Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Fans May Fill the Stands Saturday!

raperry2

Had the Redskins not illegally gotten that password, the Buc fans who did not buy those tickets at Christmas would have bought them before the Skin fans had a chance.

So pathetic. Face it---there are more of us than they are of you. The article said you guys had 100,000 on your season ticket waiting list---I called the Skins ticket office yesterday out of curiousity to see where I was at----200,000 something.

Face it your franchise sucks.

Property has gone through the roof in Florida.Per capita incomes are much lower than the Washington area.The cost of living is almost as high in Fla. as the DC area but income isn't.Not trying to bolster his arguements just stating facts.Ther were $75.00 tickets available through ticketmaster .Hope the Skins ahve a great turnout.It would be great to have 20,000 plus Skin's fans.

Not to beat a dead-horse..but...so what? All that means is that property taxes have risen...like everywhere else....our property taxes have gone up...but not our salaries....so it's a wash. If you can afford season-tickets, then ~ $100.00 ain't gonna break you.....

Actually, I think most TB fans are saving their dineros for the double-wide strip club that will inevitably grace the parking lot at Raymond James Stadium. So the dilemna becomes, do I pay my exorbitantly high property taxes or say screw it and cash in for a plentiful supply of singles to get the "Blackbeard's Delight" lap dance while I'm tailgating with the rest of my buddies in the heart of the Redneck Riviera? Decisions, decisions.

The average salary in the Tampa Bay area is quite low compared to what it is in DC. Real estate prices have tripled here in the last few years and salaries have not gone up. Alot of people here are strapped for cash. When those tickets became available, it was a week before Christmas and alot of the season ticket holders couldn't afford to buy them at that time. I bought my tickets, but even I thought they were a little expensive. We were offered to buy 2 playoff tickets at a time when it looked like the Bucs might not even make the playoffs. The Bucs had just lost 28-0 to the Patriots. It ended up costing me about $800 for 3 seats for 2 games. I imagine alot of people can't afford that near Christmas.

Had the Redskins not illegally gotten that password, the Buc fans who did not buy those tickets at Christmas would have bought them before the Skin fans had a chance.

Waaaaa, salaries are low and real estate prices are high in Tampa. :cry: Waaaaa, tickets went on sale right before Christmas. :cry: Waaaaa, Redskins fans illegally got the ticketmaster password. :cry: Waaaa friggin waaaa waaaa waaaa. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:bucsuck:

The average salary in the Tampa Bay area is quite low compared to what it is in DC. Real estate prices have tripled here in the last few years and salaries have not gone up. Alot of people here are strapped for cash. When those tickets became available, it was a week before Christmas and alot of the season ticket holders couldn't afford to buy them at that time. I bought my tickets, but even I thought they were a little expensive. We were offered to buy 2 playoff tickets at a time when it looked like the Bucs might not even make the playoffs. The Bucs had just lost 28-0 to the Patriots. It ended up costing me about $800 for 3 seats for 2 games. I imagine alot of people can't afford that near Christmas.

Like you wouldnt have dont the same thing!! Anyway, that sucks that your area are so selfish with pay!! That is the type of thing that drives a team to another city!! I hope your community gets smart and gets on the ball so Bucks fans can support the home team. I feel you because its because of that same thing that Norfolk didnt get the MLB or NHL teams!!:mad:

Actually, I think most TB fans are saving their dineros for the double-wide strip club that will inevitably grace the parking lot at Raymond James Stadium. So the dilemna becomes, do I pay my exorbitantly high property taxes or say screw it and cash in for a plentiful supply of singles to get the "Blackbeard's Delight" lap dance while I'm tailgating with the rest of my buddies in the heart of the Redneck Riviera? Decisions, decisions.

LMAO -- So wrong... Yet so true.

Ass-Pirates.

Give the bucs fan a break. Like it or not, the DC area is overall a wealthy part of the country, and $800 is a lot of money.

He's not really whining, he's just pointing out the reality that it's not neccessarily that the Redskins have the better fan base. It could just be that Redskin fans have more money.

