Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting Article

StinkNugget

I'm not saying that your defense isn't going to be good, but Trotter isn't going to make the difference between anyone going to the Super Bowl. We could have paid him, we had the money, but just didn;t think he was worth it.

I'm sure Tampa said the same thing about Dilffer. WITH A LOT BETTER REASON.

Bla, Bla, Bla. 3 weeks buddy. Can you hear those footsteps? Thats Arrington comming to get you.

BOOOOO!!!!!:rotflmao:

Originally posted by Mad Mike

Let's see who is still standing when the season is over then we'll talk. Untill then you are just a joke.:dunce:

I think you mean you are the joke until then. We are the NFC East Champions, we got to the NFC Championship. You won a few preseason games. Theres a big difference there buddy. We will have to see who is standing at the end, but right now, we're the East champs and you're a bunch of chumps.

:notworthy

Well Mike I guess your just a football genius. BTW who do you work for? I'll make it easy for you. We offered Trotter 5.5million for the season. He declined. He wanted 5 yrs 30 million. Isnt that twice what your paying for all three of your "soon to be great QB'S"? Thats what i thought. At the end of this season we need to re-sign McNabb, Douglass, Dawkins and a few others. If we would have given trotter 6million then two or more players have to go. Didn,t YOU learn anything with Deion? Guess not. Next time you have something to say put some thought behind it. You sound like a first grader braging about how much his trashman father makes.

phanatic

I see the level of argument from the Philthy crowd continues to decline.

Here's a news flash for you. Baltimore is depleted due to the cap but they have something you don't. A RING!

Just remember. 3 weeks.

BOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Oh, BTW...

Well Mike I guess your just a football genius.

And don't you forget it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Eagles window is not closing exactly, but Troy Vincent. Bobby Taylor, Blaine Bishop, Hugh Douglas and John Runyan are teetering at the pinnacle of their careers, and about to head down the other side. Not to mention the bevy of stop gap over the hill vets they signed this off-season like Levens, Kirkland and Freeman

McNabb, Simon and Dawkins are really the only proven young vets they have right now. I understand that there is some optimism for the young WRs, the rookie CBs and D. Burgess, but really, until they actually do something, it might not be apt to say the Eagles window is closing, but it isn't getting any wider thats for sure

I think the Eagles could win by default like last year. They weren't THAT great, but the NFC East was just bad. The skins can potentially be good or horrid, depending on mistake-free football. If Wuerfell/Mathews can get the job done, I think we win the division. I know I am being bold, but you have to look at last years games against the Eagles. We dominated the first one, and threw 3 interceptions in the red zone in the other, when with any other QB they most likely would have been scores. I don't see Dallas as a threat for the division title. So it is likely the Eagles win the division because our offense takes a good 5-8 games to really gel, and it could be too late by that time to salvage the year with a wildcard, so the Eagles would win a mediocre division by DEFUALT again.......

The Eagles are not that much better than the rest of the division, if at all.

I'm not soothsayer, but I'd be shocked if the Eagles ran away with the division. The Eagles simply aren't good enough to notch 13 or 14 wins.

Personally, I'm feeling pretty good about this Skins team and I think we have a great shot at unseating the Eagles.

Anyway, all this talk is meaningless once ball starts rolling on September 8th. It is very difficult to predict the NFL these days.

Who will andy reid get mad at this year and let go so that we can sign them? I guess it really doesn't matter because they really don't have anyone else who could start for the Skins,,, oh, my fault, we could use David Akers.

Oh,,,,,,, and Stinknuggett... shouldn't you be in Quincy Carter's pants?

Philly is such a great sports town anyway. They let their best defensive player come to us....

They trade their best baseball player away...

As a matter of fact, the last time I was in Philly, I watched Don Shula get carried off the field after Scott Mitchell of all people led the Dolphins to Victory over the egglets.

iggles fan, clearly.

i got $5 says philly ain't #1 in the division. it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't even #2.

"Washington has issues nearly everywhere on offense except running back, where Stephen Davis is a force."

has this fool ever heard of D? what the hell is he thinkin?

sorry, i forgot, an iggles fan wrote it.

nuf said.

