Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People - Please get some Perspective

greenmile

I don't understand you people. Someone predicts an upset in the other direction and you're not a fan? Fans cheer for their team, and love it when they win, and hate it when they lose. I probably hate it more than others when we lose, because my whole weak is ruined. I suppose the let down is a bit easier if I tell myself we're going to lose before the game.

Anybody remember Mass_SkinsFan? Is it me or does Greenmile sound a lot like that guy?

He's either Mass_SkinsFan part 2, or he's the Football Genuis that Ax interviews every week.

Guest GibbSkins11
So some people start giving us some credit, and we're just eating it up?

So we think we're in the top of the league now because we're, what, 9-6?

Let's not forget how stagnant our offense can be. Seriously, think what would have happened last week if the Giants were able to contain Moss? Guess what, we lose. We won that game on 2 lucky "please catch it" deep balls, one of which wasn't even well-thrown.

What happens when our gameplan is outmatched? Do we pull another Raiders game, where we just look inept on offense and unable to go to plan B? It doesn't seem like the Redskins ever have a plan B, and that worries me.

Are you sure our defense isn't going to throw another Bucs game, where we get destroyed by the big play again and again?

Let's all hope the Redskins don't decide to turn the ball over like we did against the Cardinals, cause we won't be able to survive that up in the Philly.

Things are on the up right now, sure. But I think you people need to realize that winning 4 straight does not make us a consistent team. In fact, just look at the Arizona game for such proof (we won the game on a kick return). I like our defense still, but even with the points we've scored the past two weeks, I feel that 2 years of an inconsistent and unpredictable offense does not change overnight.

Hopes destroyed, back to reality: Eagles 17, Redskins 14

all skins fans can do is prepare for philly , it is goin to be a tuff game , let me quote a living legend.....

On his mindset heading into the Redskins' game against the Eagles:

"Right now, for anyone in this organization--or, I would hope, in the entire town--to be focused on anything but Philadelphia is ridiculous. We're getting ready to play the most important game that a lot of our players have played--in a place where it's extremely tough to play and in a place where [the home team] just took the Giants into overtime. If we lose the game, we aren't going anywhere, so my mindset is on one thing: Philadelphia. I'm not thinking about anything else but that."- Joe Gibbs

i think the skins will win this game but its going to be tuff , if u think it is a lock we will lose , that said we do have a great team this year and if we take it one game at a time and pray for a win theirs no telling how far we can go!!!:cheers:

Anybody remember Mass_SkinsFan? Is it me or does Greenmile sound a lot like that guy?

He's either Mass_SkinsFan part 2, or he's the Football Genuis that Ax interviews every week.

I've asked him in a couple of threads if he's Oldfan, only half-joking, but I'm sure hes not. :laugh:

Yes we are 9-6 but think about how close we were to 14-1

#4 HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

I believe

Exactly. And the team is playing great football at the time of the year it is required. Unlike the Colts, Giants, Panthers, Chargers or Bengals. They all have been losing games that they should be winning this time of the year.

The teams that are winning against other good teams? Patriots and Redskins and Seahawks. The only thing the Redskins haven't done is beat a good team on the road. Neither have the Seahawks though, the last good team they faced on the road they lost to us in week 3.

Let's not forget how stagnant our offense can be. Seriously, think what would have happened last week if the Giants were able to contain Moss? Guess what, we lose. We won that game on 2 lucky "please catch it" deep balls, one of which wasn't even well-thrown.

What happens when our gameplan is outmatched? Do we pull another Raiders game, where we just look inept on offense and unable to go to plan B? It doesn't seem like the Redskins ever have a plan B, and that worries me.

Are you sure our defense isn't going to throw another Bucs game, where we get destroyed by the big play again and again?

Let's all hope the Redskins don't decide to turn the ball over like we did against the Cardinals, cause we won't be able to survive that up in the Philly.

Things are on the up right now, sure. But I think you people need to realize that winning 4 straight does not make us a consistent team. In fact, just look at the Arizona game for such proof (we won the game on a kick return). I like our defense still, but even with the points we've scored the past two weeks, I feel that 2 years of an inconsistent and unpredictable offense does not change overnight.

Hopes destroyed, back to reality: Eagles 17, Redskins 14

Whos Hope is Destroyed? Your brain is destroyed if anything!!!! Incase you havent noticed "which you havent" all good teams will have an off day, but still find a way to win!

This team is only 2 years old and grew up fast these last 5 weeks, proof is the dallas cowboys and ny giants, next will be philly then who ever wants us next.

Great news, all hope is back and were 3 days from Playoffs!!!! :point2sky

Exactly. And the team is playing great football at the time of the year it is required. Unlike the Colts, Giants, Panthers, Chargers or Bengals. They all have been losing games that they should be winning this time of the year.

The teams that are winning against other good teams? Patriots and Redskins and Seahawks. The only thing the Redskins haven't done is beat a good team on the road. Neither have the Seahawks though, the last good team they faced on the road they lost to us in week 3.

Not Exactly. Like I have stated before, we are just as close of being 5 - 10 as we are 14 - 1.