The arguement is flawed. If people in the Tampa area are strapped for cash due to the tripling of the real estate prices, the low average salary and that the tickets went on sale the week before Christmas, then how would the Buc fans have bought the tickets anyways?

:helmet: :logo: :point2sky

I will concur with this statement. While most Bucs fans are good people, they are more the beer and wrestling crowd. They love their Bucs, but I would imagine, as this poster said, this is a bad time of year for a lot of them to buy extra tickets.

The Bucs fans who posted that password on their message board didn't realize that we have nearly 49,000 members on here, so if that password hits here, you can bet a LOT of people are gonna buy up those tickets

As for the fact that the folks in the Tampa area have less cash to buy tickets than the folks in the DC area, I have but three simple words:

TOO F---ING BAD!!!!

Give the bucs fan a break. Like it or not, the DC area is overall a wealthy part of the country, and $800 is a lot of money.

He's not really whining, he's just pointing out the reality that it's not neccessarily that the Redskins have the better fan base. It could just be that Redskin fans have more money.

Interesting to see that it was a 22 year old, Mr. Nostril, that was able to sense the true spirit of UdinG's post.

Baaahhhaaaaaaa haaaa haaaaaa! Weak. :silly: :laugh:

The arguement is flawed. If people in the Tampa area are strapped for cash due to the tripling of the real estate prices, the low average salary and that the tickets went on sale the week before Christmas, then how would the Buc fans have bought the tickets anyways?

Now having said what I just said, I WILL say that as a fourth-generation native Floridian (a rarity) I am sick and tired of people moving to Florida and then complaining about the "low salaries" down here! I always remind these pinheads that Interstate 95 has northbound lanes too! AND, contrary to common belief, the NB lanes ARE indeed wide enough for U-Hauls and Double-wides!

My belief is that if you don't like your current status, get a better job and/or a second- or third-, or get an edumacation, or move to a new location, and improve your situation!

The solution for a lot of these people is raise the minimum wage. WHY?! So you can afford your cell phones, late-model cars, Bucs tickets, beer, ... ? Yeah, we should raise minimum wage to, what?, $40/hr?

Sorry for the rant, but as a small-business owner, I am tired of this mentality! Slack off on your job, but do expect that raise just for showing up!

Sorry :( I know this isn't a political message board ..

[/soap box]

The NFL does overcharge for playoff tickets, that is true. The password is a mute point, I think both teams fan base should have equal access to tix with the home team still getting a home field advantage in their stadium with a majority of their fans. True fans have to do whatever is necessary to secure tix and not lose them to the opposing team when the opportunity presents itself. I bet the number of Skins fans ranges in the 30- 40% range.

Cry me a river Mickey Mouse, you will see us on Saturday.

:doh:

Umm....open up a credit union account and save around $5.00 a week?? It's called PLANNING....and the average NFL fan who has season tickets probably can probably swing it......

I might add also that I got the password through another venue that has nothing to do with this fan board, the Redskins organization, etc. Most people have friends and relatives who live in the FL area that also have access to this information. It was impossible for them to stop this. That's what the post-season ticket offering before Xmas served, and apparently Bucs season ticket holders didn't jump on it. Their loss is my gain!

The NFL does overcharge for playoff tickets, that is true. The password is a mute point, I think both teams fan base should have equal access to tix with the home team still getting a home field advantage in their stadium with a majority of their fans. True fans have to do whatever is necessary to secure tix and not lose them to the opposing team when the opportunity presents itself. I bet the number of Skins fans ranges in the 30- 40% range.

It's a seller's market. If the stadium was half-empty on Saturday, then I'm sure they'd adjust the prices for future games! My suspicion is that there will be PLENTY of people in the seats.

Also, when an NFL owner starts threatening to move a team to another market, it is sometimes because they would prefer to exist in a market where fans CAN afford the tickets! This is part of the reason why the "Cheapest Owner in the NFL ®", Bill Bidwill of your Arizona Cardinals moved the team from St Louis to Phoenix.

Now, I'm sure that if the Yux see a sea of B&G on Saturday instead of a fair mix of fans, they will realize that they DID overprice the tickets for THEIR fans.

Archived