Archived