Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who else thinks Cartwright should be ahead of Betts on the depth chart?

MikeSellers45

I have to disagree with this thread...

Ladell Betts is a good back and he returns kicks! I think Betts could start for other teams!!! I like him and think if we didn't have Portis... Betts would be the man. As it sits now, Betts is a great "change of pace" back. He's had some injury problems to work through this year... that's why he hasn't been in there alot...

Personally, I think we need to get a Top Quality WR to go along with Moss!

Betts is a bum and as done very little this year. On the few rushes Cartwright has had this year, he has been awesome. He should be #2 on the depth chart.

I say we get rid of Betts and Walt Harris in the offseason.

As nicely as I can put it.... DIE..

Rock - Average YPC - 4.5 lifetime

Betts - Average YPC - 4.0 lifetime

If you only look at the stats, Rock has better numbers overall.

I like Rock, but I like Betts also...They are both good backs with lots of heart and determination.

Me too. Betts 100% Anytime we hand-off to a back headed straight up the field and he gets hit but keeps on pounding forward, it is always Betts running the ball. He is surprisingly quick and strong at the point of contact. He does fumble a bit too often, that is the only negative in my opinion.

I'd rather betts than Rock simple because Betts seems to be a better a blocking back and a very good change of pace back for Portis.

Rock is to small and he has fumbled.

Well, actually, so has Betts.....several times.

HOWEVER, I think Rock is a good utility back. I wish he carried the ball more,..as I think he can contribute more..... but it is what it is.

I hope he gets a contract this year......and stays a SKIN. I do NOT want to see him in any other colors.

Blondie

Shutup. Betts kept us in that Tampa game with the kickoff return TD. He's a good #2 RB.

Back up.

You do NOT have to tell ANYONE to shut up.

EVERYONE can express his opinion.

Learn that NOW and you will have a better time on this board.

Blondie

Betts is a bum and as done very little this year. On the few rushes Cartwright has had this year, he has been awesome. He should be #2 on the depth chart.

No way. Betts is a good back and a nice change of pace to Clinton. Rock is great depth and has done really well when given opportunity but does not have the skills of Betts. It would be a reach going with Rock as the primary back up to Clinton.

I'd rather betts than Rock simple because Betts seems to be a better a blocking back and a very good change of pace back for Portis.

Rock is to small and he has fumbled.

Fumbling is part of the game...name one back that hasnt fumbled the ball!! That statment is ridiculous. Also look at the size of Barry Sanders one of the best, if not the best in the game!!

Why would it be a reach to have Rock as CP's backup? When Betts was out, Rock flourished in the very little carries he got. While Betts has had a few nice runs this year, I still think Cartwright is better. He has everything Betts has, plus he is shorter so it is hard for people to see him.

Betts in not a bum.

He hasn't done much because we have not ask much from him. Portis has been doing all the work.

If my mind serves me correctly, last week, in Philly, when Portis was hurt, Betts came in and tore one right up the middle for 15 yrds.

Hail!:point2sky

:cheers:

are you kidding??? betts is so cool, i think hes great! he is a perfect series replacement for protis, i like cartwright too, but maybe the coaches have betts ahead of him for a reason, God only knows why gibbs brought Brunel:rolleyes:, his depth chart descisions must be terrible too

Yup, Betts is a tall, big tough dude, he's nice to have when Portis needs a breather... Cartwright is the same only smaller

I'm not so sure you can call a guy on spends 2x as much time on the injury list than on the practice and game field as tough.

I do think that if Betts ever stays healthy he will become a very good back. I think both he and cartwright should get a couple carries a game just to spell CP.

Archived