Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Snyder come out and say it?

KevinthePRF

I think the only thing that will keep Gregg Williams here is knowing he is going to be the head coach once Joe Gibbs retires. So if Joe, Gregg, and Snyder agrees should they just come out and make a public statement saying such since he is on these plethora of these coachless teams hitlist?

I think the only thing that will keep Gregg Williams here is knowing he is going to be the head coach once Joe Gibbs retires. So if Joe, Gregg, and Snyder agrees should they just come out and make a public statement saying such since he is on these plethora of these coachless teams hitlist?

Snyder does not like Greg Williams. Williams will not be the next head coach

enough of you people talking about him 24/7. The guy has a talented defense

Sean Springs, Griffinth , Salvilia, Taylor, Washington, Arrington daniels

he is not waiving magic dust over the defense. The defense was ranked 9th. Stop making him savior .The reason this team is winning is Joe Gibbs not Greg Williams

And your source is....?

It has been reported that they do not get along. Tony Kornhiser just said it

Greg Williams is a 6-10 head coach period. Gibbs is a winner. The team is winning because of Gibbs personel decesions not williams MAGIC DUST he puts over the defense

Williams unit looks better because they have more players. If the Skins had another Moss reciever they would have one of the top offenses in the league

Williams is a good coach, but assitant head coach. We have Greg Blache and other guys there who are more then capabable. Blache had a good d with the bears and skins.

Its a joke. People do not want to give Gibbs credit for this team because he is old or something.

If GW get an head coaching offer this year, why would he wait years for Gibbs to retire? Would any of you do that?

and why would Gibbs retire early if the team is getting better? Williams will wait 4 yrs? And why would the skins promice anybody a head coaching job because they put together a good defense? Did Norv Turner not put a good offense together in Dallas?

Snyder does not like Greg Williams. Williams will not be the next head coach

enough of you people talking about him 24/7. The guy has a talented defense

Sean Springs, Griffinth , Salvilia, Taylor, Washington, Arrington daniels

he is not waiving magic dust over the defense. The defense was ranked 9th. Stop making him savior .The reason this team is winning is Joe Gibbs not Greg Williams

You must have the inside track that hasn't been reported anywhere at anytime on Dan and Gregg's relationship.

Gregg isn't a savior or a genius. But keeping him here as head coach after Joe retires, which will be sooner than later, gives this organization something it hasn't had in Snyder's tenure. Stability.

I'd rather not have to blow the whole thing up and start over from scratch again when Gibbs retires.

Snyder cannot promise the job to GW for another reason. The league has a rule that you must at least interview a minority for any head coaching position. Teams that have gone around this rule have been punished with fines and since that has not worked there is talk that a loss of draft picks will result. Denver lost a late 3rd round pick for going over the cap and thus you would be looking at a 3rd round pick or higher being lost for going around this rule based on the history of punishment in the NFL.

Well I'm not so sure about G. Williams getting a head-coaching job. Remember when he was the HC for Buffalo? They were 4-12 and 5-11 I think.

Then again there are alot of vacancies this off season with a few more on the way I think, so there is a chance some other team will invest in him.

You must have the inside track that hasn't been reported anywhere at anytime on Dan and Gregg's relationship.

Gregg isn't a savior or a genius. But keeping him here as head coach after Joe retires, which will be sooner than later, gives this organization something it hasn't had in Snyder's tenure. Stability.

I'd rather not have to blow the whole thing up and start over from scratch again when Gibbs retires.

how do you know it will be sooner? Is Gibbs 95? You are telling me Gibbs can not coach 3 more yrs after this when he signeda 5 yr contract? And skins fan should worry about something 3 yrs down the road?

Its just a age bias going on. You do not need to be young to be a head coach. Head coaches do nto go out play. If you mind is into it, you can coach

If Gibbs was going to quit in 3 yrs he would of signed a 3 yr deal

I have heard once before this year that there is friction between the front office (Snyder) and Gregg Williams. IIRC... I saw it on TV during one of the Redskins post-game shows. There were no sources or quotes to back that statement up then, and there have been no corraborating (sp?) sources or quotes since.

In other words, as of now, it is rumor/speculation only.

Well I'm not so sure about G. Williams getting a head-coaching job. Remember when he was the HC for Buffalo? They were 4-12 and 5-11 I think.

Then again there are alot of vacancies this off season with a few more on the way I think, so there is a chance some other team will invest in him.

4-12- 6-10 , Norv Turner type records. He was awful at personel. Playing Drew Bledsoe. He is the exact opposite of what we need in a head coach .