Go Skins!!:wave:

Not unlike ASF I think Philly is a tough matchup for us offensively. They're pass D/rush is tough with some pretty good blitzing schemes thrown in for good measure. However, what that presupposes is that Spurrier is as dumb as Martz. Remember in the Super Bowl when the Patsies dared Martz to run the ball ? He had Marshall Faulk and should have done it, I kept wondering why he wasn't doing it. In the end, Spurrier isn't as dumb as Martz and will figure out from film and experience that the Ea-girlz can't stop the run. He'll then flip flop and start using the running of Davis to set up the pass and you'se guys'll be toast in the time it takes Len Fatsquerelli to down a cheesesteak.

I'll bet a billion dollars that the Iggles don't win the division.

Iggles fans are too dumb to see the big picture. They say, "Derr...NFC championship last year...derr...most of same players...derrr...(lightbulb comes on) Super Bowl!"

It's almost comical.

Here is the thing. The Eagles didn't run away with the division last year, and every team in the division besides the Eagles is BETTER this year. So as much as the Eagles are the "money" favorite to win the division, I don't see it cut and dry and I see the Skins and Eagles fighting it out in the last few weeks for the division. I think the Eagles had the benfit of a lousy list of division opponents last year. If you look at who has become a better team since last year, I would say the Skins have improved to where the Eagles will basically be the same exact team, not to say that is a bad thing of course, just meaning the gap between the Eagles and other teams in closing. As far as McNabb, yah he is good, but when he is made to feel uncomfortable in the pocket courtesy of Lavar, he could falter and make bad decisions in fear of losing 10 yards on a sack. And please, I have heard enough from Eagles fans claiming, "McNabb is too big for Lavar to take down, McNabb will run right over Lavar....."

This article is just more of the same. O&B pegged it - groupthink. Oh, it takes so much sack to predict the Eagles in the East. What a brave, bold pick! Let me guess, the author probably has St Louis winning the West and Tampa in the Central. In the AFC he probably has Oakland out West, Pittsburgh in the Central and Miami in the East. And I'm sure his Super Bowl picks are St Louis over Pittsburgh. How original!

Just once I'd like to see one of these major media putzes go out on a limb with a few picks. Just once. Will ANYbody pick the Skins to win the East this year? We shouldn't be considered that far out of the fold. We've got an 8-8 team from last year that added two pro bowl linebackers (to go with the one already here), the best D coordinator in the league and the best offensive mind in the game as head coach. That's a recipe for a good - surprisingly good - team. Will anybody of any stature go out on a limb and make a bold pick like the Redskins will win the East?? Hell no.

Much has been made of the Eagles performance last season, going 11-5 in the regular season and losing a close game to the Rams in the NFC championship. They were soooo close, or were they?

Looking at their stats does not show a dominating team. Their opponents scored more first downs (262 to 256) and won on time of possession (31:21 to 28:39). The Eagles had a slight edge in offensive yardage (4923 to 4701).

Two of the Eagles losses were to the Skins and the Cards, and the Eagles barely squeaked by the Giants twice by scores of 10-9 and 24-21. Interetingly, JEREMIAH TROTTER was the dominant defensive player in both games, with 8 tackles, 1 assist and 1 sack in the first game and 12 tackles, 3 assists and 1 sack in the second. Could it be that without Trotter the Eagles lose one or both of these games and finish 10-6 or even 9-7?

The Eagles are basically playing a pat hand this year, thinking that they were almost there last year and just a little nudge will put them over the top. But they really might not be as good as their record would indicate and the loss of Trotter may be the nudge that pushes them down, rather than up.

You have to envy the Eagles cap management, but it might be a strategy that make them always the bridesmaid and never the bride. As for me, if they had spent a few bucks and kept Trotter, signed Sam Adams and brought in a quality backup QB I think then we would have had something to worry about.

Originally posted by phillyphattymatt

What are you talking about? How can you say the owner doesn't pay his players? We have most of our important players signed for the next few years, and really the only big loss we've taken for financial reasons was Trotter. Just b/c they know how to save some money doesn't mean they're stingy when it comes to signing them.

:shootinth

Your own players said Trotter was your defensive MVP. You lost him, as you put it, to save money. I put my statement in the form of a question, if you bothered to notice, but you confirmed it for me. Thanks very much. :high:

Archived