Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Young bashing Coach Gibbs!!!

gibbsteam

Young picked us to win, but that was a joke yesterday, Brunells ARM IS DONE

Did you guys see that throw where Moss was open on third down 15 yards , Brunell threw the ball into the ground , it was like when i throw. His legs must not be giving him any arm strength.

He looked so fresh in pre season, so awful now. Ramsey to Moss looks real good now

Sorry man, but apparently you know nothing about what is called "quarterback hurries". Whoever was coming from Brunell's left influenced the way he threw the ball and he could not put anything on it. I'm sorry. Some of you guys are are clueless.

I watched the show too and all of them were giving the skins credit for thier win. Steve Young said that Gibbs needs to stop sitting on leads and I can agree with that. He also said what a big statement the Skins made by going on the road in the playoffs and win with their defense alone but if they expect to beat Seattle, they cannot have another offensive performance like they did against the Bucs.

It's not as bad as you are making it. I love the skins as much as any fan and I want them to win. But I see nothing wrong in recognizing the problems that the team has and addressing the concerns.

Steve Young is a piece of Sh*t and would've been nothing without his superstar WR's and TE. It doesn't matter how you do it in the playoffs, as long as you do it.

Amen to that brother, but don't forget the fact that with all of those great players and that great system, he only has one title. How did he get into the hall so early?

Our playoff "WIN" over the Bucs wasn't about fooling anybody on Offense...

It was about "Busting" people in the mouth and making plays!!!

I'll take everybodys bad opinions over the win... It doesn't have any salt!

Winners tell jokes...

Losers scream, deal the cards...

Its funny that this team can adapt their opponents style of play and beat them. Defensive stuggle? Yeah, we'll do that and beat the #1 defense. Shootout? Yeah, look at the Giants game. Bring it Seahawks.

Completely agree here. The 05-06 Skins are a team that can adapt to the game. If we have to run it down your throat 80s Gibbs style, fine. If we have to trade blows through the air, thats cool too. Yesterday was ugly, but we adapted to the game. Sure, when you go up 14-0 everyone would like to see a blowout, but against the #1 ranked D, on the road, that aint happening.

Young actually seems pretty pro-Skins despite what a bunch of us are saying. This morning he was talking about how there was no reason why we could not go to Seattle and beat them on Saturday. This comment was greatly opposed by TJ of course, whom I think is the most anti-Skin of the ESPN crew. When asked by TJ on whether he really thought that the Skins could win in Seattle, Irvin said something like, "Hey its not time for that yet." This made it sound like he is undecided and therefore is giving the Skins a chance.

A lot of people are criticizing this crew, but the only person IMO that seems to not like the Skins is TJ. All year he has not taken the Skins for granted. But Young and Irvin aren't bad at all to me and I don't get how Chris Berman could be anti-Skins at all considering that he doesn't really say anything throughout the entire broadcast except for the highlights.

:2cents:

Steve Young was always OK with me as long as he had a helmet on and a plastic guard in his mouth. As soon as they put him behind a desk in a tie (and WHO is dressing him!?) he showed himself to be an idiot and he didn't disappoint yesterday. :jerk: TE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-DIOUS! As for Michael Irvin---hey, spit happens---spit DIS!

Its funny that this team can adapt their opponents style of play and beat them. Defensive stuggle? Yeah, we'll do that and beat the #1 defense. Shootout? Yeah, look at the Giants game. Bring it Seahawks.

EXACLTY! That's what I've been saying. We'll take the opportunites given. If they want to play tough D we'll play even harder. They want a shootout, let's see who shoots better. Gibbs will take whatever situation or opportunities he's given and find ways to beat you.

When folks say stuff like "I expect the haws to steamroll over the redskins"... I go like, HUH??? ... for starters, when was the last time seatle beat us??? ... did we not play seatle earlier this year? did Mr. MVP gain 100yds? NO. Did Lavar play in that game? NO. Yet somehow, seatle is a better team than washington. Personally, I feel we match up better with Seatle than any of the remaining NFC teams. I'd rather play in Seatle than have to go to the windy city (chi-town) or go against NYG with all the weapons they have in NY. ... but that's just me.

When folks say stuff like "I expect the haws to steamroll over the redskins"... I go like, HUH??? ... for starters, when was the last time seatle beat us??? ... did we not play seatle earlier this year? did Mr. MVP gain 100yds? NO. Did Lavar play in that game? NO. Yet somehow, seatle is a better team than washington. Personally, I feel we match up better with Seatle than any of the remaining NFC teams. I'd rather play in Seatle than have to go to the windy city (chi-town) or go against NYG with all the weapons they have in NY. ... but that's just me.

Absolutely, I'd much rather go to Seattle than Chi-town or the meadowlands. Sorry but the Seahawks just don't strike fear in my heart.

I want to know why, in the postgame comments, did NOT ONE single of the 4 men mention ANYTHING good about the Redskins. They didnt even talk about our defense. It was just Steve Young showing hes an idiot, along with 3 other idiots.

"You cant win in the playoffs with only 120 yards of offense"

Hello Steve, we just did. You are an idiot.

When your defense had held the opponent to an average of 4 points in the entire 2nd half over the last 6 games, you can afford to sit on a lead.

I hate the run-run-pass as much as anyone, but as long as the D is playing lights out in the 2nd half, nobody can beat us.

Also, keep in mind that Clinton Portis sat out for a large portion of the game. We are never going to have a big offensive day against the #1 defense without him in the game.

Exactly... :applause:...And I thought about how the Skins held their opponents to an average of 3.6 points in the second half of the last five games, and thought with a lead of 17-3 in the second half the Bucs won't win because the Skins defense won't let them score 15 points in the second half (they had only allowed one TD in the second half of the 5-game winning streak so far). The only way the Bucs win is if the Skins start turning the ball over, special teams play breaks down, or there are injuries on the defensive unit.

And for the record, the Giants are losing to Carolina 10-0...at home.

Manning is 4/8 for 36 yards, and "MVP Possibility" TiKi Barber is 8 carries for 28 yards. They have 57 total yards on offense at halftime. Anyone think the guys at ESPN will laugh at Coughlin, Manning and Barber's results? Or will they continuously point out how Carolina has the #3 defense in the league?

Archived