Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn SportsNation game discussion @ 1:30

wsniper1

His comment about their TE abusing Ryan Clark pissed me off.

We've played Shockey twice, Jason Witten twice, Tony Gonzalez, and Antonio Gates. None of them have done a thing against us.

Matt, whatever his name is, has got to be the clown of the century. His 'analysis' is based on gut feeling without doing any research. Fact is we've already beat this seattle team this year - without Lavar playing more than 1 or 2 plays (packages:D ) ... LA is back which means that we'll play 4-3 pretty much the entire day. Also expect at least one safety in the box as well. Brunnel is not going to throw for 40 yds and Portis will not run for 50 yds. That's my bet. In any event our defense has 10 of 11 starters (wynn is out), thus we're actually in the healthiest shape of the season. A little homework will tell bafoons that we match up well with seattle. I'm looking forward to this one.

I want a job at ESPN.

So does my dog, but they gave him that whole "over qualified" song and dance ..... well excuse us for living.

I do agree with him on a few things...compared to Seattle we are tired and somewhat depleted, its gonna take a lot of heart to win this one man ...

Wow. That's the most ridiculous chat I've ever read. The hell is this guy?

I mean, it's going to be a tough game... and while I think the Seahawks have the upper hand, keep in mind that

1. The Redskins already beat them once, and

2. They lost their home playoff game to the Rams last year (home-field advantage my butt), and

3. They have the weakest strength of schedule of all the remaining playoff teams.

Please. It's one thing to predict a 20-17 win, or a shootout win, but wtf?

Nothing this guy has said is outrageous. Seattle has a ton of advantages in this game. We're gonna have to play a heck of a game to hang with them.

But if anyone can get this group to play a heck of a game, it's Gibbs. :)

I'm with Henry. This guy is making good points and backing them up. The 'Skins are rightfully underdogs this time around.

While we're at it, please remember, everyone, that we are underdogs from here on out. Whether or not you agree, we were the 6th seed in our division. Our team has demonstrated everything from blowing away the competition to playing down to a weak opponent and losing at home. Seattle has played pretty darned consistently all year long. We beat them early this year, and they have only gotten better since, while we've been on a roller coaster ride.

I believe the 'Skins have everything they need to win this game. My only question is whether or not they're able to bring it for a 7th week in a row....

GO 'SKINS!!!! Super Bowl XL Bound!!!!!!!!!!!

How long are they going to stick with this mantra? Carlos is back, Springs is back, we're virtually back to full strength, not to mention no one has taken advantage of our so-called "depleted secondary." Ah well.

Exactly.

Basically everyone who isn't on IR is going to play next week.

This whole idea that we are an injury riddled team is another misinformed myth from the media.

Eric (Seattle)

Gosh. These DC fans are really taking your well-researched, expert and professional prediction of the game personally. Aren't they?

MATT WILLIAMSON

Sure are, but that is what makes is great. Some of the best fans in the country and they bring up some good points.

best fans in the country. HAIL!

After watching the skins game on saturday they dont look tired to me....this is the time of year most gibbs teams are peaking and they are doing it again this year...i guess just because they have played one more game that seattle they are a tired and injury depleated team...and we only have two starters out wynn/thomas.

His comment about their TE abusing Ryan Clark pissed me off.

We've played Shockey twice, Jason Witten twice, Tony Gonzalez, and Antonio Gates. None of them have done a thing against us.

Maybe he'll be just too "fatigued" to make any plays. Don't sleep on Clark, he's little guy but a big hitter.

There are some good points made in the chat but he basically concludes that the Redskins don't stand a chance because they are going to be "fatigued" from winning six games in a row and traveling cross-country. That's a little ridiculous. I believe I read somewhere that the Redskins usually practice hard in full pads? If they do, then physically they are probably just hitting their stride. Remember the end of last year? On paper, the Skins can match up to Seattle, with Seattle probably holding a slight edge with a healthier RB. This "fatigued" premise will not hold up. If the team plays like it has been for the past six weeks, they will win, bank on it!

Nothing this guy has said is outrageous. Seattle has a ton of advantages in this game. We're gonna have to play a heck of a game to hang with them.

But if anyone can get this group to play a heck of a game, it's Gibbs. :)

Except for the "depeleted secondary" comment, I'm with you Henry. He was actually pretty much spot on (except for the Skins are going to lose comments :silly: ).

The Skins and Gibbs will have to put together one of the masterful performances of the ages to win this one...another SB22 2nd-quarter type performance. There can be no "sitting on the lead" in this game...if the Skins take the lead, they have GOT to go for jugular...no run run pass punt in this one. Its not going to work.

I expect a highly-aggressive offensive game plan from the Skins...and a similar game-plan as in Tampa on defense. Sit back and let Hasselbeck beat you, and rely on the front 7 to contain Alexander. Williams may have to change that as the game progresses, but it will work in the beginning. He may cheat Taylor over to the weak-side, to help in run support (the Hawks love to run at Hutchinson and Jones), or possibly Clark. We will see.

Ladies and gents, this will be a game for the ages. Skins 31 - Hawks 28, in a thriller!!

No big deal. The guy does make some good points. I disagree with him, but I think his assessment is consistent. The only question he danced around was "What quality game have Seahawks won." Indeed there is not a single quality game one could point to. All games against tough opponents have been close or lucky for Seattle. We have shown to be an "offensive juggernaught" against SF as well :)

Can some explain to me the significance that a cross-country flight has on a team? Do a few extra hours in a plane realy make that big of a difference?

Anyway, this kind of chat is just going to make it that much sweeter if we can pull this off...

Can some explain to me the significance that a cross-country flight has on a team? Do a few extra hours in a plane realy make that big of a difference?

Anyway, this kind of chat is just going to make it that much sweeter if we can pull this off...

From West to East it can really hurt a football team. From East to West(like we are doing) it has a smaller effect, still jet-lagged but not nearly as much.

We are gaining three hours on the way there, losing three hours of prep time on the victorious way home.

I think this guy was actually pretty good. He's picking the favorites, which isn't so suprising. Make no mistake we are the underdogs, but we are going to win anyway.

Our secondary may not be depleted, but it's banged up. The injury that is going to make the most difference in this game is the injury to portis. He is not healthy and may be limited this week. I hope I'm wrong about that.

I agree with Henry, though his comments about our depleted secondary are a bit hard to comprehend. He really should check the news now and again.

And by the way, I am getting tired of when the question about scheduling is posed, the response being something along the lines of "it's not the Seahawks' fault they got a weak schedule from the NFL. They didn't ask for that...". No one is saying it's Seattles fault. Just making an observation that they had an easy schedule. Now, if someone would actually address it instead of dancing around it...

Archived