Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Brunell could get healthy, the Skins would make the Superbowl

GSF

I'm thrilled with the wins, and I understand and agree with everything the coaching staff has done, but I really would love to see how the Skins would be playing if Brunell was playing like he did earlier in the season.

Is this a case of "it is what it is" with Brunell's knee, or is he in the process of recovery? Early in the Bucs game, I thought he looked a little stronger than he did at Philly, but as the game went on, he just didn't look strong or confident. Any chance that Brunell gets some strength back for Seattle. I feel like if he does, we can upset the Seahawks. I don't think the Seahawks defense is near as good as the Bucs, and if Brunell can make a few good throws early, the Skins should be able to get the running game rolling. Thanks for any comments...

Since the knee injury, Brunell has had ratings of 52 and 25 against the Eagles and Bucs, respectively. He has been a combined 16 of 41 passing the football.

I can understand a conservative gameplan against the likes of defenses such as the Eagles and the Bucs. My problem is that Brunell has failed to execute even in the limited throwing opportunities he has had since the injury.

Thankfully, our defense has combined to create 9 turnovers over the course of the last two ballgames. That, IMO, has been the main reason behind our success over the course of the last two ballgames.

In summation, as long as we continue to run the football effectively and create scores/turnovers defensively, we can play with anyone. I am alot less confident about our chances if we have to rely upon our passing game to win a football game.

People also keep overlooking the fact that Brunell played fine against the Eagles, but now he's somehow hurt again.

Brunell's stats against the Eagles:

52.3Rating 9 25 36.0 141YDS 1TD 1INT

Brunell did not play "fine" against the Eagles. Fortunately, we were able to benefit from Portis running the football in addition to 6 turnovers created by the defense.

Brunell's stats against the Eagles:

52.3Rating 9 25 36.0 141YDS 1TD 1INT

Brunell did not play "fine" against the Eagles. Fortunately, we were able to benefit from Portis running the football in addition to 6 turnovers created by the defense.

See post #10. He's not hurt.

People keep wanting to overlook that, for some bizarre reason. I don't get it.
People also keep overlooking the fact that Brunell played fine against the Eagles, but now he's somehow hurt again.

Why do you guys keep refering to me as "people"? I haven't disrespected you, and I'm not sure why you feel the need to disrespect me.

As to Brunell, I'm pretty sure he's not wearing that big old knee brace for the hell of it. He's been able to complete a few long balls thanks to some great adjustments to the ball by Moss, but other than that everything has been 15 yards or less. When was the last time you saw Brunell complete a 25 yard strike over the middle or deep out? The mid range passing game has been non existent b/c Brunell can't put any heat on the ball.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying to play Ramsey, or anything like that. Like I said in the first post, I agree with and understand how Gibbs is handling the situation. I'm just asking if there is a chance of Brunell being any stronger next week than he's been in recent weeks. If you guys can't see that he's not the same as he was earlier in the season, you should go back and rewatch some of the games.

Additionally people need to remember that Gibbs went into uber conservative mode after going up +14. That's just what he does. He likes to strangle teams with a lead. Even Moss mentioned that they would have been a lot more agressive if they hadn't gone up early. Now when you combine that philosophy with the #1 defense...there ya have it. A win. :)

Brunell IS HURT.

Watch the Eagles game again and listen to the part when the announcers mention Brunell complaining about his knee and how it limits him!!!!!!!!!!!

They said the same thing last year and we all know now that he was indeed injured last year.

I love the Skins, but we're not quite a superbowl team this year, not with three road games. I think the road ends for us in Seattle, because they're rested and a solid all-around team. Win or lose, it's been a hell of a ride these past six weeks.

I agree with this, but I think if Brunell could regain his form from earlier in the season, I don't think anyone in the NFC could beat us.

Archived