Unlike the Colts, they lost San Diego and for the next game, how long did it take them to pull their players out? They pulled everyone out by the beginning of the 2nd Quarter. They had nothing to play for...

The Bengals are 4 -1 in the last 5 games. I wouldn't put it as them "losing games

We have played great football for the last 2 games, but one thing about this team is that we are unpredictable, that we are inconsistent. Just look how we played against Arizona.

The big difference between the skins now and before is

1. Joe Gibbs has everything in hand, he is making his famous in game adjustments and the skins are executing.

2. Gregg Williams has the Defence scaring the crap out of the opposition receivers, and they are now applying pressure to the QB's, this does not always result in a sack or stuff but it has given us two interceptions in the last two games.

3. Special teams is now getting in on the act as well, Antonio Brown is getting good blocking upfield and the offence is getting good field position as a result.

4. THE TEAM IS PLAYING AS A TEAM, WE HAVE RUNNING BACKS BLOCKING LINE BACKERS, WE HAVE PLAYERS PERFORMING MAGIC TRICKS TO MAKE THE FIRST DOWN, WE HAVE A TEAM THAT IS BASED ON CHARACTER, FOCUS AND HONESTY, OTHER TEAMS SAY THAT WE ARE MORE FOCUSED AND WE WANT IT MORE, TRUTH IS WE CAN DRAG THAT OUT OF OUR GUTS AND OTHER TEAMS CANT..THIS IS WHY THE SKINS ARE DOING SO WELL.

I am sorry about what ever happened to make you down like this man....

as for the rest of us... we are going to continue to ride this high.. which will last until we lose and then some... it also wont end this weekend...

you have to have faith in your team... how can you not??? We just beat the giants and cowboys in very convincing fashion... is that to say that we will demolish philly.. nope... could we lose... yep... but you have to have some faith in your team man...

i promise you everyone on this board knows the dangers that are out there with us going to philly..... but a post like this.. at a time like this... come on man... you could have posted this before the 4 soon to be 5 game streak had started and people would agree... but our team is playing with heart and soul.... and sometimes that enough right there to win ball games......

GO SKINS... WHOOOOOOOOO

Well said GOSKN5 :applause:

I don't know quite what to think about people saying I'm not a Redskins fan. I'm sorry I'm not the stereotypical "YAY SKINS" fan that think's we're going 13-3 after starting 3-0 (a poll on redskins.com, in which I think 50% say 13-3). I may not be the most optimistic person, but I can assure you I'm probably more of a die-hard redskins fan that most of you here. Each week is life-and-death to me when the Redskins play. Check out my earlier posts, maybe that will show you I'm a true fan.

As for this bet, that's just stupid. Nobody wants to celebrate more than me. But you're not the ones who will live in misery for months if we lose on Sunday. So I'm taking the precautionary route, give me a break.

how in the world can you begin to even think that YOU are more "diehard" than anyone here? when YOU are the one predicting a loss to a dabilitated iggles team with nothing to play for, AFTER our two clutch wins. the fact that you say "each game is life or death for me" AND "you are not the ones that will live in misery for months if we lose" solidifies my opinion of you as an iggles fan, or at least not a real Skins fan. after the prediction you have made that is what is called "reaching" my friend. trying to hard to prove your point you have gone to far, to extreme to attempt to prove your love for OUR Skins. basic psychology. im not buying it.

and by the way, how the hell do you presume to know the depth of love that anyone, especially thoise that actually support the team, has? that is asinine.

POSER

well douche bag(thats french for greenmile) take my challenge, I have more to lose than you since Im a Redskin fan season ticket holder and love everything about my team and you are a snipe picking troll. You have nothing to lose in the bet, all you lose is your IP being banned from this site disallowing you to hate on the skins. I have to lose celebrating with my fellow fans our wins. You dont have anything to lose.

I know you have no spine since your not a Redskin fan, but I implore you to grow one and accept my challenge.

edit: If Im wrong about my french translation of douche bag, blame public schools.

I'm a season ticket holder too. I've already told you that I will not take your bet.

Due to the lack of fun we have had over the last few seasons...

I have had to fight the feelings that GreenMile has expressed (the same feelings my wife expresses about the Skins every weekend...).

But early in this season I finally started to see the affect Gibbs has on a team start to take root and grow (of course we all would have liked to see that last year but that would have been unrealistic...). So instead of being "overly cautious" before every game, I started to become "confident".

Now that we are healthier on both sides of the ball.... everything is starting to click just right (and will only get better!).

I guess my major issue with GreenMile's post is this... if the "ugly seasons" before this one have brought you so down on the Skins that you cannot feel confident enough to "predict" a win this weekend.... it's about time you switched teams or just stopped enjoying football all together...

If you cannot be feeling "giddy" at this point after the way we have been playing... then you are just too far gone to be saved.

Yes, the Eagles have had our number the past few years... but it is unfair by you to compare these two teams at this point in the season to what we have seen in the past.

I'm sorry that you feel the way you feel...it's very unfortunate and sad to see if you are a "true" Skins fan.