The only guys the Skins would hire if Gibbs left would be a Jim Fassel or somebody. A coach with NFC east and head coaching expirence.

Williams i wish him luck where ever he goes next yr. Just promote Blache

Guest sith lord
Yes especially since he is getting paid a head coach salary as an assistant coach.

Yes, he's getting paid a lot of money for a cordinator, but getting a head coaching job is a promotion that can't be passed up.

4-12- 6-10 , Norv Turner type records. He was awful at personel. Playing Drew Bledsoe. He is the exact opposite of what we need in a head coach .

The only guys the Skins would hire if Gibbs left would be a Jim Fassel or somebody. A coach with NFC east and head coaching expirence.

I don't know if Williams is going to be a good HC or not. But others have failed on the first attempt and then succeeded. I'm not worried if he leaves. Gibbs loves Blache, and he could provide continuity on D. However, this isn't age bias towards Gibbs. It's fans wanting the consistency to remain because there has been so much inconsistency over the last decade.

I think they Hire Williams when Gibbs leaves if he is still here. Belicheck did not do to well his first stint in Cleveland and he had one heck of a coaching staff with Saban and few other coaches now in the league on his team. Plus Willliams said he went out after getting hired and tried to please the owner when he had already pleased him enough to hire him. plus he did not wait to hire his coaching staff and bring in his guys he brought in the first guys available.

as bad as his record was in buffalo GW HAS head coaching experience. what do you think he is experiencing now.....nfc east football under the best coach possible. this is his defense, his team. he is being groomed to take over for the long run after Gibbs does what he came to do, turn the team around and back into a winner.

there is no way in hell, Snyder brings in a fassel or anyone else that does not know or play our style/system. that was the problem after Gibbs left the first time. the system changed, wont happen again.

Gibbs signed a five year deal because he knew he could fix things within five years. no offense but have you paid any attention to what has transpired with this team or do you simply post based on your gut feeling?

It has been reported that they do not get along. Tony Kornhiser just said it

Greg Williams is a 6-10 head coach period. Gibbs is a winner. The team is winning because of Gibbs personel decesions not williams MAGIC DUST he puts over the defense

Williams unit looks better because they have more players. If the Skins had another Moss reciever they would have one of the top offenses in the league

Williams is a good coach, but assitant head coach. We have Greg Blache and other guys there who are more then capabable. Blache had a good d with the bears and skins.

Its a joke. People do not want to give Gibbs credit for this team because he is old or something.

Hey! Calm down! Everybody's giving credit to Joe Gibbs. It's his Keen sense of organization and management that brought Greg Williams here in the first place. Notice that GW's official title is " Assistant Head Coach - Defense " not Defensive coordinator.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

:bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :cheers:

Read GW's chat transcript here that another member linked me to in another thread concerning GW. He says he loves the area, loves the organization, and his family likes their schools, loves the area...says his family being happy where they are is the most important thing, he doesnt need head coaching designation.

Lets hope so!!!!!!!!

Williams is a solid coach. He's going to be a better head coach now than he was in Buffalo. If you don't think so, you're sadly mistaken.

He can call his own shot now. He'll wait for the best opportunity to succeed, and then he'll move on. It'd be nice to have him wait for Gibbs to step down, but the allure of being a head coach can be very hard to resist, and this year there are a TON of pretty good jobs available to choose from.

Snyder cannot promise the job to GW for another reason. The league has a rule that you must at least interview a minority for any head coaching position. Teams that have gone around this rule have been punished with fines and since that has not worked there is talk that a loss of draft picks will result. Denver lost a late 3rd round pick for going over the cap and thus you would be looking at a 3rd round pick or higher being lost for going around this rule based on the history of punishment in the NFL.

i'm not sure if the rule applies here, given williams' 'assistant head coach' status.

Regardless of what Williams' past shows, why would you want to bring in another outsider to coach the redskins after Gibbs fullfills his contract, which he will. Williams might not of been the answer two years ago when we were looking for a new head coach, but he's in the system now. We finally might have a chance to give our players the same faces to look at for quite some time, why would we want to go back to where we were over the past 10 years. We've got a good coaching staff, THE BEST HEAD COACH, theres no need for Danny boy to ruin this one, he's finally found the answer.

We always have had, and always will continue to have a top 10 defense b/c that's what we do in DC, we rep. the National Defense. Now, with that said, I think the D will be fine if Gregg Willy leaves and Greg Blache takes over. We need a guy, like Gibbs, who does offense well and not a defensive oriented coach...

Archived