Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting Article

StinkNugget

The only problem with that article is that everything is based on the past. The Eagles were good last year, Danny Wuerffel used to suck, blah blah blah....

But as the saying goes, I guess that's why they play the games.

How are the Eagles better than last year? Their best defensive player is now a Redskin. Their season hopes are a Donovan McSprainedAnkle away from being over.

We shall see. The Monday night match up in week two will surely be a classic.

Philly had better come up big this year. Everyone is picking them to do it. Their window is closing fast. Thanks to articles like this one they will have teams gunning for them every week. If the Eagles walk away with it...good for them. But don't trick yourself into believing it will be a cake walk.

All this Eagles dominating NFC East talk will end week2 when they visit FedEx and get smacked around like redheaded stepchildren. Our defense will dominate McNugget possibly knocking him out of the game via Lavar hit(if he's dumb enough to actually run out of the pocket) and SOS will put on an air show for the home crowd.

Skins 35

Eagles 3

We will win the division this year I guarantee it.

I would only argue 2 points. One, Troy Vincent is not the best corner in the NFC East. Champ is better...period. Two, I don't think the Eagles will run away with it. I believe the Eagles will, in the end, win the division. However, I see another last game of the year deciding the Eastern champ, similar to last year.

The writer (who is such an expert his name is not listed) is a morron and so are you as you will find out in just three more weeks.

You gonna have big enough nads to come back here after we stomp your birds butts?

Get used to seeing LOTS of pictures like this...

capt.1030237099.redskins_buccaneers_tps101.jpg

Originally posted by Fred Smoot Fan

All this Eagles dominating NFC East talk will end week2 when they visit FedEx and get smacked around like redheaded stepchildren. Our defense will dominate McNugget possibly knocking him out of the game via Lavar hit(if he's dumb enough to actually run out of the pocket) and SOS will put on an air show for the home crowd.

Skins 35

Eagles 3

We will win the division this year I guarantee it.

Wow! Fred Smoot Fan guarantees it! Take it to the bank folks, the oracle has spoken.

Gimme a break.

:pint:

I could definately see the Eagles winning the division again. The are the only team in the East with a proven QB, and lately that's been enough.

The Eagles are The Man until proven otherwise. There's nothing really wrong with Anonymous's prediction, but it's not particulary insightful or informative, either. Hopefully Spurrier will change this guy's mind.

escholz - How is the Eagles' window of opportunity closing fast? They're a relatively young team with a good nucleus of players and the organization is in an enviable position cap wise.

They have some holes to fill... like a premiere WR and RB and a backup QB... but they have to cap space to sign a free agent should one become available... and if not... they have more than enough time to use their next few drafts to fill in the missing pieces.

The Eagles are going to be a solid football team for the foreseeable future. Sorry.

Originally posted by Die Hard

escholz - How is the Eagles' window of opportunity closing fast? They're a relatively young team with a good nucleus of players and the organization is in an enviable position cap wise.

They have some holes to fill... like a premiere WR and RB and a backup QB... but they have to cap space to sign a free agent should one become available... and if not... they have more than enough time to use their next few drafts to fill in the missing pieces.

The Eagles are going to be a solid football team for the foreseeable future. Sorry.

Maybe, because their owner won't pay his players, so their "window" is shortened to the length of important contracts? Age isn't the issue.

Originally posted by ummagumma

Maybe, because their owner won't pay his players, so their "window" is shortened to the length of important contracts? Age isn't the issue.

What are you talking about? How can you say the owner doesn't pay his players? We have most of our important players signed for the next few years, and really the only big loss we've taken for financial reasons was Trotter. Just b/c they know how to save some money doesn't mean they're stingy when it comes to signing them.

:shootinth

Thanks for the post die-hard! I'm really growing tired of hearing that the Eagles window of opportunity is closing fast. We have the most cap room in the league and we are one of the youngest teams. Furtheremore, Why do we have to keep adding blue chip talent in order to improve. WE ARE A YOUNG TEAM THAT IS GROWING AND BEGINING TO GEL. I guess as soon as a new team steps out on the field its over. They dont get any better. Well by that prediction your team will not do any better next year. Do you really believe that.

Look I know you dont like the fact McNabb is only starting his fourth season(third as a starter). He will be better this year and thats not going to help your chances. You have a great defense that will keep you in the games for sure. Just don't be so quick to read into the Eagles season.

and really the only big loss we've taken for financial reasons was Trotter. Just b/c they know how to save some money doesn't mean they're stingy when it comes to signing them.

Oh Really? What if Trotter is the difference between the Eagles going to the big dance and the Redskins? :doh:

Oh well, at least you saved some money.:shootinth

Originally posted by Mad Mike

Oh Really? What if Trotter is the difference between the Eagles going to the big dance and the Redskins? :doh:

Oh well, at least you saved some money.:shootinth

I'm not saying that your defense isn't going to be good, but Trotter isn't going to make the difference between anyone going to the Super Bowl. We could have paid him, we had the money, but just didn;t think he was worth it.

Look I know you dont like the fact McNabb is only starting his fourth season(third as a starter). He will be better this year and thats not going to help your chances.

McNabb, McNabb, McNabb. I'm sick of hearing about it. Is He better than Marino? Did Marino ever win a Superbowl? Sorry but one person does not a championship make.

Is your defense going to be better than ours? I doubt it. How about the offense. I'll take our guys any day. At least if we lose our QB we still are OK. Then again how good is McNabb? If somone had said the Pats would be better off without Bledsoe we all would have slapped them. But you guys are ready to call McNabb a freekin hall of famer.:puke:

Let's see who is still standing when the season is over then we'll talk. Untill then you are just a joke.:dunce:

Archived