Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Moss Return Punts in the Playoffs?????

kingdaddy

If he is going to get hurt he will get hurt fielding a kick-off or punt.. or he will get hurt being horse-collared after making the catch. In other words he is a football player, he can get hurt anywhere and at any position on the field.

You are right, he could get hurt in either of those situations, but by putting him in both situations, you are doubling his chance of injury. Punt returns are violent, chaotic plays, and if the 11 guys running down the field knew that the opposing teams best offensive playmaker had the ball, they would try to ring his bell. Its not worth it. AB is just fine back there. I would rather see Thrash back there than Santana.

I think we put him back there in key situations only, ala Darrell Green vs the Bears in the glory days! or should I say the first glory days.

Agreed! I remember when Green jumped over a Bear on the way to a touchdown in the palyoff's! Thanks for reminding me of that memory

Do any of you remember Desmond Howard's first TD as a Skin? It was week 2, 1992 vs Atlanta...Brian Mitchell fielded the punt and paused...all the defenders surrounded him and he laterralled it back to Desmond Howard and he went all the way for a TD.

What if...?

We did the same thing...have both AB and Moss back...it might work.

Nope.

Antonio Brown gets paid for that.

If we can give him some decent blocks, he's on his way downtown!

Moss needs to do what he's paid for.......

The deep threat on offense.

Our first offensive play of the game should be the deep post to Moss.....Touch Down!

Hail!:point2sky

Antonio Brown is paid to return kicks and can't be trusted to play reciever. Besides, he's already taken one to the house for us at a key moment. So just let the man do what he does best and do his job. We need Moss to be fresh and catch passes, not banged up and exhausted from returning kicks.

The only way Moss should return a kick is if we were in dire straits and we needed a big play near the end of the game.

Archived