I will go into this game with the utmost confidence and will enjoy every minute. (as long as we are winning....:D )

The Giants scored on a tipped ball and an interception. :doh: Greenmile, I believe it is time for you to pick up another passtime.

Greenmile

for your to even be sitting around wanting to start a threat with those thoughts is beyond reason. Apparently you think every other team in the NFL is PERFECT, but au contrair I don't see any team in the NFL without a loss in the loss column. It's called SPORTS and in sports you have some good days and bad days and you try and have more good days and build up CONFIDENCE in your sport. We know the Skins aren't perfect but for you too bring up that B.S. in the biggest game around here in 6 years is so Moronic it's not funny. Give me a break!!! If your a skins fan than I'm as rich as Danny. Every year you can talk about a team being inconsistent because you will lose games. But if you can't get your head out of your old ass and see that we are playing GREAT team ball right now and the eagles aren't a very confident bunch, nor do they have ENOUGH TALENT on the field to beat us then you really need to convert those tickets and your FAKE love for the skins and turn it over too Dallas!! I can't stand your "realist" types, you always have to find a way to steal some joy we are FINALLY in a position where we not only get to the playoffs, sweep Dallas and have a chance to win the Division but all you can talk about is our inconsistencies!! It seems to me YOU AND ALL THE REST OF THESE SO CALLED FANS WHO HAVE NEGATIVE THINGS TO SAY EVERY WEEK are the ones who are inconsistent!!!! YOU SUCK!!! Go Skins!!!

What happened? How about 13 years of dissapointing seasons, that's what happened.

I hope we win. But there's a difference between hoping and thinking. Do I think we'll win, I don't know... maybe. I suppose there's a fine line between being a realist and a pessimist.

Perhaps this is bad timing, but after coming to this board and all I was reading was PLAYOFF predictions, I couldn't help but write this. I scared as sht about this game, and it just seems like some of you guys have already chalked up the win.

We all just need to believe, but we appreciate everyones insight

I hate when people say "look how close we are from being * - *"

Why do only close loses count as "close wins" and not vice versa.

We are very close from being 5-10

He is right by his post btw. We needed antonio brown to run one back against ARIZONA for crying out loud. Sometimes our offence clicks, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes our defence can play like the 85 Bears, sometimes it can play like 05 Texans

Lets hope this week we keep playing like we are on Offence, and our D steps it up this week!

I agree. I was just pointing out how the same arguments he made about how BAD things could have been to show how GOOD things could have been.

Anyone replying seriously to this message..... come on!

His name is GREENmile for Pete's sake.

Look at the spelling. Look at the post count. He's some 16-year-old dork in Philadelphia who spends his time on the Internet during recess instead of hitting on chicks, like all the other 16-year-old guys are doing. He's conveniently found a VERY passionate group of people in an absolutely frenzied state. No zit-covered 16-year-old virgin Eagles fan could pass this up!

One word: TROLL. DO NOT FEED.

People around here need to learn to reply to posts without getting personal. Greenmile may not hold your opinion (or mine) but he hasn't said anything that merits some of the comments he's getting.

I share some of his concerns about this weekend's game and have stated so in a couple of threads. We have yet to play a complete game on the road.

That being said to say we would have lost to the Giants if they had been able to contain Moss or that his two TDs were lucky is imbecilic. If we had kept LT in check we beat the Chargers. We didn't and it wasn't because we were unlucky. Santana Moss is a playmaker which means he makes plays. Against the Giants he made plays. We were not lucky to beat the Cardinals. Antonio Brown made a play, in the 3rd quarter mind you, that won the game for the Skins. He ran through a huge hole that his teammates made for him and scored an easy touchdown. The Redskins did what they had to do to win.

Luck is having a ball bounce in the wrong direction or having a ref rule a player wasn't down when he actually was. Santana Moss beating a CB like a drum is not luck. Joe Gibbs calling a HB pass and the other team biting on it isn't luck. The Redskins dominating time of possession isn't luck.

Your concerns are very real. You conclusions are completely off base.

Ouvan, this guy MAY be a Skins fan, and I MIGHT have gone overboard, but I make my rent by making decisions based on incomplete information, and I'd bet the rent this guy is not a Skins fan.

This is one of those things where this guy will never admit it but he's just stirring up the nest. That, or he's completely oblivious.

Either way, I'm not going to make the guy feel worse/feed the troll anymore, holla.

Pessimistic, realistic, idealistic. Often confused with each other, most usually for "realistic."

All three types have a right to post on this board.

Greenmile is a pessimist right now - whether or not you agree, he or she is entitled to that sentiment.

Calling him a non-Redskin fan, "informing" him that he is "gay", "calling him out" on being a liberal, or referring to his join date of Sept '05 as the only clear reasons he could possibly say what he had to say - these are far less acceptable to me than anything Greenmile said. In fact, they make me angry and dissapointed, and are as baseless and superstitious as some of the very same apparently inflammatory remarks made in Greenmile's original post.

Nonetheless, I look for a score of Redskins 24 Eagles 17 !!

HTTR!!

-nomad

Archived