Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Moss Return Punts in the Playoffs?????

kingdaddy

Here is all you need to know:

Santana Moss: 11.5 career regular season PR avg, 2 TDs (had another in the postseason, I believe)

Antonio Brown: 5.5 career regular season PR avg, 0 TDs

Anyone who thinks these guys are "even," or that "Brown is just as explosive as Santana" is simply wrong.

Be honest, have you ever seen Antonio Brown put a move on anyone? I sure haven't. He's got unbelievable speed, and I love him as a KR. But on punts, you have to be able to do more than just run fast in a straight line. Santana is by far the best PR we have, and needs to be back there at least a few times this weekend.

Sure, it would suck if Santana got hurt, but if we don't go all out to win this game, we won't have to worry about next week.

Yep. That's what I'm thinking. He took punts to the house when he played at Miami and with the Jets. This is almost a no-brainer to me. I really feel like we've been lucky to this point with Antonio Brown. While I think he has potential, Moss is already a stud punt returner. Use Moss!!!

Sure, it would suck if Santana got hurt, but if we don't go all out to win this game, we won't have to worry about next week.

If we are behind in the second half and having trouble moving the ball, whats the real risk? If we don't win you have the whole offseason to heal if you get hurt.

I agree completely, it is purely situational. If we're behind by a couple of scores, ok let's do it. If it's close or we are ahead, absolutely not!

I'd love to see Moss return kicks in the playoffs but you know teams would head hunt him if he did. There could be 30 yard sprint helmet spearing. Hell they might even do it on a fair catch. What would be easier than kicking one straight up in the air & having some no-name special teamer decapitate him & get thrown out of the game. It's would be way too easy.

No no no!!! We haven't had good punt returns all season, so why do it now? Moss is our #1 WR and without him, its way more of a loss than 1 punt return for a TD! Let Antonia earn it. Just don't fumble the return or muff it and i'm happy starting our drives anywhere!

No point comparing return stats of Moss and Brown... thats not the issue. If Brown returns just 1 for a TD you'll all bloody love him then!!!

Moss ran one back for the Jets last year which was stunning. He could continue the trend for us. Nothing against Brown, buy why not use your best weapons when appropriate?

Let him run them back in the regular season, post season, Superbowl, hell, let him run in the off season if he wants.

i talked about this couple weeks ago with my cousin.. i thought about it.. my cousin said, yea, we should. he has the best chance to take one to the house.. the flip side is, injury... if he gets injured... we would be arsed out as in recievers.. portis also said something good as coach janky spanky... since we are low on cbs too, moss could replace shawn like how troy brown in england..its a big time decision.... we dont get paid to do this.. whatever we do.. it be good.. i hope... Tampa get ready, the skins are here to sink your shiet... i mean ship :)

I absolutely agree that he should be on the field for punt returns. Antonio Brown may be "getting payed to return punts" but this is it baby, no tomorrow. And I am sure I am not the only one who gets nervous when he sets under the ball to catch a punt. I love the guy but we can NOT afford a fumble here. I think Gibbs uses him...remember, Gibbs is a lot less conservative in the playoffs in his playcalling too.

I don't think you worry about injuries with Moss returning punts. He's been returning punts throughout college and in the pro's. During the regular season you worry about him getting hurt back there, but, in the playoffs you pull out all the stops. The Skins and Bucs are so close that a big punt return could be the difference. I just think his sure hands and potential to break one have to be used in the playoffs as much as possible.

It is playoff time you have to bring the kichten sink and the stove, and the Washer and Dryer. F*c* it you shouyld bring the whole dang on house. That is why I would put brown and moss back thier, on a kickoff, and run a fake reverse. On punts I would just let Moss let it rip with his speed. :movefast:

It is playoff time you have to bring the kichten sink and the stove, and the Washer and Dryer. F*c* it you shouyld bring the whole dang on house. That is why I would put brown and moss back thier, on a kickoff, and run a fake reverse. On punts I would just let Moss let it rip with his speed. :movefast:

With this kind of attitude, you're going places in life my friend. I love your intensity!

With Brunell having trouble getting the ball to Moss, and Brown's shaky hands, it's now apparent that Moss has to be our punt returner. The stakes are getting higher now and we can't afford a turnover on a punt return. Moss is our biggest gamebreaking player and we've got to find more ways to get him the ball. This now becomes almost a no-brainer.

It would have been dreadful had we been unable to get thar fumble back. What was Brown thinking? Who does he think he is, Donte Hall? I was very surprised to see him misjudge his chance to make a play when there were a bunch of Bucs special teamers in his face. Antonio Brown gives the Redskins exceptional speed on special teams. Having Santana Moss back there is too risky because of what he means to our offense.

Archived